• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Chrono Trigger DS

GhostAnime

Searching for her...
hope this wasn't posted before.

John Light

I stated 4 days ago on a different forum that if Chrono Trigger got a DS port, I would never need another RPG again.

I have a suspicion that a member of my family works for square

anyway, why was this game never released in Europe?

GhostAnime

Searching for her...
because it's europe. enough said.

wants_latios_lots

I miss you Maddie <3
I'd be pee-pants excited for this, but I've never played it.
So here's my course of action:
1. Buy it
2. Beat it.
3. Love it.
4. Travel back in time and then get pee=pants excited for its release. After beating Chrono Trigger, time travel is second nature.

Zerokku

Nonstop Breeder
I was beaten to the punch. I had posted this as well, Just in the wrong section >.> (I was wondering why I didn't see another topic already lol)

This is just amazing. I seriously cant wait. Theres so many good things coming out for the DS.

Clamps

Warning: Jokes!
Whadd'ya know, the "Chrono bus" hasn't stopped yet. Now I can finally play this game, and my friends can stop *****ing at me to play it.

GhostAnime

Searching for her...
Now I can finally play this game, and my friends can stop *****ing at me to play it.
wtf are you doing? LISTEN TO YOUR FRIEND!

Gentleman Skeleton

Too bad it won't be getting a graphics overhaul like the Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest remakes. At least we're getting touch screen capabilities and a new dungeon. Maybe we'll also get FMV cut scenes like the Playstation remake, possibly with VAs too.

Krake

Flabebe's Kids
Awesome. I'm gonna prolly get it to see what all the fuss is about. That and FFTA2.

Rhonin the wizard

Official press release:
LOS ANGELES, July 2 /PRNewswire/ — Square Enix, Inc., the publisher of Square Enix(TM) interactive entertainment products in North America, announced today that it will release CHRONO TRIGGER® in North America this Holiday season. Remastered exclusively for Nintendo DS(TM), this marks the first time that the groundbreaking RPG will be available on a handheld console.

Originally released in 1995 on Super NES® and shipping more than 2.5 million copies worldwide, CHRONO TRIGGER has been hailed as one of the greatest games of all time by critics and fans alike. With a unique and multifaceted storyline, the game revolutionized the world of RPGs with never-before-seen features, including an unprecedented soundtrack and multiple endings determined by side quests and the player’s actions.

With artwork by famed manga artist Akira Toriyama and an unprecedented and inspiring musical score created by Yasunori Mitsuda, CHRONO TRIGGER represents the best-in-class of the video game world. This newly revamped edition maintains all of the game’s original elements and spirit while introducing the portability, dual-screen presentation and Touch-Screen functionality of Nintendo DS. Players will soon be able to rediscover the exhilarating RPG experience, breathtaking storyline and innovative gameplay in the palm of their hands.

STORY

When a newly developed teleportation device malfunctions at the Millennial Fair, young Crono must travel through time to rescue his misfortunate companion from an intricate web of past and present perils. The swashbuckling adventure that ensues soon unveils an evil force set to destroy the world, triggering Crono’s race against time to change the course of history and bring about a brighter future.

FEATURES

– A masterpiece with an engaging and unparalleled storyline, leading to the discovery of multiple epic conclusions to a journey that transcends time

– An unprecedented and inspiring musical score created by Yasunori Mitsuda

– Intriguing battle system made possible by the unique combination of the Active Time Battle system and Tech skills

– Famed character designer Akira Toriyama lends his signature art style to create the vibrant world that has captivated gamers around the world

– Taking advantage of the Nintendo DS hardware, CHRONO TRIGGER makes its way onto the portable platform with all-new dual screen presentation and Touch-Screen functionality

– A brand new dungeon and a Wireless Play mode adds exciting new dimensions to this timeless classic

CHRONO TRIGGER has not yet been rated. Please visit the Entertainment Software Rating Board website at http://www.esrb.org for more information about ratings. The official website can be found at http://na.square-enix.com/ctds.
Link

Clamps

Warning: Jokes!
wtf are you doing? LISTEN TO YOUR FRIEND!

I will, as soon as this comes out, but I don't feel like spending $40 on a game for a system that I don't even have.

Nintandy

The Lost Mareep
This is fantastic! I'm in the UK, and with Super Mario RPG coming to the Virtual Console, and this to DS, I should finally be able to play the two Squaresoft/Nintendo RPGs that I've never had the pleasure of owning before! I've played some of Chrono Trigger on a ROM, but I can't wait to see how it truly is, first hand.

-- Andy ;449;

MaskedManAbsolkid

This is great news, I never experienced Chrono Trigger, being in Europe and all. I like the fact that the graphics have not been changed, as it will make it feel like the original experience.

MaskedManAbsolkid

This is great news, I never experienced Chrono Trigger, being in Europe and all. I like the fact that the graphics have not been changed, as it will make it feel like the original experience.

azurill

You do realize this isn't confirmed for anywhere else outside of Japan yes?

Its confirmed for NA release too Latios

Rootbeer

I've never played Chrono Trigger extensively. My only experience with it is when I rented Final Fantasy Chronicles so I could play FF4. I quickly discovered that FF4 sucked so I tried the other disc, Chrono Trigger, which turned out to be on a level with the original Wild ARMs. Purchasing this remake is a very real possibility for me, but I'm prioritizing Warriors Orochi 2 and the new Wario Land