• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!

Jolteon91

iDOLM@STER Fanboy

Xionea

Half a centaur
That ending was so good! I was hearing the last episode was bad so I was skeptical when I watched it, but it was kinda beautiful. Also, the Mayan calendar reference was a little creepy since that's supposed to happen tomorrow (or today, for some people.)
I hope a second season will happen someday; I need more Rikka.

If she was stalking and admiring him for two years then why was it so confusing for her that she liked him? Don't introduce new facts in the last episode that are inconsistent with everything we've already seen. It's just bad storytelling. Speaking of bad storytelling, there's perhaps none worse than bringing in a previously unheard from narrator to wrap up your point. That is as lazy as it gets.

To summarise this show, an above-average comedy series that halfway through decided to be a joyless parable to answer a question nobody asked. Ugh.

Jolteon91

iDOLM@STER Fanboy
If she was stalking and admiring him for two years then why was it so confusing for her that she liked him?

Is it really unbelievable that she didn't understand what it felt like to be in live with someone?

Speaking of bad storytelling, there's perhaps none worse than bringing in a previously unheard from narrator to wrap up your point. That is as lazy as it gets.

The narrator was in the first episode.

Is it really unbelievable that she didn't understand what it felt like to be in live with someone?

It just didn't feel like her character had ever been written with that backstory in mind. The twist just doesn't, to me, gel with the rest of the series. Think... the revelation about River Song's parenthood in Doctor Who. It's like that.

Oops. Okay, my mistake.

RLinksoul

I love how that letter from the DARK FLAME MASTER just happens to arrive at a point where Yuuta would need it most. The Dark Flame Master's powers be true!

Then Yuuta tortures himself biking all the way to Rikka's grandparents house, and then all of his friends follow by car. They must have passed him on the way and decided it would be more dramatic to show up right after him.

Yuuta's reaction to normal Dekomori was amusing, but I kept thinking "Come on man! This is what you wanted! ....... Or is it?"

A lot of people on MAL are complaining that Yuuta and Rikka never kissed, but that's one of the things I don't really mind. I mean these two could never even hold hands, just pinky fingers, so why would they take it to the kissing level?

All in all the show wasn't BAD, but I spent most of it being annoyed by Rikka and Dekomori.

TotalPotato

Vegetable of Doom!
A lot of people on MAL are complaining that Yuuta and Rikka never kissed, but that's one of the things I don't really mind. I mean these two could never even hold hands, just pinky fingers, so why would they take it to the kissing level?
Well, they did hold hands at the very end when they ran away from the siren, which was a nice indication that the experience brought them closer together.

xerxes

ようこそ!ワタシの音楽工場へへへへへ

the people of mal forget that chuu2 was made by kyoani. when was the last time they gave us a kiss? even clannad which is generally considered a masterpiece didn't have a kissing scene.

i don't think kissing should be such a big deal anyway, at least not to the point where people dislike an anime because the characters didn't do it, even though it was apparent that they loved each other.

Last edited:

Jolteon91

iDOLM@STER Fanboy
Unfortunately going by the video's comment we're going to have to wait until June to see this.

Yeah, they're only included on the first and last BD/DVD volumes.

[img139]http://i.imgur.com/yZxJN.jpg[/img139]

[img139]http://i.imgur.com/02BbC.jpg[/img139]

Last edited: