• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Cilan and the Case of the Purrloin Witness! (786)

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
It could be that it wasn't explained because it was too much for Pokemon. Brock has been rejected on screen before. Come on man it's fun to think about.:]

Lol it's like you guys don't know how simple the writers are or something :p.

Squirtle_007

I'm sorry since when the hell are we watching family guy??

THIS IS POKEMON, it's not THAT complicated.

OK, let's make it "Pokémon-y"
- She's married and her husband kicked his butt
- She's a single mother
- He got fired off the lab after a big mistake
- She's "married with her job"

RVD_fan

Another pretty fun episode. We actually get some battling, some funny Cilan moments and character interactions (I thought the intense Pokemon League music during Cilan's monologue in the middle of the episode was great), and a decent filler plot.

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
Just checked out the pics for this episode.

Kibago got used and got hammered by Banipuuchi's Ice-type moves, that's better than Kibago having no formal battles at all as far I'm concerned. At least he managed decently and hey, Iris cringing at the appearance of Banipuuchi and the joke with her ginormous hair was nice too. Meh at Pikachu being used the whole tournament, why not Gamagaru or Lizardon? There are a million better choices than Pikachu. It's an Electric-type against another Electric-type(And Bug-type)....Nice to see Satoshi came out on top, wonder why Dento didn't enter? Gardie's Fire Fang looked cool. I'm not surprised Dento's Choroneko fear was left ambiguous, it's nothing really to get upset about and I half-expected it just to be a reference to the black cat superstition anyway. I only really wanted it revealed so he could get some development, but no point in crying over spilled milk. It's good he got an episode since he hasn't had one for a while.

jrizza88

Meteorite
Wasn't that old man going to steal the jewel if he could? I think it's funny how he went unscathed in this situation. It was nice to see Ash win a tournament, despite how random and unimportant it seemed to be, and yes, I know Don battles aren't any better, but still. I did like the overall episode, and although Pikachu will always be my favorite and slay all of Ash's pokemon, I want to see more Snivy, Charizard, and reserves fighting.

7.5 / 10

Last edited:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I knew this episode would be boring, and I was sort of right imo. The previews totally ruined the mystery and there wasn't much left to look forward to. I didn't find Cilan funny or anything, nor was the plot strong enough to pull me in. Still, there were some highlights. I liked that Ash and Iris participated in the tournament even if Iris's battle was sad and Ash used Pikachu again instead of giving his other Pokemon a chance to battle. And yeah, I realize that Ash's Pikachu helped the thief set his plan into motion, but he could have easily done it with just his Galvantula in my opinion. Anyway, Ash won the tournament right? So maybe people can stop complaining about him not winning any tournaments in BW lol. The worst part of the episode was that once again, and as I predicted a dozen times in the other thread, we never learned why Cilan hates Purrloin. I mean seriously, the writers need to stop playing around and just reveal the reason. Anyway, I give this episode four kisses out of ten. I'm seriously starting to lose hope in DA. :c

naughtynun

Its like the writers make their executive decisions just to irritate me. The only of Ash's Pokemon we see battle, or indeed, at all was Pikachu. That is my definition of stupid pointless filler. If no moves are learnt, no captures are made, nothing evolves and only Pikachu appears, then a episode is a filler and I don't want to see it.

This saga is shaping up to be entirely atrocious fillers and Oshawott-spam. And the league was cut short for this tat....

Last edited:

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
It wasn't bad, I guess. Even though the mystery was spoiled, I wish they devoted more time to fleshing it out. Instead of having a useless tournament, just have that Antonio look-a-like challenge Ash. It would save Iris the embarrassment and Ash for having an excuse to use Pikachu only.

It was kind of pointless though. Nothing developed in Cilan. I don't get why only the Liepard Eye was stolen too.

Rohanator

I knew this episode would be boring, and I was sort of right imo. The previews totally ruined the mystery and there wasn't much left to look forward to. I didn't find Cilan funny or anything, nor was the plot strong enough to pull me in. Still, there were some highlights. I liked that Ash and Iris participated in the tournament even if Iris's battle was sad and Ash used Pikachu again instead of giving his other Pokemon a chance to battle. And yeah, I realize that Ash's Pikachu helped the thief set his plan into motion, but he could have easily done it with just his Galvantula in my opinion. Anyway, Ash won the tournament right? So maybe people can stop complaining about him not winning any tournaments in BW lol. The worst part of the episode was that once again, and as I predicted a dozen times in the other thread, we never learned why Cilan hates Purrloin. I mean seriously, the writers need to stop playing around and just reveal the reason. Anyway, I give this episode four kisses out of ten. I'm seriously starting to lose hope in DA. :c
Pretty sure their purpose here was to make clear that they're not going to reveal it to us. Cilan told Ash and Iris but the camera cut off until they had learned the terrifying truth off screen.

I don't get why only the Liepard Eye was stolen too.
Because it was Vanillite alone stealing it, it could only carry that one in its mouth I guess.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
This saga is shaping up to be entirely atrocious fillers and Oshawott-spam. And the league was cut short for this tat....

Oshawott wasn't even in this episode so how can you criticize him? [IMG139]http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/l559/truckscraggy/2095c354.gif[/IMG139]

It was kind of pointless though. Nothing developed in Cilan. I don't get why only the Liepard Eye was stolen too.

I agree about Cilan. I mean I did predict that he wouldn't develop, but it's still sad that some of us can predict these things with such accuracy. I mean Cilan's detective thing didn't last very long and then suddenly some police officer guy comes in and practically snatches away Cilan's big moment. Kudos to Cilan for solving the mystery at least, but he still didn't do nearly enough to justify this episode in my opinion. And kiiii @ that plot hole. Seriously, I wondered the same thing. Like, why not run off with all those jewels?

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Guys, did you not see what happened, Vanillite snuck him the jewel, it can't carry them all. Hello?

I get that, but if a Pokemon can bring items into their Pokeballs, then why not give Vanillite the briefcase to hide inside the Pokeball? Then he could have just smuggled it off the ship if Cilan hadn't caught him. For the sake of plot, I suppose.

naughtynun

Seriously stop following the series if the writers decisons bother you? So it's filer if for that, that's BS.

Why do you disagree with my definition of filler? A filler is an episode in which nothing of consequence happens. If nothing evolves or is caught, no moves are learnt and no Pokemon on Ash's team other than Pikachu appears even, let alone is trained, nothing of consequence has occurred.

Here's a question, if I said 'I like cheese' would you start disagreeing with me over that? Its just you are purposely trying to irritate me by constantly disagreeing with everything I say. You are just winding up for the sake of it. I have report your comment for being spam and flaming.

Oshawott wasn't even in this episode so how can you criticize him? [IMG139]http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/l559/truckscraggy/2095c354.gif[/IMG139]
If you re-read the post you'll see I said this SAGA, given the number of episode Oshawott is likely to be in.

Everlasting

Everything stays.
That wasn't a so bad episode, I mean Cilan at least got a role. That was very little, the tournament took too much place to me. I did like the way Purrloin was just and honest. Do we know the reason of Cilan's fear ? Did he mentioned it at the end of the episode (if no, what did he said) ?
Ash finally won a "tournament", if we can call this like that. It isn't excting me up, however. Axew battled, Pikachu, once again, stole the show, and what was that move Galventula used before it got knocked out ?
Anyway, I won't call this a bad episode but I guess we've seen a lot better, right ? :p

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Its like the writers make their executive decisions just to irritate me. The only of Ash's Pokemon we see battle, or indeed, at all was Pikachu. That is my definition of stupid pointless filler. If no moves are learnt, no captures are made, nothing evolves and only Pikachu appears, then a episode is a filler and I don't want to see it.

The episode wasn't about the battle, the battle was a plot device.

naughtynun

The episode wasn't about the battle, the battle was a plot device.

That's not the point. The point is that it is utterly disgraceful that Pikachu should take even one of the battles, let alone both, given the terrible battle record of the majority of his team. Why would resurrecting Palpitoad or Boldore and getting them to battle instead of the rat yet again take away from the plot?

TheFonz

Pokemon Semi-Master
That's not the point. The point is that it is utterly disgraceful that Pikachu should take even one of the battles, let alone both, given the terrible battle record of the majority of his team. Why would resurrecting Palpitoad or Boldore and getting them to battle instead of the rat yet again take away from the plot?

This is what they usually do though. If there's some sort of battle or competition, but it's not the focus of the episode, Ash almost always uses Pikachu. Like in beginning of the 8th movie. Probably the same reason Iris used Axew, I feel like it's because they try to keep it simple

I do like that Pikachu beat an Eelektross and Galvantual though. I dislike when it loses against electric types that aren't very tough

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan

Because the battle didn't matter, Palpitoad, Boldore appeared in battles that mattered, gyms, league, etc, obviously this doesn't mean I wouldn't like to see them instead of Pikachu but its another case of its not a big deal.

BlueDragonfangirl

Well, I guess if any thing came out of this, Ash finally won a tournament! Three cheers for victory! Too bad it was in a subplot but still, that counts right? I'm confused though, I thought this was a Dento episode, didn't feel like one to be honest, I hope he gets a better episode later on before he leaves cuz this is just sad, he had some funny moments though. Poor Axew, she really needs to train the thing.

Over all, so and so episode.