• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Cilan Takes Flight (728)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Mistralton Gym Air-Battle! Challenger Cilan!?

Finally arriving in Mistralton City, Ash & Co. get to the gym and learn from Skyla that the gym battle is to be a special "Air Battle" where she is challenged by multiple trainers at once. Ash is somewhat intrigued by this and books a slot where he can participate in order for him to earn his new badge. However, Cilan gets angered by this and challenges Skyla to a battle the proper way to see if she is even capable of being a proper gym leader. Will she prove herself?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
The episode starts with Ash and co. walking down a path and they see a plane in the sky.

They follow it to Mistralton city and of course, Ash is excited to get his next badge.

Evll33t

Episode starts off with the trio arriving to town and seeing a plane flying into town. Ash is ready to get his next badge.
Ash arrives and there is a long line of "challengers".
Skyla lands and greets the challengers.
She calls out her pokemon and Ash dex's them and the pokedex shows Unfezent in both forms.
I love how Skyla thinks how all the pokemon the challenger used sweeped her team in her mind and she gives him a badge.
Skyla denies a girl trainers team, then its a montage of her going through the rest of the challengers.

Last edited:

playerking

Is that the engineer, I think so.

I'm guessing Mile is that kid or someone later on.

What did Ash check on his Pokedex?

The plane stops and Skyla comes out.

Skyla brings out her Pokemon, Ash Pokdexex's them all.

A trainer has a Zebstrika, Boldore and Emolga.

KKS-Lapras

Well, she waists no time in showing off her Pokemon, does she? What in the heck, she must have little to no faith in her Pokemon if she bases everything off of type advantage. I can agree with Dento, this is getting pretty darn annoying and proves no level of skill on either side.

Last edited:

playerking

Another kid has a Sewaddle, Pansear and Leavanny.

Told you a Leavanny would appear.

realarcastform

Rotom Trainer
The gang is at the gym, a buttload of trainers are at the front door.
Here's Skyla.
Ash, you've seen Swoobat and Swanna before!!
What a defeatist.
She didn't do anything!!!
Cilan is PISSED!!!!!
I bet you if Skyla saw Rotom Fan Forme, she would use it in her team, considering her style of dress.
Cilan teach that fool a lesson!!!
Seriously, man why don't you have a 4th pokemon, Pansage had no chance. Swoobat AND Unfezant bested by Crustle. Crustle is defeated by Swanna. Come on you freak of nature, take that bird down!!
Stunfisk you stink!!
Well it looks like Pikachu won't be used in this gym battle. I was wrong and look at that Ash's Tranquil evolves in that episode.

Last edited:

Evll33t

Cilan is beginning to reach his limit and goes to talk to Skyla.
And shes off in her plane already x.x

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Skyla, stop talking!

Your voice is irritating!

playerking

I love Skyla's voice.

Cilan was maaaaaaaaad.

Flashback to Unfezant beating a Darumaka.

I guess the old man is Mile.

Skyla is back from flying again and Cilan wants a word.

KKS-Lapras

Cilan using eruption is an understatement from all appearances, lol.

Sushi

unspecified
Staff member
Super Mod
Mile is Skyla's grandfather and is against her methods too. He was the former Mistralton Gym Leader. As some people had speculated, Skyla gave up on battles when she became so busy that she had no time to fly any more.

Evll33t

Skyla agrees to the battle and the crowd is pleased.
Cilan calls out his pokemon and its commercial time.

playerking

Cilan brings out all of his Pokemon.

Dare Da? Stunfisk.

Mile is her grandfather and he doesn't like her methods? Interesting.

Skyla imagines Cilan using.

Looks like Unfezant used Peck and Swoobat Hypnosis in the fantasies.

The battle starts, Mile is the judge.

Pansage comes out first.

Gust knocks Pansage out.

Last edited:

Evll33t

Skyla believes she will sweep Cilan's team. Starting off is Pansage and Soobat. Swobat easily doges Pansages moves. Pansage loses.

KKS-Lapras

Skyla had better be careful, or she may become the target of a Cilan outrage. Ah, well, at least she finally appears to have decided to go through with an actual battle.

Evll33t

Now its Crustle turn and it rock wreaker's for a one hit ko. Now its Unfezent and Cilan uses Rock wreaker again. And I missed what time it was D:

playerking

Crustle knocks out Swoobat and out comes Unfezant.

It's Tasting Time!

Scissor Cross and I think Shell Smash, takes out Unfezant.

That was X-Scissor, wow.

Crustle lost.

Last edited: