• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

"Chuu Bra?! So Silly..."

Palamon

Silence is Purple
What was the most ridiculous anime you've ever seen? Why do you find it ridiculous to start with. If you hate it, be subtle.

---

Chuu Bra. Why? Well, the premise is so silly. A girl is so obsessed with underwear, she tries to start an underwear club. Despite how ridiculous this is:

I learned a lot about underwear because of this.

But, wow, that was ridiculous...

---

Jb

Tsun in the streets
Chu-Bra!! is one of those extremely rare series where you go into for lewdness but it instead turns out to be frightening informative and has good characters and story

Like Futari Ecchi

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
(I think the OP should be titled "Most Ridiculous Anime You've Seen"... it'd probably make more sense because I thought this was going to be a thread for an anime I had never heard of.)

Chu-Bra!! is one of those extremely rare series where you go into for lewdness but it instead turns out to be frightening informative and has good characters and story

Like Futari Ecchi

True that. Now you got me curious about Chu-Bra!!.

Pupa was ridiculous in just about everything, from its poorly-executed premise due to the four-minute run time per episode, to the awful censoring, and to the awful incest. I seriously don't know what I was expecting from it the first time around, but I guess I didn't do research well enough or else I would've caught the incest before it aired, it almost felt forced even though it had been part of the plot from the start. Apparently.

For a more serious, positive answer of what ridiculous shows I've seen, I've seen quite a bit, but Gonna be the Twin-Tails!! and Samurai Flamenco best come to mind of fairly recent anime. I think both of them were affectionate parodies to begin with (though Flamenco was more of a reconstruction of the superhero genre, and the ride was fun), and yet it was clear the shows were just having so much fun that I couldn't help falling in love with everything no matter how ridiculous it seemed. It's probably also a reason why I like Binan Koukou Chikyuu Bouei-bu LOVE! even though it's a magical boy anime, it's stupid, and yet it's enjoyable.