• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!

Jolteon91

iDOLM@STER Fanboy
Now that you mention it, it does look similar to my memory of the Lucky Star cheerleading uniform.

Haruhi was the first thought that popped into my head, however despite similar colours its a different design.

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
So the new character is all sorts of awesome. And lucky us, we got another make believe fight scene outta it.

Pillow Sempai started what I believe is the best club ever, only to merge it with Rikka's (reminds me of Tari Tari's sometimes badminton club).

Good on Yuuta for resisting the join the club. I thought he was doing well until he started going along with the girls. I thought he'd end up being like Kyon or Oreki being manipulated by women again and that made me kinda sad. Until he said that he never said he'd join. Good job man! Well until hairclip-girl suddenly wants to join them. The plot thickens!

Oh, almost forgot. Light Music Club. Again.

Last edited:

Jolteon91

iDOLM@STER Fanboy
It's animated by KyoAni, of course someone wanted to join the Light Music Club.

New girl is awesome, I loved their imaginary fight, hopefully we get more of those because they look quite nice.

If I went to their school I would totally join the nap club, it would be the perfect club for me.

I love how the teacher played along with Rikka's second personality with the purpose of catching her out, awesome teacher is awesome.

And we all know Yuuta is going to join the club, it's just a matter of time, most likely next episode consider Shinka joined, but we all know Yuuta is going to eventually realise he loves Rikka instead.

vodor

Banned
Does Shinka has a crush on a Yuuta ?
Specially the way she watching Yuuta with other club member and then decide to join the clue , May be She just jealous!
I bet She has the similar past as Yuuta.

Does Shinka has a crush on a Yuuta ?
Specially the way she watching Yuuta with other club member and then decide to join the clue , May be She just jealous!
I bet She has the similar past as Yuuta.

Or perhaps... SHE WORKS FOR THE FORCES OF DARKNESS.

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
Lite #4 is up and ready. No flashback this time 'round, just wacky hijinks while buying groceries.

Oh, and I saw someone point this out:
[img139]http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mbjdvd1vqK1rvlg8ko2_1280.png[/img139]
[img139]http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mbjdvd1vqK1rvlg8ko1_1280.png[/img139]

Last edited:

Jolteon91

iDOLM@STER Fanboy
Oh, and I saw someone point this out:
[img139]http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mbjdvd1vqK1rvlg8ko2_1280.png[/img139]
[img139]http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mbjdvd1vqK1rvlg8ko1_1280.png[/img139]

Oh, KyoAni, you and your self references.

Lite #4 was the first episode to fail for me. The bit with Chimera and the insect was funny but other than that it was fairly devoid of humor. And it was doing the anime 'I want to be a good wife!' thing, which is always a bit of a challenge to watch.

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
OH MY GOD THEY DID THE DRAGON SLAVE! 7/5 BEST ANIME!

Call me crazy but is Dekomori saying "Death?" instead of "desu?" Was she doing that last episode and I just never noticed? And the duck hunt bit, oh man.

Okay MAJOR change in Nibutani's character this week, holy crap. I love that she used to be a chuunibyou too even though it's kind of obvious in retrospect. She's a lot more interesting now even though she's a lot more *****y as well... it's a trade-off! Maybe later she'll learn with Yuuta and Rikka and co. that you should be true to your heart?

And the fights are becoming much more frequent than I expected! DEFINITELY A GOOD THING.

Edit: someone pointed this out to me. Confirmed that they changed to OP because people were complaining. Blah.

Last edited:

Jolteon91

iDOLM@STER Fanboy
Call me crazy but is Dekomori saying "Death?" instead of "desu?" Was she doing that last episode and I just never noticed?

Yeah she was saying it last episode too, she puts a lot of emphasis on the "th" too.

Can't watch this episode 'til tonight, which sucks, but it can't be helped.

Jolteon91

iDOLM@STER Fanboy
He wont fight, he'll use his Gea..... Maybe he will fight.

EDIT: That episode was freakin' awesome.

The set up Rikka and Sanae had for the magic circle was great, I laughed through pretty much that whole segment (and the whole episode) the lights, the fan, the flour, they are so dedicated to their delusions and I love it.

Shinka's complete 180 change in personality is great, I loved how easy she seemed to switch between them too, one second she's all sweet and innocent, the next she's a total *****. I like her more now.

During her "fight" with Sanae, I completely lost my **** when Sanae rapped the ribbon around her arm and then acted as if it hurt, that was just great. Then the end, Yuuta telling Rikka to handle it, so she gets out another bag of flower, and I lost my **** again.

Also I love the ED, I must import the single.

Last edited:
Kyoto Animation, you can truly still deliver flashes of genius. Jerkass Nibutani is absolutely brilliant. Poor Yuuta, so disillusioned.

A good Lite as well, it's amusing to see things from Kumin's perspective. Also, why do the Lite OP and EDs have to be so vastly superior?

vodor

Banned
Man , I like Shinna personality Change.
Now I want her to fall for Yuuta even more because she might become a Tsundere !

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
I checked out 4chan's reaction, the backlash on Nibutani's character is ridiculous. Sooooo much hatred. Best part is this was all according to plan. I have faith Kyoto Animation knew exactly what they were doing and what was going to happen here. In the first three episodes Nibutani's built up as this adorable perfect wonder of a girl. Class rep, on the cheerleading squad, #1 in the cuteness polls, and (most importantly) friendly to the main character. Well there's that AND she was not a chuunibyou like Rikka. They put her on the opposite end of the spectrum, almost as a representation of the normal life Yuuta's been trying to get. He's even got these adorable fantasies about her, and soon enough (I don't know if I'm the only one here but) I started rooting for him to end up with her even though chances were next to zero that it'd actually happen. Then she turns out to have the same secret Yuuta does! They're perfect for each other right? NOPE. She turns out to be a *****. She looks down on the other club members and only is associating herself with them to accomplish her own goals. So yeah, people got pissed. And that's exactly what KyoAni was hoping for. How many guys out there have seen a girl that looks very pretty and nice but then once you get to know them they're a huge *****? Just like how many guys have asked a girl out and made a fool of themselves, about 80%. So while they're putting Nibutani in the red for now, they secretly making you sympathize with the main character that much more. On top of all the constant embarassment you feel for him there's also some subtle heartbreak. Great thing is, he doesn't mope and reflect on it. It just happens and you're told to deal with it. Genius.

Also, why do the Lite OP and EDs have to be so vastly superior?

I like the TV series' OP more (even the old version) than the Lite OP but I like the Lite ED more than the TV series' ED.

Lite 5 was alright, even though it was reintroducing the characters we already know, we get it from Kumin's point of view.

TotalPotato

Vegetable of Doom!
Or perhaps... SHE WORKS FOR THE FORCES OF DARKNESS.
This turned out to be surprisingly accurate!

Nibutani Shinka is giving off some major Kawashima Ami vibes right now. I expected her to continue down the road as a competing love interest over Rikka, and while that might still happen, it seems unlikely. Truth be told, I kind of liked her as a distraction for Yuuta's affections because I think it would have been really interesting for Yuuta to have this seemingly perfect girl in front of him, and then to be won over by Rikka anyway. With that potential source of romantic tension out of the way, I'm hoping that won't dampen the effectiveness of the romance element when it's introduced to the story.

Humour continues to be amazing. I loved it when Rikka and Sanae were trying to open the gate to the Overworld, but they had to stop mid-preparation speech because Rikka's umbrella Schwarz Sechs Prototype Mark II was blown away!