1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Christmas Thread

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Discussion' started by JD, Nov 2, 2012.

1. JD

JD .

Is it to early for this thread? I don't know.. but since stores are starting to advertise Christmas stuff I guess not. Anyway here's my list for this year I'm not really sure what I want.. but this is what I've came up with.

Wii U
    New Super Mario Bros U.
    Pre-paid credit card/gift card

Meh I don't know what else I want I'll probably ask for clothes and maybe another game for the 3DS or Ps3 and what not it's going to be tough with Hurricane Sandy even though my town wasn't really damaged besides a power outage.

2. Floette

Floette Fennekin

I don't think it is too early.. Merry Christmas! Christmas should be nice this year.. I am excited. Michael Buble just came out with a new Christmas album, which is amazing. I am probably going to ask for some random things, not too much.

3. Calamity™

Calamity™ aka Lamia

I guess it's not too early seeing as people are already preparing and there are Christmas deals going on everywhere. I've only recently come up with the realisation that I hate Christmas, and so I'm not asking for anything.

4. Rezzo

Rezzo Donkey Kong is here

My parents are sweet. They still want to get me stuff for Christmas, but at the age of 19, you really do start to feel like you should be the one getting them gifts. But during these recessions and depressions and double dips and things, I guess I should be reaping the most out of everything.

5. Zibdas

Zibdas not bad

I've been getting my parents gifts for years now, and I'm quite a bit younger than you. Fo' shame.

6. Rezzo

Rezzo Donkey Kong is here

;~;

I should get a job.

7. Armando Payne

Armando Payne Well-Known Member

SON OF A *****, it's November, it's bloody November, do you start to celebrate Independence day in May? Do you celebrate Easter in March? Nay, so yeah it is too early, or maybe I'm the only one here who realizes the date in which Christmas is on.

8. Zazie

Zazie So 1991

I know Christmas is January 7th too. This thread is 2 months too early.

9. Argon Wartortle

Argon Wartortle Farewell, SPPF...

First, no need to get so angry just because people want to get in the holiday spirit before December. Also, I celebrate Easter in March sometimes. It can fall anywhere between 27th March and 28th April. At least something like that.

Anyway, I love the idea of a Christmas thread atm. I have my list written already.

10. Flame Mistress

Flame Mistress Well-Known Member

What I really want for Christmas are:
    - the Limited Edition Pikachu 3DS XD
    - Pokémon Dream Radar (seeing as the Pikachu 3DS XL doesn't seem to come pre-equipped with it)
    - Either New Super Mario Bros. 2, New Art Academy, or somrthing like that
    - I guess some books would be nice, too...

I think that's asking for a bit too much, though. =p

11. Vernikova

Vernikova Champion

This thread is offensive to those number people who don't call Christmas "Christmas." I demand it be changed to the "December Holidays thread" to accommodate that undefined number of people.

12. Kutie Pie

Kutie Pie 桜咲くこの坂を今も上っている

It's funny, I went with my grandparents on... Wednesday, I believe to Wal-Mart, and they had a Christmas section in the back.

Anyway, I have a list made out, but then my parents made a joke (maybe half-serious in the least) on how we kids don't give them anything. Well, I never know what to give my parents, if I do come up with something, then I give it to them.

So anyway, this is my list:

• Higurashi When They Cry Demon Exposing Arc vol. 1
    • Higurashi When They Cry Massacre Arc vol. 2
    • Wii Party
    • Pokémon White
    • The Girl Who Leapt Through Time DVD
    • Evanescence (2011 album)

It's not much, but it's about the amount of gifts I get every year (almost down to a "T" on what the formula is for gifts to the older kids), so I'm content.

13. ebevan91

ebevan91 Well-Known Member

But then it'll be offensive to the people who call Christmas "Christmas".

14. Kutie Pie

Kutie Pie 桜咲くこの坂を今も上っている

Exactly what I was thinking.

Let's just call it "The Christmas Holiday Thread" and everyone will be happy.

15. Flame Mistress

Flame Mistress Well-Known Member

Maybe not offended, but people will nevertheless pick on the fact that it's called "December Holidays Thread" instead of "Christmas Thread". You can't please everyone.

16. ebevan91

ebevan91 Well-Known Member

Then please the majority?

17. Savanny Killersaurus

Savanny Killersaurus In Another Castle

I can't wait for Christmas! Lots of food!
    My current list is:
    Nintendo 3DS (my BIG gift that I get to choose each year)
    New pajamas
    Winter clothes (sweaters, new jeans, etc.)

That's it so far...

18. JennaJayfeather

JennaJayfeather jflkdjkfgjafgaf

I remember in High School when the Christmas tree was called a Holiday Tree for that same reason. The worst part was people became furious if you called it a Christmas tree.

Anyway, regarding Christmas I don't have my list yet. XDD;

19. Pesky Persian

Pesky Persian Caffeine Queen

I don't have a list because I'm not really getting traditional gifts this year. My mom offered to pay for one of my boyfriend's plane tickets for December instead of buying me actual gifts so I took her up on that. I'm happy with that because I'd much rather be able to spend time with him than get a bunch of things I don't really need anyway. And I opted out of the name draw for my extended family because I wasn't given enough time to figure out if I'd have the funds to be able to afford it this year (we always draw names on [American] Thanksgiving, but my aunt decided we were going to do it two weeks ago instead), but again, there's really not anything that I have to have so no big deal.