• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!

Jolteon91

iDOLM@STER Fanboy
Nibutani Shinka is giving off some major Kawashima Ami vibes right now.

I knew the personality swap seemed familiar, I just couldn't place it, she's like KyoAni's brown haired Ami.

On the subject of Lite Ep. 5, I agree with Kumin, Yuuta totally wants to play along, and when he finally does it will be amazing.

Jolteon91

iDOLM@STER Fanboy
Another great episode.

Sanae "drinking" the milk was hilarious, she was so proud of her self , and Kumin just plays along, despite watching her spit it all over Shinka. Sanae and Rikka providing their own BGM great too, and Sanae is apparently a genius (or just smarter than everyone else at her school, either way).

Rikka's reaction to Sanae assuming she could do math easy was great, and then Yuuta stole the show with a great line:
"It's like getting 300% damage in Smash Brothers."

I know that feeling.

Kumin pointing out that being a Chuunibyou looks like fun, Yuuta and Shinka know it's true, they just don't want to admit it, but it will happen eventually, Yuuta even joined in a bit when talking about how the 7 times table are like progressive levels, and then again at the end when giving Rikka a new email address, he is so close to joining in, and I can't wait for it to happen.

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
Okay after that mind-blowing episode four I was expecting the next episode to drop just a little bit.

NOPE.

Episode 5 hit all my good spots. Drama, comedy, heartfelt moments, fan service, a extremely brief discussion of chuunibyou/foreshadowing of future topics, and just damn good storytelling. It also featured every single character except Yuuta's guy friend (who isn't that important right now, let's be honest).

Kumin hits the nail on the head this episode when asking what's really wrong with having chuunibyou. She points out how it looks fun, but not whether they should care if it's embarrassing. I can only imagine they'll do that later. I grew much more attached to Rikka this episode as well. Her character grew from just being about chuunibyou (which was really all she did for the last few weeks) to actually having normal problems. She's lonely, she's got problems with focusing on work (which I can relate to), and she felt more human instead of just a one-trick-chuunibyou-pony. Which is fantastic.

And the bit with the two sisters playing house killed me.

Rikka's reaction to Sanae assuming she could do math easy was great, and then Yuuta stole the show with a great line:
"It's like getting 300% damage in Smash Brothers."

They bleeped that out (Lucky Star style! [I think]) but what was they other thing they bleeped in the pool fight?

Jolteon91

iDOLM@STER Fanboy
They bleeped that out (Lucky Star style! [I think]) but what was they other thing they bleeped in the pool fight?

Yeah, same beeping out they used in Lucky Star, and I don't know what the second reference was towards.

Also, Sanae curling Rikka in the background while Yuuta and Shinka were talking to Kumin was great.

[img139]http://i.minus.com/iOc79YNRNgRvR.gif[/img139]

Last edited:

TotalPotato

Vegetable of Doom!
Something from the Phantasy Star series of games... I think.

I don't even know which comedic bit to mention since it was all so good, so I'll mention something else. It looks like Rikka might actually have trouble opening up to people, probably partly because she was lonely during her middle school years. In that sense, her delusions might be some kind of defence mechanism (though I'm not denying she really enjoys them). But yeah, sweet and funny all around. These kind of series are my favourites if they're done really well, and this show has been done really, really well so far.

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
Yuuta's mom also got some more lines this episode, and now I want to see even more of her. I can kind of see where Yuuta got his middle school delusions from. On the other hand his sister seems adopted now.

Also, Sanae curling Rikka in the background while Yuuta and Shinka were talking to Kumin was great.

Kumin had her own great moments this episode. Like that karate chop roll dodge thing. I hope they do more with her character besides just being "the one who naps." This episode has started to help alleviate that but they can go a bit further too.

[img139]http://i.minus.com/iOc79YNRNgRvR.gif[/img139]

That part still looks a bit weird to me. Like Rikka's turning around going "DUUUURRRRRR."
I'm not used to her eyes looking like that.

I don't even know which comedic bit to mention since it was all so good, so I'll mention something else. It looks like Rikka might actually have trouble opening up to people, probably partly because she was lonely during her middle school years. In that sense, her delusions might be some kind of defence mechanism (though I'm not denying she really enjoys them). But yeah, sweet and funny all around. These kind of series are my favourites if they're done really well, and this show has been done really, really well so far.

No kidding. I can't say enough how much I love this series right now. I might even like it more than Hyouka, which was also outstanding!

New Lite episode too. Funny stuff if ever brief. I'm glad they put this aside and didn't focus on Nibutani that much in episode 5.

And Jolteon91 descended from above and said "There shall be an OVA!" and all was well.

Edit: Someone on tumblr pointed this out too.
[img139]http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mctqxqEYPS1qgq0yh.png[/img139]
[img139]http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mctqx1iKHq1qgq0yh.png[/img139]

Second one is Hyouka. Intentional?

Last edited:

vodor

Banned

I never saw Oreki pose like that but Yuuta face does reassemble him.
The boy in that picture look like Leouch .
I was wondering who was the character who pose like that but I guess the answer was right in font of me.
I guess now Rinka fallen head over the heel for him.
I'm more interested in seeing Yuuta conquering Shiika.
It will be cool to see some Tsundere moment.
So , How is it in the novel ?
Anyway , How do you guys post picture.
I can seem to do it in Serebii . (Off course I can do it in Bulbagarden)
Aren't you people's image Code Closed ???

Last edited:

Jolteon91

iDOLM@STER Fanboy
That part still looks a bit weird to me. Like Rikka's turning around going "DUUUURRRRRR."
I'm not used to her eyes looking like that.

When she did that I thought to myself (with Keima's voice in my head) "I can see the ending!"

And Jolteon91 descended from above and said "There shall be an OVA!" and all was well.

Oh, if only I really had a power that allowed me to dictate which series get extra seasons/episodes.

KyoAni intentionally doing a self reference? Have they ever done that before?

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
When she did that I thought to myself (with Keima's voice in my head) "I can see the ending!"

We've all seen the ending at this point. It's in the opening.

KyoAni intentionally doing a self reference? Have they ever done that before?

NEVER!

TotalPotato

Vegetable of Doom!
You're clutching at straws here. The other ones people have posted in this thread I can see, but this? They just looks like standard melodramatic poses to me.
Use [spoil] if you don't want any words in your spoiler tags, by the way

I never saw Oreki pose like that but Yuuta face does reassemble him.
The boy in that picture look like Leouch .
I was wondering who was the character who pose like that but I guess the answer was right in font of me.
I guess now Rinka fallen head over the heel for him.
I'm more interested in seeing Yuuta conquering Shiika.
It will be cool to see some Tsundere moment.
So , How is it in the novel ?
Anyway , How do you guys post picture.
I can seem to do it in Serebii . (Off course I can do it in Bulbagarden)
Aren't you people's image Code Closed ???
It works if you use [img139]. And I don't want to know how it turns out in the novel! Well, the final pairing seems pretty certain, but I'd rather the details remain a mystery.

Jolteon91

iDOLM@STER Fanboy
It works if you use [img139]. And I don't want to know how it turns out in the novel! Well, the final pairing seems pretty certain, but I'd rather the details remain a mystery.

Yeah, I don't think anyone doubts it will end up Yuuta x Rikka's sister, it's just a matter of how we get there.

TotalPotato

Vegetable of Doom!
Yeah, I don't think anyone doubts it will end up Yuuta x Rikka's sister, it's just a matter of how we get there.
Oh, I was actually talking about Rikka x Sanae because that's where most of the screentime seems to be focused. But maybe they're getting that out of the way early to leave plenty of room for Yuuta x Touka goodness.

Jolteon91

iDOLM@STER Fanboy
Oh, I was actually talking about Rikka x Sanae because that's where most of the screentime seems to be focused. But maybe they're getting that out of the way early to leave plenty of room for Yuuta x Touka goodness.

I assumed Rikka x Sanae was already done, it sure looks that way.

Ampharos_Dude

Go go MR Rangers!
I'm kinda confused at the moment. Someone said to me that Pillow-Sempai and Sanae are not in the novels, is this true?
I thought about reading the novels sometime, but if Pillow-Sempai and Sanae are not in them, how different is the story, I wonder? (Also, I know that Touka is an anime-exclusive character, too.)

Jolteon91

iDOLM@STER Fanboy
I'm kinda confused at the moment. Someone said to me that Pillow-Sempai and Sanae are not in the novels, is this true?
I thought about reading the novels sometime, but if Pillow-Sempai and Sanae are not in them, how different is the story, I wonder? (Also, I know that Touka is an anime-exclusive character, too.)

Sanae and Kumin are indeed anime original characters.