• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Christian Alliance

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd say, if they truly repented, and believed Jesus was their savior, then they go to heaven. I'm not sure if that's helpful, but that's what I believe would get someone to heaven.

crobatman

The argument that there can be no ETI because the Bible does not mention it is, in my eyes, weak.

That is not my argument. I see the belief in E.T. as weak compared to what we should be focused on.

Consider: The Old Testament was considered God's law until Jesus Christ came along and overthrew many of those beliefs and said, "this is my law," replacing them with many revolutionary ideas for that time.
Plus Jesus did not overthrow the law. The Law is important. What Jesus did was fulfill the law with his love.

anyway, check out this response I made in a debate forum topic about heaven and hell. What do you guys think about the topic? http://serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=8686219&postcount=21

Hey guys, I got some questions for you which arised when I was writing my story, A world Unknown.

Now recently in my story, four people died in an explosion trying to save lives. Hilda and Trent Celeriac, Meredith Bryce and Ava Harrison. Now preivously these four used to be evil, besides Meredith the other three were immortals and have a century of evil to thier names, almost two centuries for the Celeriacs. And Meredith was an assassin for about twenty years before she retired in 08, all four were on the road to redemption and the path of good until they died. Now the questions in the story, did they go to hell or did they go to Heaven? Were their good deeds enough to do it. Hilda and Trent have been good for maybe 5 months now, could be more. Ava and her husband (Who is deceased and was evil but turned good, had less time to do it unlike Ava) were about the same time to be good. Meredith has only started seeing the error of her ways maybe about 3 or so months ago.

Now keeping how long they were alive for as evil and then turned good, would the four still be granted access in heaven? Following the daughter in law of Hilda/Trent quote: "Maybe there is no hell, maybe there's just Heaven or shades of gray, surely a forgiving and divine being wouldn't sentenced the reforming people to hell" (BTW her quote not mine, Tanya, the character who said it isn't Christian and trying to comfort her wife who lost her parents in the explosion).
So could Ava, Meredith, Hilda and Trent have done enough good just to go to Heaven?

It's actually a question I wondered myself when I was writing the chapter, it's an issue that will be raised alot in the story, my own character even questions if they went to Heaven (Hmm, trying to figure out if it was the Amber character or Tanya that said the quote).

If you are wondering about their fictional souls, then we should get to know more about the story. Is it supposed to be a Christian story?
Anyway, we can not know unless we know their choices. There is no person that can be good enough to go to heaven. We can not do anything to get into heaven. The problem is with our sin and its curse. The solution is with the sacrifice of the saviour. He chooses us, but will we choose him?

Last edited:

Dawn's Paul

bad hair day...
Speaking of aliens I remember hearing once from a speaker who was talking about Revelations that UFOs are actually the angels that fell away from God. Now I do not agree with this since I do not think there is any biblical evidence for this but I just want to see what people think about it.

P.S.: Dawn's Paul, which part of East Asia are you from? Are you ethnically Asian?

go look for the smallest nation in East Asia.
That's the answer.
Clue: 1st F1 NIGHT race.

And yes, I am 100% Asian.

87.5% Chinese
12.5% Korean.

Willow's Tara

The Bewitched
crobat- Okay, I didn't post all of it because it might be too long. It's not an Christian story (Although two of them, not the four that died, believe in God, one of them was even a Nun).
Now the four were really evil, although it explains that Ava and Drake were evil because of thier parents, Trent was evil himself and Hilda was only alive for roughly 100 years because she was considered dead for some time and was resurrected.
The story never actually says if the four believe in God, Ava did but Meredith/Hilda/Trent never spoke much of him, only they knew there was a higher being that judged thier sins and such.

crobatman

Maybe the Higher Being could come in the story to rescue them and show them the way...

... perhaps making a deal with them if they join the ranks of his angels and fight for good or something (and possibly only some of the characters take the deal and you have them against each other).

Pikawho?

(five15)
Hooray for school, a play, sports, and everything else in my life. :3 I still need prayer. I'm overwhelmed at the moment. I'm surprised that i haven't fainted yet....>.>

They can only get into heaven if they believe that Jesus died for their sins and that He is their only access into heaven. "But they believe in God. ;-;" In James it says, "Even the demons believe in God, and shudder." "But they were good people. ;-;" You can never be good enough to get into heaven. You'd have to be perfect, which is humanly impossible. If being good was the standard to get into heaven, then why would Jesus have to die for us if the bad people would go to hell anyways?

Does any of that make sense?(seriously. I'm tired. I may have rambled. XD)

Dawn's Paul

bad hair day...
They can only get into heaven if they believe that Jesus died for their sins and that He is their only access into heaven. "But they believe in God. ;-;" In James it says, "Even the demons believe in God, and shudder." "But they were good people. ;-;" You can never be good enough to get into heaven. You'd have to be perfect, which is humanly impossible. If being good was the standard to get into heaven, then why would Jesus have to die for us if the bad people would go to hell anyways?

Well, yes. In fact, people get this upside down often - you don't have to be good to be saved, you do good BECAUSE you were saved.

crobatman

Well, yes. In fact, people get this upside down often - you don't have to be good to be saved, you do good BECAUSE you were saved.

Amen!!!

That is so right. We do good because Christ chose us. He first did good to us. It is all a matter of following the one who chose us, or the one who made us fall.

Anyway, time for some laughs. We serious too many times...
Check out this guy someone showed me on youtube he is hillarious. Listen to him make Corporate Woship Songs. :) :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYaTSbCGY50

Last edited:
I have a few complaints, a few of you guys are good, but others of you... no :/

I am a Christian FYI.

Some of you guys with "the christian alliance" thing in your sig go prancing around the debate forum and make us all look absolutely retarted :/

One of your userbars says 'The christian alliance club", it's redundant.

Next, please don't go around telling everyone they are 'sinning'.

Please use correct spelling and punctuation at least, it is very much a problem that we are all assumed to be 'uneducated'.

Know where you stand on important issues, and have reasons to back up why you believe so without copy+pasting+rewording someone else's post.

REALLLLLY IMPORTANT: Learn what sarcasm is, and double-check to make sure your detector isn't broken.

Try not to act better than other people, and above all (unless someone specifically asks for it) never post "I'll pray for you" outside of this club.

Have a nice day.

crobatman

You too mr. Mudkip, have a nice day. :)

thanks for the advice, I am sure it will be informative and noted. I think it would be more effective to pm people that you might have a problem with also.

Also, I just made a banner. I hope the size is alright. I was just playing around.

1-05ScrabbleLetters201972.jpg

Last edited:

ArceusOwner

Catch a fallin star
i like the banner crobat and thanx for the advice mudkip and i have no idea who yall r all the ppl that were on here like a year ago (which is when i last got on) rnt on here anymore

WAIT! am i still considered a member here or do i need to rejoin if i do than my apologies

Last edited:

Takuta-Nui

Writer I Am
My goodness, there's an international consensus now? XD

That Mayan calendar was heavily influenced by religious ideals which even a fundamentalist Christian would laugh at. There's no suggestion that anything catastrophic is going to happen in 2012 - and besides, last time I checked, it was impossible to tell the future.

crobatman

Historians don't say that... That is an aztec or mayan belief. Their calendar does not go past 2012 or something.

It is not for us to know when the world will end. Only God knows. However, the bible does say we will know the signs of the time.

Sir Crocodile

Arcanite Reaper HO!
I have a few complaints, a few of you guys are good, but others of you... no :/

I am a Christian FYI.

Some of you guys with "the christian alliance" thing in your sig go prancing around the debate forum and make us all look absolutely retarted :/

Next, please don't go around telling everyone they are 'sinning'.

Try not to act better than other people, and above all (unless someone specifically asks for it) never post "I'll pray for you" outside of this club.

Have a nice day.
Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe you get to come in here and tell us how to act.

I act how God says I should. I enforce what God says should be enforced. And I don't care if the angry atheists in the debate forum think less of me for it.

You don't get to suppress our beliefs. You don't get to say we can't preach because you don't like it. And you certainly don't get to call yourself a Christian if you care more about what atheists think about you than what God thinks about you.

ArceusOwner

Catch a fallin star
:( um i feel ignored nobadys answering my question: Can i rejoin?

crobatman

^ I guess you never stopped being in our club. You do not have to re-join. Just try to be a little active :) So, what would you like to discuss?

Sir Croc, I tried to ignore the post from Mr. Mudkip.... but that was my same thoughts.

Last edited:

ArceusOwner

Catch a fallin star
thankssssss i had a very busy summer, and i can get on on my phone so i will be able to get on a lot
and the Aztecs have a legend where a cataclysmic event in the year 2012 they have believed this for ages....... it may be Mayan though
and on the aliens, there is no reason to believ that they aren't real. Because God doesnt have to tell us everything if he doesnt wanna........ i just dont think that they would be hostile.....
theres my thoughts on everything

Manaphyman

Up all night
Wow, this has turned into a very hostile place in my absence. No, I am not rejoining. No, I am not flamming, I have a question for you all.

Here's the catch though. It's not for me. I think this is something you guys should ponder, as I have these past 10 months of absolute hell.

If God really loves us so much, why does he let us suffer? Why do those who suffer horribly now continue to suffer throughout life?

I guess I 'may' check back to see your answers, because I am quite curious to read them. Other than that, I really dont want much to do with this place.

Status
Not open for further replies.