• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Cilan and the Case of the Purrloin Witness! (786)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Cilan the Connoisseur Detective! A Locked Room Mystery on the Open Sea!!

Traveling to the next island in the Decolora Islands, Ash & Co. participate in a small tournament on the ship. After the tournament, a gem collector intends to show off her special gem collection, and her Purrloin seems jealous of one of the jewels. Another gem collector is onboard and continually asks the collector to sell him her special Liepard's Eye gem, but she refuses. However, the gem soon goes missing and accusations fly everywhere. Cilan decides it is down to him to find out who stole the gem...

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
The episode starts with Parker mentioning the Maine Cup Tournament.

The moustached man, Shaul is eyeing the Liepard's eye, that the woman, Ripple is putting in a case with her other jewels.

Meanwhile, a Purrloin is watching Ash and co.

Iris is facing a Vanillite with her Axew.

Cilan and Ash are watching and Cilan spots a Purrloin walking on the deck and is irked.

Vanillite uses Double Team and Axew use Dragon Rage.

Vanillite freezes Axew, so Iris loses.

Pikchu beats an Eelektross and Vanillite beats and Amoonguss.

Purrloin does something in Ripple's room I think.

Ash faces the guy with Vanillite and the guy uses a Galvantula against Ash's Pikachu.

The power goes out and then Watchog is put to sleep after the lights went out from Roselia's SleepingPowder.

Shaul owns Roselia.

Ripple finds the Liepard's eye stolen and Shaul is in the room like he is surprised too.

Pikachu beats Galvantula with an Iron Tail and Ash wins.

Purrloin runs on the field and sniffs something out.

She jumps on the runner up's face and is pulled off by Ash and then she lands on Cilan, who lets out a loud scream.

Ripple is lying in bed with Purrloin and Iris sense Cilan is going to do something and yep, it's Detective time.

Shaul gives a statement to the captain the captain shows Shaul on some Ipad screen, a video of Shaul near the jewels.

Cilan puts together a theory and Ash is happy, until Ash and Iris are disappointed and Cilan is embarrassed.

Cilan sees Purrloin next to him and he freaks out.

The Runner up guy refuses to speak to Ash and co., before Iris remembers that Purrloin tried to attack him earlier.

Cilan uses a magnifying glass on the ground and finds some evidence, probably a footprint.

Cilan brings the people involved to the deck/battlefield and talks to them.

Cilan gives a theory, sating that Vanillite did it.

Cilan says that the runner up guy did it and Purrloin is angry.

The guy laughs and sends out Vanillite, showing that Cilan is right.

The guy with green hair and glasses orders Growlithe to attack the guy and the guy and Vanillite get thrown agains a wall and his disguise falls off.

The green haired guy takes off his disguise and reveals that he is with the international Police I think.

Shaul hugs Ash, I think.

Ripple then hugs Purrloin and Cilan says something at the end to surprise Ash and Iris.

The end.

Last edited:

Graham Aker

So Ash finally won a tournament...

Shocker of the century. But *yawn* Pikachu, should have been something else.

Anyway, hopefully Iris will actually train Axew a bit more after it's defeat. I'm surprised Cilan didn't even enter this tournament.:/

Last edited:

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Did I hear wrong or did Pikachu beat a Torterra, I thing I heard Dodaitose but my stream crashed.

Axew loss is acceptable besides the fact that he hasn't really fougth since the first Don Tournament but it had to lose due to plot and they made the guy strong, a professional thief in the pokemon world should have strong pokemon I guess, plus type advtange.

Wow the guy without the mustache really does look even more like an older Antonio now.

International police agent(like Handsome I believe) was the owner of the Growlithe.

I liked the episode, best of DA till now.

Last edited:
Did I hear wrong or did Pikachu beat a Torterra, I thing I heard Dodaitose but my stream crashed.

Axew loss is acceptable besides the fact that he hasn't really fougth since the first Don Tournament but it had to lose due to plot and they made the guy strong, a professional thief in the pokemon world should have strong pokemon I guess, plus type advtange.

Er...No. There was no Dodaitose. You must have heard something else.

Keyhole guys purposefully ruined the audio. I couldn't understand much but it seems Cilan says some silly reason in the end for his fear of Choroneko.

Alao, a trivia: Our heroes are not travelling in the same ship. They missed their last one. Parker is just like Nurse Joy and Don George..they all look alike.

Also we are seeing Surf after a long time in the next episode!

Last edited:

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
STUPID COMMERICIALS I’M VOM ITInG RAINBOWS
AWWWWWWWWWWWWWW MY POOR BABY
AWWWWWj fhd houghafeughaffrafehgfhg HE H ID BEHIND IRIS OMG Thefdusfuaegufaehgvahgahghaughafhgf
Fjdhagufaehaueguahgufhghfaehf eg HE HID BEHIND IRIS SHE DOESN’T COVER HIM
OOOH CONSPIRACY

Told you it was the fat dude

Ugh why they take so uch time for e the tourney
AWWWWWWWWw HE
CAUGHT I T AAND LOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOL HIS SCREAM
AAAAAAH AWESOME MUSIC this episode is so talky xD
LOL THAT DUDE WAS THE HOUSE DETECTIVE AntoniO?

MMMMHm Dento’s voice <3

Meh not much happened in this epi that I wanted. ;-; Choroneko barely did anything. BUT AT LEAST HE CAUGHT HIM SO NOW I CAN CRY TEARS OF BLOOD.

Then again it'd probably be better if I knew what they were saying. Imo they wasted too much time with the tourney.

EDIT: Wait Dento said why he was afraid? xD I missed that part because Keyhole stopped. :p

Actually this episode isn't a rehash really! So it's got some originality points! I WANT TO SEE IT AGAIN. >.<;;;;

Last edited:

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Wait there was only 4 entrants in the Marine Cup right?

Iris vs Thief
Ash vs CotD

then

Ash vs Thief.

Wait there was only 4 entrants in the Marine Cup right?

Iris vs Thief
Ash vs CotD

then

Ash vs Thief.

No silly. The rest of the battles weren't shown. There were about sixteen participants or so

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
When I said I wanted Dento to catch Choroneko, I never said WITH A POKE BALL.

Shaul hugs Ash, I think.

Nah he hugged Dento. xD

Hey does anyone know why Dento fainted after the international police said something? =O

Also HE SOLVED THE MYSTERY FOR ONCE. 8D LOOK AT HOW MUCH HE GREW FROM SAYING A BEARTIC COULD FIT THROUGh A HOLE anD NOW.

Last edited:

Graham Aker

Everyone happy now? Ash won a tournament.

Lol, I like how the one tournament he did win this saga didn't seem to give anything to the winner ( if I missed it correct me). It also had like the least hype ever. XD

On another note, did Cilan state why he didn't enter? I mean at this point he should be pretty much outclassed by Ash and Iris now.

Graham Aker

You're coming across like people are going to complain that Axew lost. If anything this is a GOOD thing for it (given it hardly ever used), but only if they go somewhere with it. If it's just treated like an afterthought...well, that would suck.

Cilan catching the cat would have been interesting, but meh...this was a rather ho-hum episode. Not explaining why he's afraid of Purrloin, might just be a call-back to the Brock/Prof. Ivy thing. I doubt we'll ever know at this point, given I don't think we'll see anymore of Purrloin with the episodes left. I do hope this is the last detective episode though. : /

Last edited:

p96822

Evolve me please
From people reaction to this episode I see it was an other okay to da episode of the Pokemon anime Best Wishes. I'm happy that Ash finally gets to win something in this saga, even though it was Pikachu and they are sailing between Kanto and Unova. I want Iris to win another tournment before see left :O! At least Team Rocket wasn't in this episode XD

gohan5

Irisboy
Cilan catching the cat would have been interesting, but meh...this was a rather ho-hum episode. Not explaining why he's afraid of Purrloin, might just be a call-back to the Brock/Prof. Ivy thing. I doubt we'll ever know at this point, given I don't think we'll see anymore of Purrloin with the episodes left. I do hope this is the last detective episode though. : /

That's a safe bet. His reactions to Purrloin vary depending on the episode, from mere mistrust to outrageous fear like this episode. It'll likely never be explained as it's just a roundabout way to try to give Cilan another quirk.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
You're coming across like people are going to complain that Axew lost. If anything this is a GOOD thing for it (given it hardly ever used), but only if they go somewhere with it. If it's just treated like an afterthought...well, that would suck.

Do you think we won't get complains that he lost? but no I was just saying that it was acceptable because his loss was fine even if he did need a win basicly but I don't have much of a problem with how the loss happened.

Apparently the cat belongs to the old lady along with the Watchog or atleast thats what it looked like to me, would have liked an explantion but I guess it will be just like Kasumi being afraid of bugs, hes afraid of Purrloin its just weird to me but people that are scared of cats do exist(problem is he just has a problem with this cat).

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
But Dento did catch Purrloin:

[IMG139]http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g430/00poke_maniac/7-35_zps8e21e375.png[/IMG139]

[IMG139]http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g430/00poke_maniac/8-32_zps586b7415.png[/IMG139]

I do think he got a bit better with his phobia at the end.