• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!

RLinksoul

Episode 5 convinced me to un-drop this series. So far I'm neither glad I did, nor am I ready to drop it. A one episode per week pace should be okay. The characters are a bit much to watch more than one episode in a row.

Do I spy character development in my mindless KyoAni moe moe slice of life? Huh... Either way it's nice to see Rikka act like a somewhat normal person, and the part at the end in the sig above me and every page of MAL's episode 5 thread, and all over tumblr was kinda heartwarming. Yuuta's still the only character I like though.

vodor

Banned

Samantha Sparks

From what I heard on /a/, the novel was but a love triangle between Rikka, Yuuta and Shinka. And I also heard Shinka was more of a b**** in the novels, though very unlikely.

Sanae and Kumin are indeed anime original characters.

Wow, really? It's a testament to how well they pulled off that change in the way that it really doesn't show. The characters totally feel like they were always meant to be there. Hell, it's hard to imagine the story without them. Well played. KyoAni.

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
You're clutching at straws here. The other ones people have posted in this thread I can see, but this? They just looks like standard melodramatic poses to me.
Use [spoil] if you don't want any words in your spoiler tags, by the way

It was just something I saw someone post elsewhere, wanted to know what you guys thought of it.

[spoil]faaaantastic[/spoil]

Wow, really? It's a testament to how well they pulled off that change in the way that it really doesn't show. The characters totally feel like they were always meant to be there. Hell, it's hard to imagine the story without them. Well played. KyoAni.

I agree. I think the show would feel pretty empty without them.

And would there even be a circle in the novels? How does that work?

Ampharos_Dude

Go go MR Rangers!
It was just something I saw someone post elsewhere, wanted to know what you guys thought of it.

[spoil]faaaantastic[/spoil]

I agree. I think the show would feel pretty empty without them.

And would there even be a circle in the novels? How does that work?

I also wonder on Kyoani's plan for this character, who is currently novel exclusive; http://myanimelist.net/character/65867/Satone_Shichimiya

I wonder how much has she to do with the story, and will she ever make it to the anime?

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
Missing character? Was I half asleep, but who was missing from it? :O

Yuuta's guy friend was the only established character who didn't get any lines in episode 5. Looking at episode 6's preview I guess that was on purpose.

Ampharos_Dude

Go go MR Rangers!
Yuuta's guy friend was the only established character who didn't get any lines in episode 5. Looking at episode 6's preview I guess that was on purpose.

Just remembered him :D He's kinda forgetable, isn't he?

Also, I asked about Satone Shichimiya (the novel original character who isn't in the anime) from a person who is translating the novels, and I got this:

"Shichimiya (as Yuuta calls her) is quite an interesting character. She's introduced in the second novel and plays a big role in it. She won't be in the anime as they've taken out anything that could reference her thus far. I greatly liked translating her and wished she would be in it.

As for personality, the character I had in mind was Haruhi in her hyper state. She's very very very energetic (even more than Dekomori in the anime). She's the kind of person who will never fully get rid of her chuunibyou even if she gets cured of it. She has a few chuuni battles with Rikka in the novel. They're hilarious to read, but would be amazing to see."

(Can't wait to read the novels :D)

vodor

Banned
Man , When will we see some ''Love Rivalry'' between Shiina & Rikka ???
That What I have been waiting for .
On the otherhand,
I can't believe Yuuta chop Shiina's head.
May be he's getting over his crush.

Jolteon91

iDOLM@STER Fanboy
It's getting hard to keep finding new ways to say how fantastic these episodes are each week. Plus I'm pretty exhausted today but yeah, another great one, just like the rest.

I agree.

I love the real Shinka more and more everytime she's on screen (Rikka is still better though).

I loved the little fight between Shinka and Sanae, it wasn't as elaborate as previous fights, but it was still great.

And when the three of the called themselves zero, Yuuta was sitting in the back corner thinking "come back after you're emperor of Earth, and then you can call yourself zero." Also, he is so dam close to unleashing his inner Chuunibyou.

Bald Isshiki is moe as hell. Seriously guys.

Man , When will we see some ''Love Rivalry'' between Shiina & Rikka ???
That What I have been waiting for .
On the otherhand,

I'm pretty sure he got over it the minute her real personality was revealed.

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior

Y'think? This is part of why I enjoy Yuuta as a main character, he's not afraid to lay down the law (in most cases).

And when the three of the called themselves zero, Yuuta was sitting in the back corner thinking "come back after you're emperor of Earth, and then you can call yourself zero." Also, he is so dam close to unleashing his inner Chuunibyou.

I was thinking the same thing during that scene. "Uh, guys? The real Zero is right behind you."

Bald Isshiki is moe as hell. Seriously guys.

Kumin with Bald Isshiki is even more so. I love the idea of the two of them together.

TotalPotato

Vegetable of Doom!
Or does this remind anyone else of the hip shaking by Mai, Mio and Yuko in the first Nichijou OP?
[img139]http://i1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb480/Yumekichi11/Picture%2037/ntyhj433w_zpsa903b1f0.gif[/img139]
It reminds me more of the hip shaking in the second OP :p