1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Cilan Takes Flight (728)

Discussion in 'Pokémon Black & White - Rival Destinies' started by Serebii, Feb 23, 2012.

1. Zoruagible

Zoruagible Lover of underrated characters

I was disappointed on how Skyla was treated in this episode. I wish Cilan defeated her. I loved her voice though.
    I found it hilarious when Iris said “And now it's boring lecture time.”

2. I don't have anything else to say about this episode except that, I do have to admit, Skyla s hot. :)

3. JudySpell

JudySpell Banned

Cilan was acting superior and bossy here with Skyla which I didn't like at all. I didn't think she was doing anything bad with her Gym. 6/10

4. Pikachu979

Pikachu979 Sinnoh Champion

It was kind of sad that cilan was trying to teach her a lesson and ended up losing.

5. Mrs. Oreo

Mrs. Oreo Banned

Finally Ash's group arrived at Mistralton city and I liked seeing Skyla fly her plane. Her method of choosing gym winners seemed kind of unfair, so I understood why Cilan got upset, plus I liked that he battled her. :]

6. Leonhart

Leonhart Disney fanatic

Now that Satoshi and his friends were in Fukiyose City, I expected Satoshi to battle Fuuro right away, but that didn't happen since she was neglecting her Gym Leader duties. I can't fault Dent for getting upset with Fuuro's behavior, and I'm glad that he battled her. It's just too bad that he ended up losing.

FullmetalJackie likes this.
  7. Wednesdayz

Wednesdayz Banned

It was great to see the male Unfezant for the 1st time. Cilan was incredibly angry. His firey eyes, volcanic background when he blew his top and couldn't take it anymore, and his hilarious angry walk with arms stiffly down and walking stiffly. Skyla's voice was really high pitched and hurt my ears. :p

8. ZilverLox

ZilverLox Banned

The main thing that stood out here to me is how they seemed to not actually point out the main reason why air battles didn't make sense: the otherwise drilled into us idea that type advantage isn't everything, yet there was next to no mention of it. Ash just calling the idea boring isn't a good argument against it, from someone who has constantly beaten the odds on type match ups, you'd think he would actually say something about that.

9. Alloutℯ

Alloutℯ Banned

Cilan's voice actor did a great job in here (especially loved Jason Griffith's voice delivery during Cilan's moment of shock after he lost). I just love Cilan's raging side.

10. Leonhart

Leonhart Disney fanatic

Given Fuuro's unprofessional manner of handling her Gym Leader duties, you have to wonder why Joi or some other official Gym inspector didn't close down the Fukiyose Gym or fire Fuuro. The lack of formal intervention seemed odd.

11. FullmetalJackie

FullmetalJackie Red & Green

I thought that this was a good episode. It feels like Ash arrived in Mistralton City a bit too soon, but the pacing for the BW series goes way too fast anyway. Skyla's victory felt a little cheap since Aqua Jet doesn't cure status problems in the games, but they obviously couldn't have Skyla lose to Cilan before she battles Ash, since that would make her seem mediocre.

12. Leonhart

Leonhart Disney fanatic

This is my criticism as well since he had just left Hodomoe City a few episodes prior to this one, and he suddenly showed up here in Fukiyose City and we barely even saw the city's main attractions.