• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Cilan Takes Flight (728)

WaterDragon trainer

Freak Like Me
I liked this episode. How Skyla manages to be a gym leader the way she battles I'll never know, but I was hoping Cilan would crush her in their battle. Sadly, he didn't. At least we'll see Ash do it in the next episode.

ArielSummer

Anyone else notice the *** shots they had of Skyla? I swear they zoomed in on her so much it was weird. They never seemed to do it with the other girls. Is Skyla that popular in Japan? Cilan took a lose so hard. Never saw him lose like that.

Anyone else notice the *** shots they had of Skyla? I swear they zoomed in on her so much it was weird. They never seemed to do it with the other girls. Is Skyla that popular in Japan? Cilan took a lose so hard. Never saw him lose like that.

lol
I guess they do like her that much in Japan. What I really paid attention to was her hair. xD

Vipsoccermaster

Fine episode. I didn't like the way Skyla is handling her battles by imagination. It's not how you get strong that way. Sad that Cilan lost, but that's okay, as next week will be different!

lisalynn

Commenting as I watch:

- Have I mentioned my undying love for Ash in awhile?? Loved him getting fired up as Skyla introduces her pkmn.

- Have I mentioned my undying love for Cilan yet this week?? OF ALL THE RIDICULOUS.... Cilan rage... ~~swoon~~

- How do the gym leaders not know who each other are, or anything about their battling styles at all? I'm not the only one who consistently finds this odd, right?

- SKYLA, PLEASE. I love when Cilan gets *****y. If this were written for an older audience he would be the best passive-aggressive condescending character.

- I like Rock Wrecker. Not the animation or anything, but saying it is awesome. ROCK WRECK THIS BITTTTCCHHHH!! If pkmn were real I'd definitely need to have one that knew it.

- Unfezant is straight retarded looking.

- Skyla's win is literally the biggest bs I have ever seen.

Well, I hope Ash thoroughly trashes her next week.

Orton155

Pokemon Enthusiast
This episode was awesome!!!! As said by someone else, Skyla is a very unlikeable character at the moment because she has gym battles which she imagines in her head without the actual battle taking place. When she imagines that she is the victor there is a great arrogance which surrounds her.

This enrages Cilan and to prove Skyla wrong they have a gym leader battle which involved a lot of action and I honestly thought that Cilan was going to Win but alas, that was not the case as Swanna managed to use aqua ring too heal itself.

In my opinion, I think Cilan's downfall was his own arrogance in his evaluation but also he allowed his mind to be clouded when he was fully focused on winning to prove Skyla wrong. I think this is what resulted in Cilan's reaction at the end of the battle (pure disbelief).

Finally, Ash is going to try and succeed where Cilan failed. This will be a very interesting gym battle come next week :D. Bring it on!

R?IDDl3R

ace trainer
good episode , hate skylas cockiness , cilan would have easily defeated her , if it wasnt for her bullsh*t aqua ring.... cant wait for te next episode were ash throws down with her !

Battra

Another badly written episode just to show off Cilan's arrogant & preachy and how Ash is always right and everyone else is wrong. Though I suppose that's exactly what the writer was going for when they purposely made Skyla look bad by having the battles inside her head and making it look like she's just plain lazy for not wanting to battle. Also it's not going help when Ash show's her how wrong she was next episode. Unfortunately Sarah Natochenny voice for Skyla makes her sound like a valley girl & the Japanese voice is exactly the same which is probably what they were going for in making Skyla look wrong in the way she battles.

32er

TM87? I got TM32 :]
Skyla's dub voice was the most annoying voice I have ever heard.
It reminds me of Misty's sisters.

Last edited:

gpt11

I dont get why they just didnt report Skyla to the Pokemon Inspection Agency... they would have turned up declared Skyla an unfit Gym Leader and just closed the Gym until she either improved and started to battle again or found a new Gym Leader.

Problem solved and that would have probally made a way better episode :)

Haunter ゴースト

I dont get why they just didnt report Skyla to the Pokemon Inspection Agency... they would have turned up declared Skyla an unfit Gym Leader and just closed the Gym until she either improved and started to battle again or found a new Gym Leader.

You have just solved everything.

Jesus.

The only thing I could argue against that with is that it's possible the PIA only check to see if a Gym Leader is strong enough, which Skyla clearly is.

gpt11

You have just solved everything.

Jesus.

The only thing I could argue against that with is that it's possible the PIA only check to see if a Gym Leader is strong enough, which Skyla clearly is.

From what we have seen from the Anime and Specials they check everything :) its also been mentioned that they have closed gyms

also if Skyla is refusing to battle thats a valid reason to close the Gym as she is there to test/teach the trainers with a real head to head battle not some made up mind game!

like Cilan said a Gym Badge should be a symbol of high honour for Trainer and their Pokemon as its something they earn as a team!

Last edited:

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down

Because maybe what she was doing didn't break any rules.

gpt11

Im pretty sure what Skyla was doing was breaking the rules just giving her badges away without a battle she might aswel have done a Vaulkner and and just left them in a box outside!

A Gym Leader is ment to battle!!!! not "air battle"

Grey Wind

I... never understood this point of view, tbh. How could her guessing the outcome not be breaking the rules? The whole point of Gyms is for trainers to challenge them with their Pokemon and earn a badge. A Gym leader clearly neglecting her duties to go off gallivanting in her aeroplane is breaking the rules. A Gym leader guessing the outcome of matches is clearly breaking the rules. How is it fair to the trainers if they don't get a chance to prove their worth and have to hope that Skyla simply thinks that they're going to win?

Ash proved that Skyla's 'air battles' can be wrong. It's wrong of Skyla to use fallible techniques to judge whether or not to give a trainer their badge. I honestly don't see how you can justify her ignorance towards proper Gym battles :/

MegaSerperior

<--- My life
I really loved this episode. The only thing is, I loved Skyla from the games. She was my second favorite gym leader! I hate seeing her portrayed like this so I was hoping Cilan would kick her *ss.

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
Oh gosh. I actually decided to watch the dub for this one. XDDD It's bad I burst out laughing at some parts

The first part was the....well growling/grunting when Cilan was annoyed. It made me laugh. xD Like WHAT WAS THAT? I remember Dento doing more of an annoyed "keh"...J. Griff. did a pretty good job angry, but it didn't hold a candle stick to MamoMiya's "I can't accept this." Cilan sounded mad. Dento sounded like he was going to go out and murder someone.

The second part was:

Pansage: Pansage!
Stunfisk: Stunfisk!
Crustle: HJHsfjdeharwuhghegheg

I cracked up....so hard. XDDD Like WHAT WAS THAT now?

For something I liked more I actually liked Skyla's voice a bit more. It was kind of valley girl, but I'm fine with valley girl. The pitchiness was terrible in Japanese (for me) to where it hurt my ears. Dx So it was an ok dub...but still I'm not used to this (and I forgot people did that weird growl thing to show they are annoyed. xD)