• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Christmas SPAM! (NU HO)

Aquadon

TCG Trainer
I agree, Wish support would be great, but unfortunatly I don't think anything gets it. If Stantler does then Wish>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Bounce as it also goes along with Christmas, but I don't think so...

I honestly thought Stantler would've gotten it too. You know who DOES get it though? Jynx of all Pokemon! Unfortunately I don't think you want to give Jynx Wish, as it probably won't be healing all that much, and you have 4 better moves to run with.

Barbeller

Scatter Brained
I honestly thought Stantler would've gotten it too. You know who DOES get it though? Jynx of all Pokemon! Unfortunately I don't think you want to give Jynx Wish, as it probably won't be healing all that much, and you have 4 better moves to run with.

I might be able to replace it with girafarig (i asssume it's NU), but that would sorta be loosing the theme of the team. Or I could make Jynx the lead and Stantler a CM sweeper...

Phoenix_85x

Phantom Gengar
I might be able to replace it with girafarig (i asssume it's NU), but that would sorta be loosing the theme of the team. Or I could make Jynx the lead and Stantler a CM sweeper...

Jynx has better offense and speed than Stantler. And Jynx can also abuse STAB blizzard.
Stantler only works good as a support pokemon (And dual screens is awesome support).

3.14kachu

2.72pic √(-1)nventor
I'm surprised at how seriously everyone is taking this team. You have awful fire and fighting weaknesses, an electric weakness with no counters but Snover, and Jynx is the only pokemon actually capable of dealing damage to anything. I mean, come on! Delibird as your Rapid Spinner? It gets severely crippled just in switching in to clear the rocks!

NU doesn't just mean pokemon that suck! You could be using Quagsire, Eviolite Rhydon, Gurdurr, Machoke, and Magneton, Manectric, and even Moltres, but you choose DELIBIRD?

I'm sorry that I sound so harsh. It just saddens me to see how much of a joke the once-respectable NU tier has become.

Phoenix_85x

Phantom Gengar
3.14Kachu, Delibird is in the team because it is very christmas themed.
I am sure that this team was made just for fun, since i wouldn't expect a delibird to be used as an offensive pokemon (a support or stall one would work better i guess).

destructo

Are you planning to use this team against other christmas-themed teams or is this an actual competitive team?

Barbeller

Scatter Brained
I'm surprised at how seriously everyone is taking this team. You have awful fire and fighting weaknesses, an electric weakness with no counters but Snover, and Jynx is the only pokemon actually capable of dealing damage to anything. I mean, come on! Delibird as your Rapid Spinner? It gets severely crippled just in switching in to clear the rocks!

NU doesn't just mean pokemon that suck! You could be using Quagsire, Eviolite Rhydon, Gurdurr, Machoke, and Magneton, Manectric, and even Moltres, but you choose DELIBIRD?

I'm sorry that I sound so harsh. It just saddens me to see how much of a joke the once-respectable NU tier has become.
LOL!! I'm sorry but it's clear you cannot read.

Plus Altaria takes fighting and fire, sets up on electrics then lols at them with EQ. Jynx of all of them is actually the weak link. Altaria and Klinklang do most of the sweeping tbh, Jynx is there for blizspam. And now Lovely Kiss.

NU is a joke because it's new, I'm trying to harness that for as long as possible.
3.14Kachu, Delibird is in the team because it is very christmas themed.
I am sure that this team was made just for fun, since i wouldn't expect a delibird to be used as an offensive pokemon (a support or stall one would work better i guess).
It's just funneh to sweep people with the deli.
Are you planning to use this team against other christmas-themed teams or is this an actual competitive team?
I'm trying to see how high I can ladder.

TrollFreak

Pit is Awesome :P
Manectric, and even Moltres

Both are RU, and its a CHIRSTMAS based team, how in hell does ugly fight mons fit in a christmas theme

its a theme team, which usually do suck, but i like the concept behind it, now everyone calm down

Phoenix_85x

Phantom Gengar
Just a random idea, but why not add Banette somewhere?
Banette is terrible in battles but matches a Christmas theme since it is a doll/toy/marionette/doomed thing.

If you have the dream world banette given through the event, then it matches even more since it has cotton guard, and that is the closest thing to toy stuffing :)

You could give it these moves:

Cotton guard (for toy stuffing)
Shadow sneak (So that it can sneak into Santa's factory)
Curse (So that it can make the toys accursed)
Faint attack (it needs to disappear fast if someone finds it)

TrollFreak

Pit is Awesome :P
ok, i know that is Christmas themed and all, but thats horrible, that really is. maybe battling your friends irl yes, but on the internet, prob smogon, wtf would you do w/ a bannete w/ that set?

Barbeller

Scatter Brained
Just a random idea, but why not add Banette somewhere?
Banette is terrible in battles but matches a Christmas theme since it is a doll/toy/marionette/doomed thing.

If you have the dream world banette given through the event, then it matches even more since it has cotton guard, and that is the closest thing to toy stuffing :)

You could give it these moves:

Cotton guard (for toy stuffing)
Shadow sneak (So that it can sneak into Santa's factory)
Curse (So that it can make the toys accursed)
Faint attack (it needs to disappear fast if someone finds it)
I never saw Banette as a Marionette tbh, and it's a bit too weak anyway...

Phoenix_85x

Phantom Gengar
ok, i know that is Christmas themed and all, but thats horrible, that really is. maybe battling your friends irl yes, but on the internet, prob smogon, wtf would you do w/ a bannete w/ that set?

Those where just examples on some Christmas themed moves.
But even then, Banette isn't nearly as Christmas themed as the rest of the team and i would never use a banette either (but i once saw a video where a cotton guard/curse/leftovers banette was able to defeat a ninjask and scizor.)

I never saw Banette as a Marionette tbh, and it's a bit too weak anyway...

Banette rhymes with marionette (the same way shuppet rhymes with puppet).
And i just realized that it wouldn't be a good idea to switch anything from your team except for delibird against banette but delibird is needed for rapid spinning.

What about Articuno, Glalie, Glaceon, Beartic, Cryogonal, Dewgon and Lapras? All of these are ice types, can be Christmas themed in a way or two and has good stats.
I was going to recommend amoonguss or Zweilous too since they are very good in their own ways but they are even less Christmas themed than what Banette is.

Ioneos

old geezer
I'm sorry, but is there a reason for Forewarn on Jynx? I personally think Dry Skin is an amazing ability on her, as you can add a Water Immunity to her arsenal. Also, any thought about a Choice Band Bird as opposed to Spec'd? Hustle does wonders although it does also make Delibird's Spin 80%. I guess my only other thought would be Wish Support for Delibird if it is a spinner, as it has to take 50% Damage coming into Rocks.

The sole reason I wouldn't use Dry Skin is fire weakness. Other tham that, I think dry skin would be superior.

If you do plan on using Altaria, then you might want to try this set:

Altaria@Leftovers/Yache Berry
*insert ability here*
-Cotton Guard
-Dragon Dance
-Dragon Claw
-Offensive filler (Earthquake)
252 HP, 88 Def, 168 S. Def

Basically, freeze a physicall sweeper or something, then switch this baby in. Cotton Guard a few times, then Dance up. I let one of these set up once. Never again. True, it requires a lot of luck, skill, and prediction, but once you get even one Cotton Guard and Dragon Dance in, you're nearly unstoppable.

Barbeller

Scatter Brained
Those where just examples on some Christmas themed moves.
But even then, Banette isn't nearly as Christmas themed as the rest of the team and i would never use a banette either (but i once saw a video where a cotton guard/curse/leftovers banette was able to defeat a ninjask and scizor.)

Banette rhymes with marionette (the same way shuppet rhymes with puppet).
And i just realized that it wouldn't be a good idea to switch anything from your team except for delibird against banette but delibird is needed for rapid spinning.

What about Articuno, Glalie, Glaceon, Beartic, Cryogonal, Dewgon and Lapras? All of these are ice types, can be Christmas themed in a way or two and has good stats.
I was going to recommend amoonguss or Zweilous too since they are very good in their own ways but they are even less Christmas themed than what Banette is.
I might test around with some of those physical sweepers > jynx, so as to make it more HOish.
The sole reason I wouldn't use Dry Skin is fire weakness. Other tham that, I think dry skin would be superior.

If you do plan on using Altaria, then you might want to try this set:

Altaria@Leftovers/Yache Berry
*insert ability here*
-Cotton Guard
-Dragon Dance
-Dragon Claw
-Offensive filler (Earthquake)
252 HP, 88 Def, 168 S. Def

Basically, freeze a physicall sweeper or something, then switch this baby in. Cotton Guard a few times, then Dance up. I let one of these set up once. Never again. True, it requires a lot of luck, skill, and prediction, but once you get even one Cotton Guard and Dragon Dance in, you're nearly unstoppable.
Roost > Cotton Guard imo, seeung as setting up defences without a recovery move is stupid.

Ioneos

old geezer
True, roost is pretty much superior, but Cotton Guard maxes your Def. in just 2 turns, where Roost, without any Def or S Def boosts, you'll be healing every or every other turn. Cotton Guard makes you nearly physically invincible. EVs and a +S Def Nature can balance you out. Plus leftovers offers healing, and possibly a baton passed Aqua Ring (although not from this team). There's advantages to both sides, but this one is built on CG.

Barbeller

Scatter Brained
True, roost is pretty much superior, but Cotton Guard maxes your Def. in just 2 turns, where Roost, without any Def or S Def boosts, you'll be healing every or every other turn. Cotton Guard makes you nearly physically invincible. EVs and a +S Def Nature can balance you out. Plus leftovers offers healing, and possibly a baton passed Aqua Ring (although not from this team). There's advantages to both sides, but this one is built on CG.

I guess I'll test around, but probably i wont use it...

Stantler is kind of a crappy dual screener with those defenses. Maybe try some sort of weird mixed attacker? 95/85/85 isn't bad.

Stantler @ Life Orb / Expert Belt
Naive
Intimidate
252 Speed / 252 Attack / 4 Special Attack

Return
Energy Ball
Earthquake
Megahorn

Hits much of NU hard and is actually pretty fast (compared to other Pokemon at least). Megahorn potentially OHKOs Slowking with Hail damage which is cool and it badly damages Tangela. Earthquake takes a huge chunk off Lanturn and fire types (not so much Toarkoal) and can give you a fighting chance against Klingklang and Magnezone. Energy Ball OHKOs Quagsire and does decent damage to Aloamola (2HKOing some of them). Intimidate is a great all-around ability which gives you a fighting chance against Sawk and Klingklang.

Might want some more bulk on Altaria.. fighting types shred your team. Maybe use a level 1 cleffa somewhere? Its a star / present and its amazing in NU since no one really uses ghosts there.

Barbeller

Scatter Brained
Stantler is kind of a crappy dual screener with those defenses. Maybe try some sort of weird mixed attacker? 95/85/85 isn't bad.

Stantler @ Life Orb / Expert Belt
Naive
Intimidate
252 Speed / 252 Attack / 4 Special Attack

Return
Energy Ball
Earthquake
Megahorn

Hits much of NU hard and is actually pretty fast (compared to other Pokemon at least). Megahorn potentially OHKOs Slowking with Hail damage which is cool and it badly damages Tangela. Earthquake takes a huge chunk off Lanturn and fire types (not so much Toarkoal) and can give you a fighting chance against Klingklang and Magnezone. Energy Ball OHKOs Quagsire and does decent damage to Aloamola (2HKOing some of them). Intimidate is a great all-around ability which gives you a fighting chance against Sawk and Klingklang.

Might want some more bulk on Altaria.. fighting types shred your team. Maybe use a level 1 cleffa somewhere? Its a star / present and its amazing in NU since no one really uses ghosts there.
Thanks sooo much for the rate! I can't make the changes now, but I'll go over the rate later and make changes accoordingly.

I sorta overlooked fighting because I doubted there's much of it in NU, seeing as you got to 5th or whatever with an ice mono lol.

I got to #3 but it was mostly luck.

Yeah lol, its pretty much just Sawk and Throh. You do need to look out for things that run strong fighting moves like Braviary, Absol, Magmortar and Pinser. You COULD run sp def Altaria with Roost / DD / Dragon Claw / Cotton Guard if you want. This would kinda work like Dragonite in OU, just a lot worse.

Try Grass Whistle > Mud Slap on Snover. If you want to set up and have a free turn Grass Whistle will do that for you. Its nice when you're against something that will obviously switch, or to remove a Stealth Rocker from play early on.