• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Cilan and Brock! Gyarados' Outrage!! (BWDASP1)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Cilan and Brock! Gyarados' Outrage!!

Having parted ways with Iris and Ash, Cilan starts travelling through the region of Johto. However, when fishing, he manages to hook a Gyarados. Trying to capture it, it ends up easily defeating his Pokémon causing him to go to a nearby Pokémon Center wherehe meets a trainee Pokémon Doctor, Brock. However, they both soon learn there is a reason why the Gyarados was so violent. Will Cilan & Brock be able to calm it?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
The episode begins with Cilan walking in a forrest with Pansage.

They then come across a big lake.

Cilan sees something moving along the lakes surface (A Qwilfish Mecha) and brings out his fishing rod, trying to bait and capture the "Pokemon".

He then pulls a Gyarados out of the water.

Gyarados scares Cilan and Pansage, so then Cilan tells Pansage to use Bullet Seed and then Rock Tomb.

Pansage then goes to fire a SolarBeam, but Gyarados uses Flamethrower and defeats Pansage.

Gyarados gets zapped by something whilst using a HyperBeam.

A mysterious guy is was there as well.

Cilan runs to a Pokemon Center and on the way, he runs into Brock. They both bow and the Cilan continues running.

Cilan makes goes inside a nearby Pokemon Center and shortly after Brock walks in as well.

Brock and the Nurse Joy treat Cilan's Pansage, as Cilan sits in the waiting area.

Nurse Joy comes out and says that Pansage should be fine.

Cilan tells Nurse Joy about the Gyarados and what had happened.

Brock then comes out and flirts with Joy, before Croagunk Poison Jab's him and drags him away.

A girl walks in with a female Pikachu and Cilan and Brock get closer to take a look at the Pikachu.

Cilan gives the Pikachu some Pokemon food.

The Pikachu starts to eat and enjoy the Pokemon food.

Cilan then has a battle with the girl and her Pikachu and he uses his Stunfisk.

Brock is the referee.

Pikachu zaps Stunfisk.

Brock cooks a lunch for Cilan, the girl, Pikachu, Stunfisk and himself.

Dare Da? Gyarados.

Gyarados goes on a rampage through the town's by going along the town's canal.

Officer Jenny and her Growlithe are in the police bike and try to calm the Gyarados down.

Cilan, Brock and Jenny are at the Pokemon Center with Nurse Joy and her Chansey, trying to figure out a solution whilst looking at a map of the forrest.

Cilan plans on using his Fishing Rod to lure Gyarados again and he does.

Jenny and Cilan are on a speedboat with Gyarados in tow and then Cilan notices a mecha Qwilfish following them.

The mecha jumps up and shocks Gyarados. Cilan notices that the mecha is what zapped Gyarados earlier at the lake.

Back at the Pokemon Center with Brock and Joy, Pansage is all healed.

The girl then walks in the Pokemon Center.

Cilan brings out Crustle to help.

Gyarados breaks free of the net and Jenny and Cilan are now on a bridge watching Gyarados using Outrage in a river.

Gyarados broke a bit of the bridge and now Joy, Brock and Pansage are on the bridge as well.

Pansage then uses a new move to calm down Gyarados, Grasswhistle.

The poacher is arrested and then the group say goodbye to Gyarados.

Brock then flirts with Jenny, before Croagunk Poison Jab's him and drags him off again.

Joy and Jenny say goodbye to Cilan and Brock as they both walk in different directions.

To be continued.

Last edited:

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
Nice Expression.

[IMG139]http://oi42.*******.com/33cb4hh_th.jpg[/IMG139]

The Girl with the Female Pikachu.

[IMG139]http://oi42.*******.com/20qdk5v_th.jpg[/IMG139]

Stunfisk!
[IMG139]http://oi42.*******.com/6sb861_th.jpg[/IMG139]

:eek: !!!!!
[IMG139]http://oi42.*******.com/wuj5o9_th.jpg[/IMG139]

Edit:-

So, Cilan meets Brock but didn't get to know that Brock was a former traveling partner of Ash.

And if i am right he didn't even ask Brock's name (nor did Brock introduce itself to him).

Last edited:

Lanturn88

Lanturn Master
They didn't have a clue.. Kind of a cool episode wondering when/if they'd figure out they were Ash's friend

But the big thing in this episode.. omg Joy and Jenny never looked so good.. I miss them so much ;_;

Shame Cilan didn't get Gyarados. But at least all his Pokemon got to do something.

People would hate Cilan more if he got it since Misty has it.

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
Well i am ok with him not getting that Gyarados, since i would like him to catch a rare and difficult to catch Water type Pokemon like a Feebas.

NPT

Just a member
Great, Brock and Cilan finally met. Loved seeing Cilan's fishing skills again, too bad he didn't caught the Gyarados.

Lucario At Service said:
So, Cilan meets Brock but didn't get to know that Brock was a former traveling partner of Ash.

And if i am right he didn't even ask Brock's name (nor did Brock introduce itself to him).

Uh....didn't Dawn tell Iris and Cilan about Brock in BW087(Expedition to Onix Island)? I think Cilan knows that Brock was Ash's traveling companion.

Last edited:

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
Uh....didn't Dawn tell Iris and Cilan about Brock in BW087(Expedition to Onix Island)? I think Cilan knows that Brock was Ash's traveling companion.

Yes, Dawn told about Brock to Cilan. But she nor Ash showed Cilan an image of Brock.

So, technically he only knows him by name, hence the reason why Brock's name wasn't mentioned to Cilan in this episode.

Even if it was mentioned, there are many people in the world with the same name. I am sure Cilan wouldn't have made the connection that easily.

I mean the way they reacted to that Pikachu made me feel that one of them would end up mentioning Ash's Pikachu, but they didn't.

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
HE DIDN'T CATCH THE GYaRADOS GDI I DON'T GET AnYThING I WANT JEEN rUFFLE MY HAIR N-O

But it was still a good episode, Dento was so cute with his little fishing skills in the place and he caught the crook so it was all good. xD

Hopefully if Dento comes back he'll catch a Pokemon from the fishing tourney.

Also I think it was supposed to be funny that Dento didn't know Brock was Brock because like it was so obvious but it was never brought up, which is probably more realistic anyway. Plus, IIRC Dawn explained Brock to Iris so he may not have even heard.

Haunter ゴースト

People would hate Cilan more if he got it since Misty has it.

Why're you bashing on Cilan?

As far as BW went, people enjoyed his character and thought he made a great replacement after Brock.

Also, why would it matter if Cilan had Gyrados too? Dawn had a Cyndaquil. May had a Bulbasaur and Squirtle.

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
I think in this case Gyarados might have been overpowered. :/ But there's still hope of him catching something guys really cool like a relicanth in the fishing tourney.

AND I"LL TELL YOU WHY ThAT IS COOL:

-Relicanth is based off of a Coelacanth
-They are very rare
-They are Sarcopterygiis
-you can only catch them on a rainy day

Last edited:
Why're you bashing on Cilan?

As far as BW went, people enjoyed his character and thought he made a great replacement after Brock.

Also, why would it matter if Cilan had Gyrados too? Dawn had a Cyndaquil. May had a Bulbasaur and Squirtle.

What, now you're really twisting my words? I like Cilan, and all of Ash's friends except Misty since I am no longer a fan of the OS saga.

Haunter ゴースト

I think in this case Gyarados might have been overpowered. :/ But there's still hope of him catching something guys really cool like a relicanth in the fishing tourney.

Well the fact that Misty caught one already shows that overpowering isn't a problem - but the other reason is that Cilan is probably only going to appear in another 4 episodes ever so catching a Gyrados really wouldn't have done any harm.

Like i said the other day, this Special is technically part of BW meaning no capture for Cilan.

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
Well the fact that Misty caught one already shows that overpowering isn't a problem - but the other reason is that Cilan is probably only going to appear in another 4 episodes ever so catching a Gyrados really wouldn't have done any harm.

Like i said the other day, this Special is technically part of BW meaning no capture for Cilan.

I think that Gyarados was stronger than Misty's; the poacher was after it for a reason imo.

Dento caught it like 3 times though, that's what I call talent.

LizardonX

Banned
Is it too much to ask for one episode without pikachu? -.-i mean part of the reason why origins was so awesome was because pikachu only appeared once in four episodes.

Last edited:
Awww I thought Cilan would catch it. I guess the writers don't want traveling companions to share the same pokemon; you can only share with Ash and no one else. I wonder if this lowers Cilan's chances to appear in XY. Will he only appear in a special with Clemont at the end?