• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Cilan Versus Trip, Ash Versus Georgia!! (701)

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
I'm waiting on Juputoru's "review" lol.

Oh and also what did Langley say after Bianca ran after Zorua in the hallway?

Raichu:)

Fire Type Expert
I'm waiting on Juputoru's "review" lol.

me too, that guys hilarious XD

Snivy is facing tougher and tougher opponents and shes getting it handed to her, if she can only win with attract (with males) and/or a pokemon getting stuck on the ground then shes not really doing well as a snivy, maybe its time for her to 'grow' and move on

how cool is gurrdurs nose :')

AgentPierce

Mad science FTW!
No, no, and NO!!!! God Damn you writers, character interaction is only good if it has importance not to fudge with the battles, and fill up time.

Fudge, now I can see why I hate this tournament now. It was never about battling but character interactions. I mean honestly seriously the battles were cheap and short because of character interactions. And here I thought it was because of all the battles they had to get through. Clearly NOT THE CASE.

Characters should always, always be of more importance than the battles they participate in. So I'm quite pleased with how this tournament is turning out.

G50

No longer posting
This episode was great! It was cool to finally see my favorite Unova Electric Pokemon Zeburaika in action! It was cool to see Dotekkotsu and Komatana for the 1st time. Komatana looks great in the Anime! Zeburaika's Shock Wave was the coolest Electric attack ever! No Electric Pokemon has ever done an Electric attack that great before! It was great to see Zeburaika win against Bianca and Chillarmy. It was cool to see Luke win against Hihidaruma with his Gobitto, even though it was a very short clip. It was great to see Cilan's Ishizumai defeat Trip's Dotekkotsu. Ishizumai was really getting pummeled, but then Cilan did his little show off thing, gained confidence and was able to get through and Ishizumai used Rock Tomb to trap Dotekkotsu and be able to finally take him down. It was cool to see Emolga take down Watchog, even though it was very short. Komatana vs Tsutarja was great, I am not happy that it ended on a cliffhanger! Especially since we have to wait 2 weeks to find out what happens... Komatana's Iron Head Attack and Guillotine attack look really cool.

There were so many hilarious parts of this episode. Zorua turned into Luke and was actually using the camera to tape Cilan and Ishizumai, Luke's reaction was priceless! Burgandy's temper tantrums about Cilan were crazy and funny with all of the bizarre faces she was making at the same time. As usual Iris made a weird face when both were happening. It was hilarious when Iris used Zorua disguised as Langley to make fun of the real Langley. Zorua's pranks never ever get old since I love that Pokemon so much :D ! It was funny to see Bianca again trying to go after Zorua, ends up mistaking Kibago for her and fights with Iris while Zorua got away. It was cool to see how Ishizumai fixes his rock home. It was funny when the rock got caught on Komatana's Head.

89/100

Last edited:

BlueDragonfangirl

All the interactions were great, Dento V.S Trip and Ash V.S Langley were awesome, can't wait to see how Ash defeats her. Too bad, Iris battle was off screen, would have liked to seen how her Pokemon suddenly decided to listen to her meh. Next weeks looks pretty fun. Oh yah, Trip's reaction to every thing was disapointing and I don't know where this rivalry is going. Over all a fun episode though.

magicallypuzzled

i found rock tomb or rock slide which ever it was to be rather random and come from no where still it's rather consistant with how cilan has always been portrayed so it doesn't bother me too much.

also let me just say bell with her constant zorua this zorua that is really really really annoying me thank you for losing early please get lost as soon as possable.

as for snivy's battle was as amazing as i though it could be at parts kind of lack luster at others (not a huge fan of the beat the girl while she's stuck thing).

but while every one seems to be saying snivy is getting a beating. having to rely on a pokemon gettting stuck to win i don;t seee it that way. snivy directly made pawniard get stuck the first time it was a ligitimate tactic. for all we know it's the same the second time so i just see snivy being awesome like i have come to expect.

and how ever you see her attack potential with out attract. you got admit she knows how to take a hit and hang in there. probably better than any of ash's other pokemon with the possable exception of tepig.

gliscor&yanmega

You think it would be a crime for an episode to be this awesome...well good thing there isn't other wise we'd miss out on all this awesome stuff.

Cilan alone makes this episode perfect for me. Anything else is just bonus.

Got a little worried for Dwebble when it's shell got cracked, was wondering if that would lead to something in another episode but it ended up fixing it itself. I was shocked by the new move it used, not sure what it was but it was awesome, seriously, giant rocks coming out of nowhere falling on you...oh man Cilan and his Pokemon can't get any more awesome...then again I always say that and they always do get more awesome...it's kind of scary.

Interactions...oh how I love interactions. Bianca loves Zorua...she's clearly going to steal it. I love how Bianca is pretty much interacting with everyone...although I don't think she interacted with Trip at all, well some other time. I wished she used a new Pokemon, but whatever, Minccino brought some laughs for me.

Burgundy is crazy...she really wants Cilan to be inflected with as much pain as possible, she was basically cheering on Gurdurr to kill Dweblle...she needs to be placed in a cushioned room...but she's awesome like this.

Langley was great too. I like how we see she doesn't always have something crawling up her. She seemed almost normal during the Bianca chasing Zorua scene, not sure what she said but nothing about her physically said "crazy girl". So her Pawniard is female, not surprising. The battle looks intense, I was wondering if there would be a cliffhanger, I was going back and forth in the end I thought there wasn't going to be one...then there was.

Kenyan...poor guy, no one can say his name right. Butch and him would be great friends...or is it Botch...whatever. I wish he used a new Pokemon but whatever, Zebstrika was fun to watch, plus it was funny seeing it get tickled and slapped.

Iris...she must represent the Cilan haters or something, she's always annoyed when Cilan gets into his mood, Iris is great but she needs to learn her place, Cilan runs this show either love him or get out. She uses Emolga...well I guess you can use the same Pokemon as much you want then.

Ash is pregnant, he wants to know if Trip will be there for him, nope he walks out on him. Well this is a new twist in the rivalry, by the end Trip will take care of the child...while Ash doesn't return to see them again for 4 years even though it's really only been 4 days.

Speaking of Trip, I'm shocked he didn't stay...oh wait no I'm not. Exactly the kind of thing I would see him do. He seemed disappointed in losing(Pretty much most people would be), but he didn't seem like a sore loser or anything he knew Cilan was going to be a tough one.

Luke was great too, filming everyone. So he does use Golett it seems, cool. Zorua was awesome, all it's tricks, I really hope Luke stays so Zorua can stay, plus Luke is cool too.

Some battles were pretty short, and I'm fine with that since two were with "COTD" so I'm not really crazy about that, I wish that Kenyan vs Bianca would have been fully shown or at less mostly shown like Cilan vs Trip but whatever.

Overall, the episode was great for me, worth the two weeks of waiting. Now...two more weeks of waiting for the next episode, if it's as good as this then I'm fine with the wait.

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
-We're getting right into the action with Trip VS Dento!
-Two opponents who are being CIVIL to each other? Pfft, lame.
-Oh wait, here's Cabernet to smack talk Dento from the stands.
-Dwebble vs Gurdurr. I'd pretend to be surprised if this wasn't spoiled weeks ahead of time.
-Gurdurr's Dynamicpunch cracked Dwebble's shell pretty easily.
-Luke's filming all of this for some reason...and Bianca gets in his way to ask where Zorua is. why the hell does she care?
-Back at the battle, Trip seems confident...but so does Dento, to the point where it's tasting time again!
-Ahahahahaha Cabernet's angry wiggle dance.
-Bianca's looking for Zorua and happens upon Langely...who seems rather happy and friendly, so it's clearly an impostor!
-Langley shakes her head "no", so Bianca keeps looking for Zorua and finds Langley a short distance down the hall. Bianca's just bright enough to realize that there shouldn't be two Langleys walking around, so Langley Who Is Way Too Cheery reveals herself to be Zorua!
-Back at the battle...HOLY SHIT DWEBBLE CAN SUMMON BOULDERS FROM THIN AIR.
-Dento wins, then gets double camera attacked - once by Trip(who takes a picture to commemorate losing, I guess?), and then by Luke(who's filming everything because HEY GUYS I HAVE A VIDEO CAMERA). ...isn't Luke chuckling a bit oddly?
-Yep, that Luke was Zorua.
-Cabernet is Not Pleased that Dento won. I swear she's going to have an anyurism if she keeps being this angry.
-Next is Kenyan versus Bianca, with Minccino vs Zebstrika. And...goddamn, those doubleslaps look like they hurt.
-Alas, Minccino loses. Kenyan wins. And even the referree pronounces his name wrong!
-Next is Luke vs Some Random Loser. Luke wins.
-Now there's Iris vs Creepy Watchog Cosplayer. Iris wins. And with that, the first round has been rather quickly wrapped up.
-Later on, Trip's leaving, confusing Ash who doesn't understand why someone would want to go train more instead of watching a bunch of matches involving people they don't particularly care about.
-Look at all that food Kenyan's eating. No wonder he's fat!
-Ash is inspired to...try to eat more than Kenyan? I'm not even going to pretend to understand how his mind works anymore.
-Why is Bianca so goddamned obsessed with Zorua?
-Later, everyone's winding down in their bedroom(Ash by regretting the sheer amount of food he ate, Iris by admiring Dwebble's shell repair, and Dento by having a cup of tea) and wait when the hell did Cabernet find their room.
-Yes, Cabernet literally went into their room just to insult Dento for 30 seconds.
-In the morning, Ash is excited for his battles. Of course. But then Langley shows up and she and Iris hate on each other while Dento just stares at them.
-And then Zorua shows up to help Iris mock Langley some more. God, I love this rivalry.
-Matchup time! How convenient that the two remaining faceless losers are paired with each other, leaving the important people to have their own matches.
-It's Ash vs Langley, and of course, Langley starts out with the upper hand - Pawniard cuts away Leaf Storm like it ain't no thing(while the credits music from the games kicks in because it's dramatic, I guess).
-Why even give Snivy attract if 90% of its opponents will be conveniently female?
-ahhahahaha Pawniard seriously just got a rock stuck on its head?
-And then we get a cliffhanger. Too bad future episode titles already tell us who wins

Overall, a pretty solid tournament episode(even if battles don't really give me much to comment on). Though I wonder why they bothered making the distinct weird Watchog guy if his battle was going to be over in ten seconds.
On the bright side, Iris, Langley, and Cabernet all have the best faces.

EDIT:
EDIT: Yeah, I'm waiting for Juputoru's review as well. Usually I watch the episode and wait for him to put up his review, before I post in a discussion thread.
*her. :p And don't feel like you have to wait to post anything until I get off my *** and post my review.

where did you guys see all this? i apparently missed out.
Keyhole TV's the only legal place to watch it unless you happen to live in Japan.

Last edited:

Trainer Andy

Punch-a yo buns!
I love how Gurdurr looks in this episode, I can't wait to see that thing as a Conkeldurr.
There must have been some reason they left the fight on a cliffhanger, be interesting to see if anybodies theory is right.

gliscor&yanmega

I love how Gurdurr looks in this episode, I can't wait to see that thing as a Conkeldurr.
There must have been some reason they left the fight on a cliffhanger, be interesting to see if anybodies theory is right.

They left it at a cliffhanger to build suspense, common thing in shows, especially Anime.

ShadowScar Knight

Mexican Buddha!
Bwahahaha, I was actually hoping Cilan would win his match. Glad to see the guy has more time to shine... Rock Tomb really helped out there.

And whoo, Pawniard debut! Such a deadly little thing. It'd be cool to see her as a lethal, grown-up Bisharp.

Moltanic

OTTER MODE ACTIVATE!
After that battle I think it's safe to say that Dwebble is Cilan's strongest Pokemon. I'm hoping for an evolution in the future but I think that's best saved for the Next Pokemon thread.

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
A good episode. I wish Zorua would stop trolling everyone with Illusion, and that Bianca would not try to catch it.

Other than that, it was an excellent episode.

Tykira

Wishful thinking FTW
I just watched this episode today, but I didn't see the previous episode where Ash battled Cabernet. Has anybody seen it? Was it even aired at all? GoodAnime.Net didn't have that episode uploaded nor did Serebii.net have the pics for that episode. Can somebody help me out here? xD

Shego

The Pokémon Explorer
Burgundy rooting for Trip in that match? That's fits. I shall congratulate Cilan for being a first friend of our hero beaten his main rival/enemy. Ash trying to confort him but Trip just ignore him and left. Poor guy after he trying to cheer him up. Iris and Langley rivalry getting more intense. Luke filming almost about everyone. Bianca become obsessed with Zuroa. I can see that Iris and Kenyan cheer Ash on against a friend's foe. Pawniard happened to be a female so Snivy's attract wouldn't work. I know that Snivy can take Pawniward down.

Burgundy and Langley can flirt with Trip as far as I care because they're all a bunch of spoiled brats. No offense.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I`m surprised Cilan won the battle.
Zorua makes me laugh at how he mocks Langley through parts of the episode

I can't belive Trip went out so soon! At least now I'm certain Cilan is not Brock... He's Misty!

Saying that is an insult to Cilan. What makes you think he's Misty?