• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Christmas Wishes (A Neopets One-Shot; Rated G)

Paint_Palette

Zephyr Trainer
Just an early Christmas/Hanukka/Kwanzaa/or any other winter holiday present to everyone. Comments and crit appreciated!

Christmas Wishes
By Brandon aka Paint

A large red Kougra dressed in large boots, snow pants, and a leather vest stepped out from his front door. A small blue baby Kougra followed behind his father. Outside it had been icy cold.

The large Kougra looked around, the land was covered in a blanket of snow, and the trees were bare. The leaves had convieniently been blown away by the wind. The little Kougra noticed that he could see his own breath.

"Yep," the large one said, "It's that time of year again." The little Kougra stared up ay his father curiously. His father stepped back inside, the blue Kougra followed.

What was he talking about? What does he mean, 'It's that time of year again'? These questions buzzed around the baby Kougra's head. He slowly walked up the stairs still thinking about what his dad said. He walked past his sister's room, a small red Kougra was talking on the phone.

"I totally can't wait for Christmas this year, it's gonna be so much fun!" his sister said excitedly. The little blue Kougra stepped into her room, noticing December twenty-fifth circled on his sister's calendar.

Christmas, he thought, is that what Dad meant? And did it have something to do with the twenty-fifth of December?

He walked out of his room, and into the room right next door, his room. Puffy clouds were painted on the blue wall, making the room feel comforting, and cozy. He laid down on his bed, looking up at the cieling. He had never heard of this 'Christmas'. He had felt like a lot had happened before he was born into this world the year before. He felt small, like he was the only Neopet in all of Neopia that didn't know what Christmas was.

His mother had walked into the room, a yellow Kougra who was carrying a laundry basket full of clothes. "I'm picking up all the dirty laundry, got any?" she asked.

"Yeah," he said in a small voice. He got out of his bed and picked up a pile of clothes and dropped it into the basket.

"Thanks B," his mother said. B was short for Brennan, but he didn't particularly like the name 'Brennan', so everyone called him B. She walked out of the room.

"Wait," B said, his mother reentered the room, "What's Christmas?" His mother sat down next to him on his bed.

"Christmas is a time of year when we celebrate love, family, and the birth of our creator," she explained.

"And don't forget presents!" a green Kougra shouted.

"Kenny, please don't" she told him in a firm voice. Kenny, B's older brother, entered the room. B looked up at his mother, confused. "Many Neopets celebrate Christmas by giving gifts to everyone," she said.

"So it's like my birthday? I get a lot of presents?" B asked, his mother nodded. "I like this holiday," he said cheerfully.

"And the best presents are given away by Santa Claus!" his sister exclaimed, she entered the room.

"Oh come on," Kenny replied, "You still believe in Santa, Scarlet?"

"You just don't believe in Santa 'cause all you get every year is a lump of coal!" Scarlet snapped back. Kenny scowled. Scarlet was the middle child, older than B, younger than Kenny.

"Don't listen to her," Kenny told B, "It's all just lies."

"No," Scarlet said to B, "He's the one that's lying." B looked up at his mother, hoping that she would explain all of this.

"Santa Claus is a man which comes through the chimney on Christmas Eve at night and leaves presents under the Christmas tree," she tried to explain, "Some people don't believe he exists."

"Do you?" B asked her.

"Well, I'm not quite sure, actually," his mother replied. "Well, I have laundry to do." She walked out of the room carrying the laundry basket. Kenny followed.

"So, what are you gonna wish for?" Scarlet asked B. B looked at her with a confused face. "Sometimes, when you make a wish, and send it to Santa, he might grant it for you!" A smile lit up B's face.

"What are you gonna wish for?" he asked.

"I dunno," Scarlet replied. She walked out of the room. B followed. He walked down the stairs, and into the family room. He noticed a large, cone shaped tree being decorated with colorful lights and ornaments. He saw his father add a small Faerie Kougra statue on top. It was then that B knew what he wanted to wish for. He ran upstairs to his room.

Meanwhile, Kenny and Scarlet were arguing. "Please, Scarlet," Kenny said, "You can't possibly still believe in Santa! It's just our parents sneaking presents under the tree on Christmas Eve."

"It can't be our parents, I'm a light sleeper, I'd wake up if they went past my room!" Scarlet debated.

"Yeah right," Kenny said under his breath.

"Didn't you ever have any wishes when you were little?" Scarlet asked.

"Well, yeah," he replied, "Maybe I did have one wish that my Puppyblew would come home, but that's not important now."

"And you probably didn't get your wish because you were naughty that year," Scarlet said.

"Okay, let's settle this with a bet," Kenny said, changing the subject, "We'll stay up all night tonight to see if Santa comes or not, whoever's right gets all the other person's candy in their stocking."

"Deal," Scarlet agreed.

"Oh, and remember, I don't like the candy with almonds," Kenny said.

Later that evening, Scarlet stepped into B's room to see him sitting at his table with a piece of paper and a pencil. He had a desk lamp on.

"What are you doing?" she asked.

"I'm writing a letter to Santa, but all I've learned in NeoKindergarten is how to write my name," he said.

"Well that's one letter down: B," Scarlet giggled, "How about you tell me what to write, and I'll write it for you."

"Okay," he said. Scarlet sat at the table. "Dear Santa, all I ask for Christmas is a Faerie Paint Brush, so if I could get it, I'd be really really really really really thankful."

"How about only one 'really'? 'Kay?" Scarlet said.

"Okay," B replied. Scarlet wrote down a few extra things, and rolled the paper up. She then put it in a glass bottle and sat it outside. "I have a question: What does Santa Claus look like?"

"No one really knows," Scarlet explained. "No one has ever seen him, but Kenny and I are gonna stay up all night so we can see Santa. And once we do, I'll tell you all about it." B smiled.

"Now it's time for bed," Scarlet said, "You don't wanna be tired for Christmas tomorrow!" B jumped into bed, Scarlet turned off the lights and closed B's bedroom door. "Goodnight."

Scarlet went to her room and grabbed a sleeping bag. She went downstairs and found Kenny, by the tree. Scarlet spread out her sleeping bag next to the tree.

"What took you so long?" Kenny asked.

"I was tucking in B," Scarlet replied.

"So all we have to do is try to stay awake," Kenny said. Scarlet agreed. They sat there, waiting, and waiting, and waiting. "How long has it been?" Kenny finally asked.

Scarlet yawned and looked at her watch, "Two minutes," she replied. Kenny sighed boredly.

It had been two and a half hours when they had finally gotten drowsy, and they had slowly dozed off. Suddenly, a figure came out from the fireplace. It was a plump figure, he wore a red jacket and a red hat with a furry white ball at the end. He carried a large brown sack over his shoulders, he reached into the sack, grabbing three presents. He sat the presents under the tree, and disappeared in thin air.

Scarlet and Kenny woke up to the sound of silver bells. They looked outside their window and saw a shadow of Santa's sleigh and reindeer in the moonlight. The two children stared at each other, jaws hanging. B was upstairs staring out of his window, too. "Bye Santa," he said softly.

It was Christmas morning, and B walked down the stairs rubbing his eyes and yawning. The house was filled with the smell of french toast, and syrup. When he got downstairs, he saw an ocean of presents under the tree. He smiled excitedly and ran to the tree, where his family was. Kenny and Scarlet seemed getting impatient, they wanted to open presents.

"Good morning, B! And merry Christmas!" his mother said, she was in the kitchen, making (or burning) french toast.

"Your pile is next to the fireplace, dear." His mother had taken the liberty to organize all the presents, all the presents for B in one pile, a pile for Kenny, a pile for Scarlet, and a pile for his parents, too.

"Can we open our presents, yet?" Kenny asked impatiently. His mother sighed.

"I guess so, just let me get my camera," she said, running off to get her digital camera, which her husband gave her yesterday as an early Christmas present. She came scurrying back, with her camera ready to take a picture the moment they open it. "Why don't you go first, Scarlet?"

"Okay!" she said cheerfully as she ripped a pink box into pieces. There was a card, saying that it was from Santa. She pulled out a pillowy soft Cloud Kacheek plushie. She embraced it tightly, followed by a blinding flash of light from the camera.

"Great!" their mother said, "Now you go Kenny!" A large grin stretched across his face. He picked up the yellow box, noticing a letter attatched to it. He read it out loud:

Dear Kenneth,

This gift was not easy to find. I'm sorry I couldn't get it to you sooner. Plus, last year you cheated on your math test secretly, so I had no choice but to give you a lump of coal. Still, this is long overdue. Please forgive me, and enjoy your gift.

Sincerely, Santa
Claus

He stared at the box for a moment, wondering if it was what he thought it was. He slowly opened the box, and his very shocked face was caught on the camera. A small Puppyblew jumped out of the box, onto his chest.

"Puppyblew! You've come home!" he shouted excitedly. The Puppyblew barked happily.

"Okay, now it's your turn, Brennan. Open your present," his mother said. B smiled and opened a blue box slowly, and his jaw dropped. In his paws, he held a magical Faerie Paint Brush. He stared at it, surprised.

"He got his wish!" Scarlet shouted, shocked. Kenny grinned.

"Sports car, please," Kenny said quietly. B stared up at the Christmas tree.

"Thank you, Santa," B said himself quietly.

Last edited:
M

metallic_pikachu

Finally...a neopets story. Very good, 8/10. It was kind of touching, too. Hmm...that reminds me what I should get MY neopets for Chrstmas...

Paint_Palette

Zephyr Trainer
Wow, a comment, and it took THIS long. Thanks, it didn't really have a conflict, I thought. This was not my best one, and besides, I'm too much of a procrastinator to post my other ones.

~Paint

P

Persian

Aw, this was cute. ^^ If only Santa could leave a Faerie Paintbrush for MY kougra....