• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Cilan and the Case of the Purrloin Witness! (786)

Graham Aker

Apparently the cat belongs to the old lady along with the Watchog or atleast thats what it looked like to me, would have liked an explantion but I guess it will be just like Kasumi being afraid of bugs, hes afraid of Purrloin its just weird to me but people that are scared of cats do exist(problem is he just has a problem with this cat).

There seemed to be a reason why he doesn't trust/scared of them or w/e as indicated by that one Meowth episode. I think it's just his version of Brock's Professor Ivy, in that there is an explanation but we'll never get it. Misty was just the generic "Ima afraid of bugs" cliche.

Last edited:

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
It's not a version of anything. They are just leaving it as a noodle incident. It's for comedic purposes and is quite common in media. I DON'T gET WHY THIS MAKES HIM A BROCK ClONE, which is what a lot of you are saying and quite frankly, that's something that makes me mad. He's his own character. :/ I mean even if he doesn't have a reason canonically he's still scared of it. And I do think he got a BIT better from it. :p I mean in this episode we found how much Iris got over hers so yeah. He's not going to be totally over it and neither is she. I think, the only one who got over their fear was Dawn.

Last edited:

Graham Aker

It's not a version of anything. They are just leaving it as a noodle incident. It's for comedic purposes and is quite common in media. I DON'T gET WHY THIS MAKES HIM A BROCK ClONE, which is what a lot of you are saying and quite frankly, that's something that makes me mad. He's his own character. :/ I mean even if he doesn't have a reason he's still scared of it. And I do think he got a BIT better from it. :p I mean in this episode we found how much Iris got over hers so yeah. He's not going to be totally over it.

I never said he was a Brock clone. Relax, I'm just saying this humoros unexplained fear is somewhat akin to Brock's humorous unexplained problems with Professor Ivy. : /

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
And that's what a noodle incident is. >.>

Sorry, I just get tired of hearing that all BW is is a shout out to OS. :/ I like to keep Dento and Iris as their own characters, not just a shadow of the former. >.<;;

Last edited:

gohan5

Irisboy
And that's what a noodle incident is. >.>

Sorry, I just get tired of hearing that all BW is is a shout out to OS. :/ I like to keep Dento and Iris as their own characters, not just a shadow of the former. >.<;;

Nobody's saying that, just that there is no answer because it's just used to give him another quirk.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
There seemed to be a reason why he doesn't trust/scared of them or w/e as indicated by that one Meowth episode. I think it's just his version of Brock's Professor Ivy, in that there is an explanation but we'll never get it. Misty was just the generic "Ima afraid of bugs" cliche.

I said this before episode aired, that it has to be a reason why he fears them its not logical from what was shown that he is just scared, I kinda meant that apparently they are going let it go as that.

Graham Aker

When we first heard of the Marine Cup Tournament thing, I half expected Ash and Iris to blast through it with Charizard and Dragonite, given how short it was going to be. Then we got the VA list. I'm glad Iris used Axew, even if it resulted in a loss. Pikachu being used instead of something else like Leavanny was kinda irksome though.

Lol, I guess when Ash and Iris said they were entering Cilan thought, "well they have Dragonite and Charizard...so yeah lol, no entering for me."Though it's probably only really because there were already 16 people in it.

Last edited:
I said this before episode aired, that it has to be a reason why he fears them its not logical from what was shown that he is just scared, I kinda meant that apparently they are going let it go as that.

comedically reason or scarred for life reason? Which one you think? I say the latter than the former since it's always the worse for anyone, but funny to the other.

diakyu

I liked this episode quite a bit. Some good battling and I like detective Cilan. So I guess Cilan getting scared of Purrloin on the ship will be a running gag throughout DA!

Hikatoshi26

I am happy that Dent finally figured most of everything out for a change lol. Its never good to be always wrong.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Oh look, the writers ignore it again -_-.....seriously at least give a a reason for the hate.

Oh look, the writers ignore it again -_-.....seriously at least give a a reason for the hate.

They didn;t ignore, but it doesn't have to be explained. Like the Ivy thing, leave to you to fill in the blanks.

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
Wait holy crap. Dento actually TOLD them the reason and then it showed their surprised faces I think. xDD THEY HID IT FROM US BECAUSE they couldn't think of something THEY ARE TROLLS. D; I think they just figured the audience could do what they want with it.

Squirtle_007

OK, I´m oficially done (-_-).
It's good to know that Cilan finally solved a mistery, it's good to know that Ash will leave Unova with ONE competitive achievment apart of his gym battles, but ... all this is just ... useless ... I mean, another Cilan-centered episode where he doesn't get a crap?.
This kind of things makes me wonder about what Cilan's real point in the series is, I mean (and this is the only time I'll say it) they could just keep Brock if they only will give Crustle and Stunfisk to the male compannion.
In the strict Pokémon party thing (His connossieur career is fine, he's not the first character that started his run being good in his speciality), Cilan's team is seriously screwed and is almost a given that it won't change at all in the rest of the arc, and is almost a given he will leave with only 3 Pokémon with 2 of them not being usable in Striaton Gym, yes, Pansage, Crustle and Stunfisk all have in almost 3 years a WAY better run than Steelix, Geodude, Crobat, Vulpix, Forretress, Marshtomp, Ludicolo, Sudowoodo, Croagunk and Chansey had in 13, but in 3 years, every other compannion had at least 4 Pokémon with them (¬_¬).

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
They didn;t ignore, but it doesn't have to be explained. Like the Ivy thing, leave to you to fill in the blanks.

Ya that requires clues. The Ivy thing was pretty damn clear. She rejected Brock, it's not even that hard to see.

We have NOTHING here. All we know is something terrible happened.

Squirtle_007

Ya that requires clues. The Ivy thing was pretty damn clear. She rejected Brock, it's not even that hard to see.

We have NOTHING here. All we know is something terrible happened.

- She could be a man
- She could be a sex maniac
- He couldn't "work as a man" on their first ... night
- He could make her pregnant and abandon her
- He could make her pregnant and made her to get rid of the baby
- He discovered they we're actually related

Is not THAT clear

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
- She could be a man
- She could be a sex maniac
- He couldn't "work as a man" on their first ... night
- He could make her pregnant and abandon her
- He could make her pregnant and made her to get rid of the baby
- He discovered they we're actually related

Is not THAT clear

I'm sorry since when the hell are we watching family guy??

THIS IS POKEMON, it's not THAT complicated.