1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Cilan and Brock! Gyarados' Outrage!! (BWDASP1)

Discussion in 'Pokémon Black & White - Adventures in Unova' started by Serebii, Oct 3, 2013.

1. pokemon fan 132

pokemon fan 132 Well-Known Member

Just watched it and i loved it. Brock and Cilan interactions were fun to watch and their encounter has to be one of more awkward ones in pokemon history. It was nice to see Brock taking charge in taking care of Cilan Pansage having some nice bonding moments there, having him flirt over nurse Joy trying to seduce her, and that moment on climbing on Gyarados spraying potion on it was simply epic.

You can tell Brock is doctor with a passsion. :p

Cilan trying to catch Gyarados was noble try and Pansage did put up a good fright, but it was kinda obvious that blue snake was too much of a bite for him to handle at that time.
    I enjoyed in both of Ash ex travel companions working as a team in this episode while trying to find alternative in how to stop Gyarados and prevent further destruction while managing to interceot Poacher and get him arrested(Crustle smashing felon was amusing).

All in all it was great episode imo and even though its disappointing that Cilan didn't caught any new pokemon in a way im kinda glad it didn't happen , because whole scenery of Cilan doing rematch with Pansage vs pokemon which defeated it would be rather predictable and forced.

Needless to say i would rather prefer that he gets some other pokemon(someone mentioned Relicant and i think it would fit him perfectly) instead of same one another Ash companion(Misty)has adding for diversity having each main character stand out in that aspect. But thats just my opinion.

Dunno im pretty sure Misty's is more trained than wild one and it seemed pretty powerful when defeating three Tentacruel by itself or Shedinja. At best i would say they are tied in strength, but this Gyarados didn't seemed stronger imo.

2. JennaJayfeather

JennaJayfeather jflkdjkfgjafgaf

If they put their heads together and make a time machine out of a microwave yes.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2013
  3. Blue Saturday

Blue Saturday too fly

Yeah, given all the chaos it caused and how it took out Yanappu it did seem significantly stronger than Kasumi's. Even the movepool was pretty amazing too and I would have still liked to see Dento add it to his arsenal regardless. Yanappu's GrassWhistle was nice, it was a great way of pacifying the angry Gyarados,.

4. HatersGonnaHate

HatersGonnaHate Throwing Shade

Not sure how it's stronger when both know Flamethrower and Hyper Beam. All Gyarados seem strong in general.

5. Alfred the Second

Alfred the Second Dracoflare

Because there is an actual REASON for that?

And no Pikachu being the mascot ISN'T the reason.

The scene was just made to make the interactions hilarious. Both Brock and Cilan give the same reaction when they see the Pikachu. They see Pikachu and their face expressions are like "It's a Pikachu could Ash be..." and BOTH notice the tail and understand it's a female Pikachu. And they both say something along the lines of ""It's no like he would be here" (not exact translation *cough*). Because both know Ash WON'T be in Johto. That's a hilarious reaction. They look at each other but they obviously don't get that they are thinking about the same person.

Brock and Cilan didn't even learn each other's name considering the crisis they have been in. If Brock had mentioned his name, there is a good chance they might have figured things out and realize both of them are Ash's ex-partners. (now that sounds dirty)

I liked the episode. Both of them kept remembering Ash and they talked about Ash but they don't know that they were both talking about the same person. The conversation between them was less but I liked how they kept drawing out all of their character quirks and stuff like how Dento is a Sommelier, and Cilan figuring out Brock was a breeder etc. (I think I heard the word breeder).

Anyway, since I actually understood some of the talk going on, I liked the episode. And action wise, the episode was good too. It's good to see all of Dento's three Pokemon. STUNFISK :3:3

Oh AND apparently the hunter guy is a pretty famous name. He has come for Gyarados because a Gyarados with Flamethrower is rare.

And the most hilarious of all is Dento calling Brock an "Onee-san Sommelier" I LOVED that part. It was what I wanted. (Btw, Onee-san refers to ladies in this context which is basically who Brock hits on every time).

6. Cresselia92

Cresselia92 SM Ash = New Ash

If there is something that I loved about this episode is how Brock and Cilan reacted to each other's antics. That was priceless for me. XD

Other than that, it was a good episode. It showed how Brock is doing with his doctor career and Cilan had a chance to show his Coinnosseur's abilities. Quite a good episode.

7. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris "Am I supposed to laugh?"

I predict that Iris' special (whenever that is) will also have a Pikachu for good measure, which will be hilarious in hindsight. Then I can say Iris and Cilan will never stop seeing Pikachu.

8. NeptuneCloyster

NeptuneCloyster Squadallah

I'm kind of glad that they didn't mention the connection with ash, though :L
    not everything has to revolve around the twirp. :p

9. JennaJayfeather

JennaJayfeather jflkdjkfgjafgaf

The only thing that confused me about this episode is why didn't the poacher...you know...use a Poké Ball?

Seriously where would he put that thing?

10. Squirtle_007

Squirtle_007 Well-Known Member

So, translated, Brock would be a "Chick Connossieur" XD

11. nuzamaki90

nuzamaki90 Well-Known Member

Damn, he didn't catch it..WHY WRITERS? But anyways, were they at the Lake of Rage or just a generic lake near a generic town?

It was great seeing Brock again, kinda sucks none of his Pokemon got spotlight except Croagunk who pretty much got shafted as well. I don't get what the point of that little girl being there was supposed to be, would have been better if Brock and Cilan battled instead.

It was a great episode though, even though there's a few plot holes here and there, at least we got to see Brocky again and that's all that really matters.

12. HatersGonnaHate

I wonder where Cilan was headed off to at the end of the episode. I guess he's just going to travel alone and see where the path takes him. I really wish the writers would give us frequent specials :/

13. Mr.Munchlax

Mr.Munchlax Thunder Trainer

Why do I have a feeling that this episode takes place in or near Mahogany Town?

14. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris "Am I supposed to laugh?"

From the look of things, he is not going to get that S Rank. That I assure you.

15. HatersGonnaHate

Someday he will. Traveling is what he wants to do right now so we should support that.

16. Pokegirl Fan~

Pokegirl Fan~ Rei Claus

This was an ok episode. I liked Cilan's and Brock's interactions with each other. Too bad cilan didn't catch that Gyarados.

17. Alfred the Second

Alfred the Second Dracoflare

Probably. We'll probably hear Cilan say that. If this special ever gets dubbed. ahahahahahaha

18. wobbanut

wobbanut Team Awesome

What did the girl pikachu sound like compared to Ash's? I'm curious.

19. 1rkhachatryan

1rkhachatryan Call me Robert guys

So how come this isn't in the specials section lol??

Also wtf?? They didn't even let Dento learn Brock's name?? Seriously wtf writers -_-...

20. Lorde

Lorde Banned

First of all, I'm glad that Cilan didn't get Gyarados because it didn't suit him at all imo. Over all this episode/special was really lackluster for me. I mean two male traveling companions met and yet it felt like a filler almost because the plot wasn't strong enough to hold my interest. The villain of the episode gave me Hunter J vibes at first until he was thwarted by Cilan and his Crustle. That was just sad. Also, kudos to the writers for finding a way to promote Pikachu further by introducing a female one. That was so smooth. :rolleyes: