• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Christmas SPAM! (NU HO)

Barbeller

Scatter Brained
Christmas NU Team had an Epiphany

This team started off as a Christmas team, but seeing as the twelve days of Christmas are over, I decided to make it more serious. If you want, you can rate the old team in the spoiler, it's no longer viable, because Klinklang and Snover are out of NU now.
234.png
459-f.png
124.png
225.png
334.png
601.png

Rosa_the_Stantler_by_Heartofdorkness.jpg

Rudolf (Stantler) (M) @ Expert Belt
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 SAtk
Niave Nature (+Spd, - SDef)
- Energy Ball
- Return
- Earthquake
- Megahorn
Rudolph, who is Santa's Transport leader, leads me. Rudolph has some energy drinks, and he burps them up in the form of Enegy Ball. Return means he can always find his way home. Rudolph liked to think he creates Earthquakes when he lands, but really he doesn't, so he learnt Earthquake to make his dream a reality. Megahorn is so he can clear up Sky Debris. I can sympathise for that one.

snover_whipped_up_a_hailstorm_by_weyard-d47q9ac.png

Tree of Xmas (Snover) (F) @ Eviolite
Trait: Snow Warning
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SAtk / 8 SDef
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Blizzard
- Grass Whistle
Basically BH's set for Snover... Because I cba to make one up myself. Also in the land of eternal christmas there needs to be a christmas tree! Also makes Snowstorms to ward off any sneaky humans anywhere around... Leech Seed is because they make new trees every year, so they need seeds. It also makes the tree have more lonliveity. Protect is to help prevent the hoards of reindeer trampling over the tree. Blizzard is because if all else fails, it needs some protection. Grasswhistle because the Elves like to have tunes going on when they make the toys (helps force switches to let me set up sweepers).

Cleffa_by_BlueLander.gif

Cleffa (M) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Magic Guard
EVs:
Hardy Nature
- Endeavor
- Toxic
- Protect
- Magic Coat
Look at this thing go... Quite harmless, until you anger it, when it turns into an unstoppable beast. It's only Lv. 1, the dear thing. Endeavor means it can KO nearly anything. Toxic because this thing is devious, Protect because it needs some self-defense and Magic Coat to bounce anything it doesn't want back at the foe.

Delibird__with_background__by_Heartofdorkness.jpg

Santas helpr (Delibird) (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Vital Spirit
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Rapid Spin
- Blizzard
- Water Pulse
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
This little guy is the one that puts all the presents on the sley. Very important. Rapid Spin because Santa doesn't like all those little rocks on his seat. Blizzard to keep away anything that wants to stop his job. Water Pulse to clean the dirty chimneys. HP Fight for making sure the reindeer will do their jobs properly, otherwise they get the deli treatment. (This is really a joke, and I basically made it my RS. I'm thinking about making it scarf)

Altaria_by_Xous54.png

Stuffing (Altaria) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Cloud Nine
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Roost
Santa is a poacher. It's true. This is the one bird in the vicinity that Santa hasn't caught. It has Dragon Dance to boost it's speed and attack, so that it can retaliate at Santa and outspeed the fat guy. Earthquake helps keep hunter disorientated (coverage with DC basically) and roost makes sure that he is always at full health for a chase. Cload Nine means it doesn't get hurt by the blizzards that ravage the area.

shiny_klinklang___dw_art_by_muums-d3jkn61.png

Toy Maker (Klinklang) @ Leftovers
Trait: Plus
Naive Nature (+Atk, -SDef)
- Shift Gear
- Return
- Gear Grind
- Hidden Power [Ground]
There needs to be some mechanics in a toy making factory. Now Santa poached this guy from a nearby cave. It very nearly escaped. Shift Gear means that it can speed up its work process. Return means that it can return gears surronding it into their nearby places. Gear Grind it uses all day long to move the gears around. HP Ground means that it can make new gears if need be. (This guy is here to take rock and steel hits which this team is rather weak to, it can also sweep)

264.png
195.png
241.png
368.png
334.png
411.png

Linoone_by_MicaSilverwind.jpg

Linoone (M) @ Sitrus Berry
Trait: Gluttony
EVs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 40 Def / 44 SDef
- Belly Drum
- ExtremeSpeed
- Shadow Claw
- Seed Bomb

I like to lead with this thing. I wanted to keep the style of attacking lead, and this guy seemed fit for the job. Belly Drum can boost me to +6, and with the help of Sitrus Berry and Gluttony I can do so with minor inconvenience. ExtremeSpeed is my main STAB, and it can sweep alone. Shadow Claw is for those pesky ghosts (although there are few in NU) and Seed Bomb is a filler, to be honest. The EVs are because with a priority STAB, you don't really need speed investment. I don't lead with this guy if there's an annoying pokemon like Sawk around.

195__quagsire_by_happycrumble-d2z83ok.png

Quagsire (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Recover
- Scald
- Toxic
- Earthquake

This guy is a god. With a brilliant ability and good walling capabilities, it takes it's place as a threat in all of the tiers. Recover lets me bemuse opponents as they are unable to KO me. Scald takes down annoying sweepers that are still a threat even unboosted. Toxic takes down other walls and Earthquake lets me annoy things that don't feel like dying in quick time.

241___Miltank_by_OneEyedMe.png

Miltank (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sap Sipper
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Careful Nature
- Curse
- Toxic
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide

This is the thing that makes the opponent go, 'really?'. With spectacular synergy with Quagsire, I can force switches and almost garuntee a curse. I can then troll things with Thunder Wave, or attempt to take out as much as possible with Earthquake or Rock Slide. I'm probably going to try and put Rest in over Thunder Wave.

gorebyss_sketch_commish_by_delano_laramie-d3427ud.png

Gorebyss (M) @ White Herb
Trait: Swift Swim
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Shell Smash
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Ice Beam
- Surf

Probably the most threatening pokemon in NU right now. Shell Smash gets +2 on Speed, Sp. Attack and Attack. Sweeping time. Rain Dance doubles my speed again. Ice Beam and Surf are my attacks that will hopefully shred through teams. There's probably a better way of playing it, I'm just not sure what it is.

Altaria_by_Xous54.png

Stuffing (Altaria) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Roost

The only pokemon that managed to keep it's place. Dragon Dance is my boosting move. Dragon Claw is the primary STAB, and Earthquake covers it. Roost restores my HP to get more boosts. It may have lost it's niche as the Cloud Nine user, but it is still a decent sweeper, and it has an above average Sp. Defence to help it.

bastiodon_splat_by_aeonpants-d32ioot.png

Bastiodon (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 76 Def / 180 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Roar
- Stealth Rock
- Body Slam
- Rest

This guy helps me get Stealth Rock up for Linoone, and that's it's primary job. Roar phazes, Body Slam paralyzes ans Rest restores HP. Again, there's probably a better way to do it, I just don't know.

Right, so that's my new team. I honestly don't have a clue what I'm doing, I'll just say it's good and pretend it is. More rates would be appreciated.​

Last edited:

shinytactics14

Stay frosty
really cool,looks like a great team i dont have any thing to add

pikadon92

Raiden Maximus
I don't think delibird works well with Rapid Spin (RS), especially with stealth rock weak. Also, given its item, to rapid spin, you'll have to first switch your delibird in, then have it use it, then finally switch it out. Your oppoment could easily use SR again. I wouls suggest replacing its choice specs with life orb instead. Given its already frail defences, 10% HP lost does not matter.

pikadon92

Raiden Maximus
^But if you do, the team'll be fire-weak. Altaria's resistance means it can take their stab, and its EQ would take care of them.

Twilightphoenix

Elite Trainer
plus altaria has cloud nine which negates hail damage. but in keeping with the spirit of christmas shouldnt delibird have the move present (always a gambel) somewhere, after all that is its signature move (imo). i know it dosen't really do anything but weaken delibird's move set and occasionally heals the opponit, but it really does fit the them.

Barbeller

Scatter Brained
I don't think delibird works well with Rapid Spin (RS), especially with stealth rock weak. Also, given its item, to rapid spin, you'll have to first switch your delibird in, then have it use it, then finally switch it out. Your oppoment could easily use SR again. I wouls suggest replacing its choice specs with life orb instead. Given its already frail defences, 10% HP lost does not matter.
Good point, I think I'll give it LO, it also means Future Sight is alot more viable.
you can try Articuno.
No. WAAAAAAAAAY too SR & fire weak.
Yes, I would replace Altaria with Articuno. Altaria is 4x weak to Ice, which is made more powerful by the Hail, and takes damage from the Hail. Articuno is neutral to Ice and doesn't take damage from Hail.
Cload Nine negates hail, and I don't really worry about the opponents ices.
^But if you do, the team'll be fire-weak. Altaria's resistance means it can take their stab, and its EQ would take care of them.
This.
plus altaria has cloud nine which negates hail damage. but in keeping with the spirit of christmas shouldnt delibird have the move present (always a gambel) somewhere, after all that is its signature move (imo). i know it dosen't really do anything but weaken delibird's move set and occasionally heals the opponit, but it really does fit the them.
I might do two versions of this team. One a mega christmassy one and the other still christmassy but more competitive.

Also, I'm peaking atm with *** Your rank in Standard NU is 338/2125 [1045 points / 8 battles]! Which is stupidly high for what the team is.

*** Your rank in Standard NU is 240/2126 [1062 points / 9 battles]! Even higher...

Last edited:

Aquadon

TCG Trainer
I'm sorry, but is there a reason for Forewarn on Jynx? I personally think Dry Skin is an amazing ability on her, as you can add a Water Immunity to her arsenal. Also, any thought about a Choice Band Bird as opposed to Spec'd? Hustle does wonders although it does also make Delibird's Spin 80%. I guess my only other thought would be Wish Support for Delibird if it is a spinner, as it has to take 50% Damage coming into Rocks.

Barbeller

Scatter Brained
I'm sorry, but is there a reason for Forewarn on Jynx? I personally think Dry Skin is an amazing ability on her, as you can add a Water Immunity to her arsenal. Also, any thought about a Choice Band Bird as opposed to Spec'd? Hustle does wonders although it does also make Delibird's Spin 80%. I guess my only other thought would be Wish Support for Delibird if it is a spinner, as it has to take 50% Damage coming into Rocks.

I've been testing around with Jynx for a while and someone told me to use Dry Skin, so I will be.

Also, I think I prefer blizspam tbh. Although I might troll that set on another NU team, just for trolling purposes.

I'm making my changes now!

Zachmac

Intimidate could be used on Stantler to make Dual Screens easier to set up, and I'd also use Return over Bounce. Besides, bounce waste another round of dual screens.

Also, I'd use Articuno over Delibird. It's better in pretty much every way. Or Crygonal, to be the snowflake and a better rapid spinner.

Last edited:

Barbeller

Scatter Brained
Intimidate could be used on Stantler to make Dual Screens easier to set up, and I'd also use Return over Bounce. Besides, bounce waste another round of dual screens.

Also, I'd use Articuno over Delibird. It's better in pretty much every way. Or Crygonal, to be the snowflake and a better rapid spinner.
I see what you mean, intimidate > frisk. I'm keeping bounce though because reindeer need to fly. It also works well with parashuffling later on.

I might use Crygonal if I dicide to make a more christmasy and a less christmasy one. But Delibird > Arti because of RS.

Aquadon

TCG Trainer
Also, I think I prefer blizspam tbh. Although I might troll that set on another NU team, just for trolling purposes.

Well in that case I'll recommend Water Pulse, or Signal Beam, or ANYTHING over Future Sight. Future Sight just seems like trouble.

Also, as stated before, Wish Support would be LOVELY for a Team like this.

Phoenix_85x

Phantom Gengar
I like this team! It might be kinda weak but aren't NU battles supposed to have weak pokemons? and i don't think you will see stealth rock often in NU. I haven't played any NU battle yet nor i have ever trained a NU pokemon either but i think this team will do well. I have, however, tried blizzardSpam (in pokemon revolution) and it worked extremely well! Even though the freeze chance is low, it might be able to freeze too! Anyway, as long as you have blizzard, you don't need to care about many other moves since blizzard devastates most things that aren't 4x resistant to it.
There are a few things you could change though:

Stantler: Even though stantler needs to fly i still think bounce is useless since with bounce, you will waste turns, and why waste turns when double screens are in effect?
Snover: Snover has very low special attack, so why give him blizzard? i understand mud-slap, but why not give him something like icy-wind, grasswhistle, sheer cold (don't know if it is legal in NU) or substitute?
Delibird: Delibird isn't really designed to be a strong pokemon, so why not use a stall set? it could be toxic, fly, protect, blizzard/rapid spin. This set might not be very Christmas-y but it is slightly good. Another more Christmas-y set could be: rapid spin, blizzard, icy wind, fake out/attract.

Other than that, i think this set is good! Jynx, altaria and klingklang are good sweepers if they can set up! but phazing and hazing can ruin this team, so why not give one of your pokemons taunt?

Barbeller

Scatter Brained
Well in that case I'll recommend Water Pulse, or Signal Beam, or ANYTHING over Future Sight. Future Sight just seems like trouble.

Also, as stated before, Wish Support would be LOVELY for a Team like this.
Tbh I just put in FS for a joke (kinda a joke team...). Will replace it with Taunt (if deli learns it...)

I agree, Wish support would be great, but unfortunatly I don't think anything gets it. If Stantler does then Wish>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Bounce as it also goes along with Christmas, but I don't think so...
I like this team! It might be kinda weak but aren't NU battles supposed to have weak pokemons? and i don't think you will see stealth rock often in NU. I haven't played any NU battle yet nor i have ever trained a NU pokemon either but i think this team will do well. I have, however, tried blizzardSpam (in pokemon revolution) and it worked extremely well! Even though the freeze chance is low, it might be able to freeze too! Anyway, as long as you have blizzard, you don't need to care about many other moves since blizzard devastates most things that aren't 4x resistant to it.
There are a few things you could change though:

Stantler: Even though stantler needs to fly i still think bounce is useless since with bounce, you will waste turns, and why waste turns when double screens are in effect?
Snover: Snover has very low special attack, so why give him blizzard? i understand mud-slap, but why not give him something like icy-wind, grasswhistle, sheer cold (don't know if it is legal in NU) or substitute?
Delibird: Delibird isn't really designed to be a strong pokemon, so why not use a stall set? it could be toxic, fly, protect, blizzard/rapid spin. This set might not be very Christmas-y but it is slightly good. Another more Christmas-y set could be: rapid spin, blizzard, icy wind, fake out/attract.

Other than that, i think this set is good! Jynx, altaria and klingklang are good sweepers if they can set up! but phazing and hazing can ruin this team, so why not give one of your pokemons taunt?
I've already decided that I'm making a more christmasy one and a less, but this one is the more christmasy team. So Stantler has Bounce. It's also somewhat nice to parashuffle the opponent's team.

Now you say, I might consider GrassWhistle to help me set up. I'll try around with it.

Honestly, Delibird is actually suprisingly mediocre. LO boosts the Sp.Atk enough to be powerful enough to get nice STABs, and it is funneh when you embarass people by KOing them with Delibird.