• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Cilan Versus Trip, Ash Versus Georgia!! (701)

Lance The Champ

The Aura Guardian
Snivy is really something! I would rate it second in Ash's party after Pikachu of course in battling...

CupidKirby

That's what I like seeing. Dent winning when everyone thought Shooti would because he has the plot on his side.

Dwebble and Snivy were just amazing. Unlike previous episodes where it shows Snivy getting owned, the battle in this one was actually proportionally believable to the streng- or rather, speed we all know she apparently has. And it's nice to see Ash using a bit more strategy than normal rather than just sitting there gawking as the opponent continuously attacks.

I was expecting Watchog-man to have another funny cameo, but oh well.

Bianca's always annoyed me. I'll only admit that she's been less annoying since her debut episode, but that doesn't mean she isn't. I'd like to see her accidentally catch a Garbodor or something; I'd laugh. Very hard.

The running gag with Zorua started to get repetitive this time around, but not enough to ruin the scenes she was in. Especially since the writers put in the effort to put in every single cliche she could've pulled with her transforming abilitiy.

Overall nice episode. While the last one felt over-powered by interaction and not enough battling, this one had a nice balance of the two. Can't wait to see more.

That didn't even make sense. If Dewbble was weak, it would have lost more battles no matter how Cilan "used it".

Of course it makes sense. Unlike the games, the anime doesn't rely on numbers. And Dent's obviously an experienced trainer. It sort of blows my mind that Ash is the only person he's been seen losing to as of now (as in, THIS episode).

Last edited:

jmk3190

Of course Trip would be upset over his loss. He is a beginner after all. Remember how Ash moped after losing to Ritchie?

Has Bel/Bianca won a single match against anyone on screen? Chillarmy did good, but it just couldn't stand up to a Pokemon 4x it's size.
No, she hasn't.

Should've gone with the Pignite that almost beat Pikachu instead of the Minccino that lost a million times in just two episodes. :rolleyes:

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
So Tepig/Pignite won her two gyms by itself... and she hasn't been seen winning onscreen.

Come on Bianca's dad come for her in Nimbasa and awaken her fighting spirit.

Lance The Champ

The Aura Guardian
Snivy won while having a disadvantage... I think Ash's Snivy is special just like Oshawott...

SmartD

It's a great episode. Cilan battles Trip and Trip loses. Ash goes up against Georgia and her Pawniard puts Snivy in tough situation, how will Snivy get out of it?

Meanwhile, Bianca continues to fail catching Zorua.

Marbi Z

Cin-Der-Race!
I'm very glad they decided to put a mini tournament in the anime! Its a nice break from the mostly boring and forgettable fillers. Can't wait to see the next one!

G4Pokefan

THE AURA IS WITH ME
What I like about this mini-arc is that the match-ups are unique (ash\georgia) (trip\cilan) instead of predictable (ash\trip) (cilan\burgundy). I lol'd at everyone's surprise when they found out that pawniard was a girl.

This episode was great! Cilan and Trip's battle was awesome. I love Dwebble and how strong it is! One of my favorite Main Cast Pokemon. I love how Bianca can't ever find Zorua.. lol!

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Luke's being really quirky, and so does Bianca.

Burgundy's got issues, serious issues.

Georgia keeps being the resident b***h of the series.

Are all Zorua natural-born gigglers?

Last edited:

AmericanPi

Write on
I love how Bianca can't ever find Zorua.. lol!

Bianca's awesome. :D I also love the way other characters such as Steffan acted in this episode, because running gags are always very enjoyable. "You never get my name right!" XD

Really cool episode with nice little character interactions as well as epic battles. You've gotta love Cilan's expert use of Shell Smash and Rock Slide; epic! I wish Bianca had won instead of Steffan, but then again, Steffan likes to push his Pokemon harder than Bianca.

Wow. Ash vs Georgia was intense! Georgia is really skilled, considering that she used Metal Claw to break through Leaf Storm (if it were a Contest battle, Ash would have had a lot of points taken off). I was rather surprised that Pawniard was a girl, but oh well. I can't wait for the end of the battle! :D

Wolfgirl44

Ignitionshipper
Ya know, I'm not normally fond of mean rivals. I prefer friendly rivals, or at least tolerable rivals. So I'm not much of a fan of Georgia as a character.

But it always makes me so happy when she shows up, because I know that as soon as she sees Iris, they are going to have a fight. This episode's was particularly amazing. Usually when rivals exchange nasty words, it only takes a few seconds. But my god. They just would not stop being relentlessly horrible to each other. xD

Best. Rivalry. Ever.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
But it always makes me so happy when she shows up, because I know that as soon as she sees Iris, they are going to have a fight. This episode's was particularly amazing. Usually when rivals exchange nasty words, it only takes a few seconds. But my god. They just would not stop being relentlessly horrible to each other. xD

Best. Rivalry. Ever.

Its the best rivalry ever? Really? Its not terrible per se, but pales in comparison to past female protagonists and their rivalries.

Wolfgirl44

Ignitionshipper
Its the best rivalry ever? Really? Its not terrible per se, but pales in comparison to past female protagonists and their rivalries.

Hmm, I disagree. Something about the way these two interact is just incredibly funny to me.

Although to be fair I have never seen any of the episodes with May, so I can't be a judge there. But I certainly didn't enjoy watching any of Dawn's rivalries half as much as this one.

Vipsoccermaster

Decent episode. Cilan defeats Trip, and the character we know advance. The battle between Ash and Georgia is intense, Snivy is definitely putting up a fight, hope she prevails next episode, against Pawniard. I'll be sad to see Snivy lose.

~Light

It was a fun episode to watch ^^

Too bad they didn't show the entire battle between Pawniard & Snivy though ...

Epic battles ruined by dubbing that would sound better if I had sandpapered my ears beforehand :(

The next episode is my favourite of best wishes so far and it will no doubt be ruined due to the lack of emotion.