• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Christian Alliance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe you get to come in here and tell us how to act.
I forgive you :D
I act how God says I should. I enforce what God says should be enforced. And I don't care if the angry atheists in the debate forum think less of me for it.
So running around taking thinks like 12/20/2012 seriously and not knowing what the LHC is is a good thing to have christians associated with? I didn't say keep out, I said if you venture there, be knowledgeable on the subject at hand.
You don't get to suppress our beliefs. You don't get to say we can't preach because you don't like it. And you certainly don't get to call yourself a Christian if you care more about what atheists think about you than what God thinks about you.

You sir, are an idiot. You managed to misinterpret everything I said. If we (as afforemented) are mainly rep'd in the debate forum by idiots, we are all considered idiots, and that doesn't make conversion very effective. I'm sure Babylon would love that.

When did I 'surpress' your beliefs?
When did I say I don't like preaching?
How did I at all imply that how atheists view us is the most important thing in the world?

I'm also pretty sure God hasn't asked us to act like fools in serious discussions.

@crobatman: If those were your thoughts, then why the hell did you not make them known to me? Say what you mean, it's more effective in every area of life, and no one can bring it back up to contradict whatever you say.

Last thing: Sir Crocodile, It's people like you who make other dislike religion. You're sig is a disgrace. It just begs for people to pull the "exclusive and intolerant" card on you. And you can't say I'm not a Christian either.

Manaphyman

Up all night
*Sigh* Mr. Mudkip, just give up. They're so hostile in here, and they wont listen to a thing you say/said. I agree with you 100% on essentially everything you wrote, but in here, its just not worth it.

*high fives for the sig comment*

And now, for my question:

Perhaps a pm respne would be better, but I want an explanation of why you guys feel the need to act self-righteous around the rest of the forums when it is explicitly stated in the bible not to act as such?

crobatman

@crobatman: If those were your thoughts, then why the hell did you not make them known to me? Say what you mean, it's more effective in every area of life, and no one can bring it back up to contradict whatever you say.

I really did not know what to think. I just have not been feeling confrontational lately, if you know what i mean. However, thanks for pointing out some issues we face on the internet. I felt like ignoring the post, but I really could not. I think we can learn from what Mr. Mudkip is saying.

Look in the perspective of those you are arguing with. Our beliefs must seem ridiculous to others, especially those raised outside of a Christian setting. I look at Hindu beliefs and wonder how people can be so decieved to believe them, and then I am reminded I am really just as bad as a Hindu, Atheist, or whatever. I learned that arguing with people over their beliefs is not the best way to witness anyway.

However, the bible does say. To "give an answer of the hope that is within you" DEFEND your beliefs with the armor that God gives you.

Thanks for your post Mr. Mudkip and Sir Crocodile.

ChosenOne, please post the notes from the sermon. It might do us some good to read what it was about. My pastor preached on Acts 14, about the crippled man and Paul and Barnabas.

Last edited:

Sir Crocodile

Arcanite Reaper HO!
Alright, that’s enough of that. I’d say my sword is sufficiently sharpened.

To start, I’d like everyone to know that I plan on going into the political world upon graduation from college. And, as such, I’m going to need support from the many. I do not care who the votes come from, I simply care that they are headed in my direction. To do this, I need to connect with the people. Be as one of them.

The entire time that I’ve been part of this Alliance has been, I admit with a drop of pride, an experiment. I cannot truly claim that I am a Christian, at least not outside of the anonymity of the internet. The anonymous world here provided me with a useful sandbox in which to play, to test my skills of deception. And I must say that I believe I did quite a good job. My true feeling toward the Christian faith and to religion in general is more or less apathetic. I am an atheist myself but would gladly take on the role of Christian if it lands me support. A friend has told me, and I suppose it sums things up quite nicely, that my religion is that of power.

It is with this that I announce, quite obviously, my resignation from the Christian Alliance. I think we all know that this charade could go on forever if I needed it to. But it doesn’t. I apologize to you who feel offended, or betrayed, but this was a necessary step on the road that I’ve chosen. I wish you the best of luck in the practice of your faith.

And I bid you goodbye.

morefirepokemon

Fire Master
It is with this that I announce, quite obviously, my resignation from the Christian Alliance. I think we all know that this charade could go on forever if I needed it to. But it doesn’t. I apologize to you who feel offended, or betrayed, but this was a necessary step on the road that I’ve chosen. I wish you the best of luck in the practice of your faith.

You may say your sorry, but I have to say this: Decieving people is never necessary--ever. Its really sad that you think to be in the political world you have to fool people, and change who you are to get votes. It's people like you who destroy the political world because they will lie about issues just to get elected.
Eventually, I hope you get right with God, but for now, I guess, you don't much care about that.

crobatman

I feel less trusting of people on the internet everyday...

Anyway, I hate e-drama. <--I just learned that word yesterday.

So, here is some scripture I would like to share that may be good for us to actually read, understand, and apply.
James Chapter 4
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?book_id=66&chapter=4&version=31

Reading it in the NIV is a humbling experience. If you want to know what humility is, then I suggest you read this passage. If you have ever judged someone, then I suggest you read this. If you want to know why people have pointless wars and battles, then I suggest you read this. This passage kind of gave me goosebumps when it was preached on at our church tonight. I think God wanted me to hear it, and share it. And you will not see me write that very often. It further reminds me of God's gift to me while I was yet a sinner. I am no different from any of you other sinners. The only thing I have is my salvation, the forgiveness that only comes from our Redeemer.

Pikawho?

(five15)
Nice passage, Crobatman. One of my pastors used this in a class before the actual meeting. He pretty much covered what you said.

No comment on what's going on with Mr. Mudkip's argument. It wasn't directed towards me anyways, and I don't have anything to say that would be useful.

Sir Crocodile, I applaud you for your little act. You had me fooled. I thought you were a genuine Christisn, but I guess you've just "sharpened" your skill of decieving people into believing that you're one thing. It's been nice knowing you. And I do hope that one day that you will come to know God the same way we do.

Now how do you guys feel about your religious empire built around that fool? (among others) It really deystroys some of your trust of this place.
It changes your views of internet religion, doesn't it. To anyone who thought I wasn't genuine, ha. hahaha.

Last edited:

Ethan

Banned
Yes, a great way to start your young and vibrant political career, by convincing other people on a pokemon forum that your a Christian when your actually something else. :eek:

I wonder how much brain power that took. I mean at least a whole 3 wats. We've been bamboozled ladies and gentlemen. Hoodwinked.

How incredibly cunning.

http://www.pointblue.net/x100/megaroll.jpg

Not really something to fret over, or talk about "building around a religious empire."

crobatman

Hahaha indeed, It has not destroyed much trust in this place becuase there never was much trust built on it. This is not a church, but a club, a social network built of people of not one faith, but many different beliefs.
I still trust the friends I have made in this place more than any others in this forum. How is that? Well, their words are backed up with their works. It is all about Faith.
We take anyone as a member here by faith. the choices these people make are between them and God. I am not going to judge anyone.
New Topic:
How can we just fellowship more here? That is the main reason I joined this club! I wanted to get to know the other Christians that were part of Serebii, and know that I was not alone here. What do you normally talk about with your Christian friends? I talk about baseball, marvel comics, tv shows, new movies, my job, creation vs. evolution, gas prices, college, animals, and the bible!

I hate thinking that every politician is a cold hearted liar. I understand that sometimes in order to make a difference in a positive way, they have to make bold choices and suffer the consequences to your ego. Politicians have to be strong people. Unfortunately, lying shows cowardice and a lack of true prowess in ability. If you're an athiest, why even focus on religion. If you were a Christian, you could use that as a basis for your morality, but if you're not, go with something else and maybe have some respect for the people who put you in a position of power and prosperity. I dunno, I don't mind if you're Athiest, or mind any of your other beliefs or views, but please don't try to take advantage of people.

Manaphyman

Up all night
God willing he never runs our country. Nice owenage Babylon.

And with him gone, I'd like to rejoin until I leave in November. My faith's been eluding me lately, and I wll do anything to get it back.

EDIT: And guys, I want to be a politician too. I havent decieved anyone as of yet. I'm just more social...and if I were to run right now, I'd probably get 10,000 votes from my city. But come on...lying on a pokemon internet forum? What a loser.

Last edited:

Pikawho?

(five15)
You're back in. Just don't blow up at us like last time. We'll try not to start any really heated discussion.

I'd like everyone to answer Crobatman's topic.

How can we just fellowship more here?

Focus alot more on Christian things and how God has worked in someone's life recently. Come up with good topics for discussion and actual discuss them.

How do I normally talk around my Christian friends?

Depending on who it is/context: Sports, anime/manga, Pokemon, video-games(not as much anymore, though.), my part-time job, movies, joking about gas-prices lol, how their life is going, how God has met them lately, the Bible(what they read that morning), and school. :3

Manaphyman

Up all night
I have more important thigns to do than blow up at people on the internet. ;]

First and foremost, lets agree not to discuss denominations. I think spirited discussion is good, arguing, is not. So lets say we aer all entitled to our opinions, and that we respectfully disagree. Good topics and make your the thrtead doesnt 'die.'

Good to have you back manaphyman, and I agree completely with your opinion on denominations. It's one of my biggest pet-peeves when someone asks me what religion I belong to (to which I respond Christian), and then they respond saying their "religion" is Baptist or Catholic, which are denominations of Christianity. It really just separates us because the differences in belief aren't that enormous. Instead we should focus on learning how to live according to what is said in the Bible, worship, and fellowship.

crobatman

see, that is just a problem I have because I really can not accept that all Christian beliefs are generally the same. There are some big differences out there. Please do not take me wrong here. I say I am a baptist because I am proud to be a baptist. I was brought up in it, I know a lot of its history, and I know what I believe and why. But being a baptist is nothing compared to following Christ! That is why I put in my user title Saved Sinner. I am still a sinner, but I have the gift of salvation. One man at our church said he was not even worthy to be called a Christian because Christian literally means "Christ-like." Look at yourself and see how close we are to Christ. Not very...:)
Arcanumghost, I agree, It is one of my peeves too because I can not bring myself to say that I am following a "religion." Why? Becuase it is Jesus I follow, and He is Truth!
"Religion" is the way of the world in my opinion.

Manaphyman, please do not be discouraged by that example of Sir Crocodile. Follow your dreams and passions!!!

I know that we respectfully agree to disagree on some issues, but we still find things that we can all agree on.

EDIT: LOl! I just noticed I had a new rank! I wonder when I got it...
EDIT2: Check out the project I am trying with the Muslims United Club. It is my latest posts there. What do you guys think? I was going to tell them it was for our teen sunday school class, but I did not know if they knew what Sunday School was. here is a link to my last post there: http://serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=8748425&postcount=188

Last edited:

Manaphy Mare

1000 Words
I'm bAAAAAAAaaaaack. lol

I've mised you all soooooooo much! Sorry I haven't been here in so long, I've been busy in the RPG forum.

When it comes to our denominations:

Focus on the similarities, not the differences.

*Sees Manaphyman*
I have missed you sooooooooooo much.
*Gives big hug*

Manaphyman

Up all night
Yay, its nice to feel welcomened.

Thanks Crobatman, examples like Sir Croc want me to get out into the world even more to prevent people like him from damaging it. I want to be a politician not for the power, but to change the world.

morefirepokemon

Fire Master
I know eventually you'll be gone, but its really good to see you back Manaphyman.
When it comes to our denominations:

Focus on the similarities, not the differences.
Perfectly stated. I hate it when people ask my denomination because I'm nondenominational.
Also, I think Pikawho? had the right idea with the better and more relavant topics

Status
Not open for further replies.