• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Christmas Video Games

Xaby

SW-3553-0104-8530
It's December, and you know what that means?

Hazelnut coffee.

Well, okay other than that, for us nerds gamers, it also means video games. Things are usually chill this time of the year so we usually play around during the Christmas season. What games do you usually connect with Christmas? You know, the game that when mentioned or passes by your mind, you tend to connect with this season.

For me, two games that I automatically connect with Christmas is SkiFree and Stronghold.

SkiFree is obvious. Skiing down a snowy slope, setting trees on fire and evading a man-eating yeti. A wintery classic.

Stronghold for me in particular because one of the game's easter egg is greeting you differently on the main menu when you play it on December 25. I will not forget the first time I fired it up on Christmas and was greeted by "Merry Christmas, my liege." Because of that it's been a personal tradition of mine to play Stronghold every year on Christmas.

How about you guys? What are your Christmas or winter video games?

pacman000

On a quest to be the best...

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Batman Arkham Origins. Gameplay needs work but it easily has the best plot out of all the Arkham games.

pacman000

On a quest to be the best...
I always liked the winter levels of Crash Bandicoot 2. That reflective ice was really impressive on the PS1.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Stardew Valley is a nice Christmas/holiday game.

Same goes with Animal Crossing.

Mario Maker 1 and 2 are as well, in regards to Christmas/holiday themed levels.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Cave Story+ changes graphics for certain holidays. Christmas has holiday lights everywhere and I think one of the large enemies get red noses and antlers. The main character gets a Santa hat.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
How the Saints saved Christmas will always be a classic. I wasn't a fan of the direction the game took but the DLC sure was fun