• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Cilan Versus Trip, Ash Versus Georgia!! (701)

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Yea I agree that it is much closer to the original dialogue, I guess my main problem is the voice acting, which is pretty emotionless I guess.

The only thing that still bothers me is the ",you know?"

RWB

Dragon busted by Her
I still find Iris' verbal fights with Georgia to be more tilted toward Georgia in regard to whom I'm supposed to root for.

Iris is just arrogant and condescending, while Georgia at least knows she's not that pleasant.

Iris: *bragging style*You still think you can beat me? Such a child.
Georgia: Yeah, I'm a child alright. Just like you.

Newsflash, girl: Georgia annihilated you twice, and technically won your third fight as well(according to typical battle rules, Beartic stayed up while Excadrill went down first). Get with the arrogance once you've actually proven yourself superior, or even on par.

Georgia's only real ***** sequence was her eating the group's food(which was bloody hilarious). The rest has been deserved arrogance.

Last edited:

Battra

Georgia really stands out as a battler in this episode, I really think she'd be a good rival for Ash.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
You're right. Georgia seems like more of a rival for Ash than for Iris. And Bianca just seems like she doesn't even care what goes on around her.

yeminied

Golly, I haven't watched much of the Black and White series, in fact no more than 10 but this episode was incredible! I would have to say it's one of the best Pokémon episodes I've ever seen, it just had everything.

-omg Cilan *fanboygasm* Cilan is just the coolest character in Pokémon. He is the best. Who can deny his calm attitude and food references. He adds a certain spice to the show.
-Good battles. The battles in Pokémon really leave much to be desired but what was in this episode was some of the best.
-Character Development. Maybe it's because I haven't seen any of the rivals in an episode before but it was really great seeing how they interacted with the main cast. They all have little quirks that set them aside from the rest.
-Genuine laughs! From Stephan's name being mispronounced, Georgia's bickering with Iris, Burgundy's unjustified hatred towards Cilan, Bianca's craziness and Zorua's cheeky behaviour I surprisingly found myself chuckling a little.
-CILAN!
-Pokémon acting like Pokémon. I always like it when Pokémon are shown to be behaving like regular animals. For example seeing Dwebble repair its shell with its saliva and Zorua always running off to cause mischief.

This episode was just incredible, whoever the writer is get him on again. If only all episodes were like this.

You're right. Georgia seems like more of a rival for Ash than for Iris.

-_-

You're joking, right? Please tell me you're joking.

Rebeccag

I kinda like Georgia although shes good in small doses. I wouldnt want her to be a main rival like Trip and Bianca are although shes good for popping up at times
Loved how Burgandy got so mad at Clian winning although Trip leaving early slightly annoyed me. He could have stopped for a while.

It was kind of rude for Ash and Iris to be rooting for Bianca....they shouldn't have cared who won that battle. They're all friends, right?

pokeaussie37

It was kind of rude for Ash and Iris to be rooting for Bianca....they shouldn't have cared who won that battle. They're all friends, right?

I think they just want Bianca to do well. Given her 'punching bag' status. Plus they've known her for longer, too.

It's not as if they were anti-supporting Stephan. Unlike what Georgia and Burgundy were doing with their respective rivals.

I think they just want Bianca to do well. Given her 'punching bag' status. Plus they've known her for longer, too.

It's not as if they were anti-supporting Stephan. Unlike what Georgia and Burgundy were doing with their respective rivals.

I agree with you here, but Ash and Iris should have at least said something good about Zebstrika, which they didn't. If I were Stephan, and I was using a Zebstrika who was known well for it's stregnth, to battle a complete weakling who was using a rodent who's battling skills were the equivelant of a dead Weedle, and my friends wanted the weakling to win, it would be annoying.

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
I loved the scene where Georgia's Pawniard acted cute and funny after Ash discovered it was female. That scene made me laugh!

Pawniard really put up a good fight against Snivy. I also loved Pawniard's English VA (actually turned out to be Bella Hudson).

SasakiThePikachu

like pepsi cola
I agree with you here, but Ash and Iris should have at least said something good about Zebstrika, which they didn't. If I were Stephan, and I was using a Zebstrika who was known well for it's stregnth, to battle a complete weakling who was using a rodent who's battling skills were the equivelant of a dead Weedle, and my friends wanted the weakling to win, it would be annoying.

I just feel for the guy that no-one can bother to get his name right. I mean, they've heard him say it enough times. It was funny when no-one got Butch's name right - he was a villain, and the pun was still fresh and amusing. But for Stephan, geez, they're just being rude.

So, does anyone else really like Trip? I get the feeling we're supposed to go 'boo, what a jerk', but I find him to be not only interesting as a character, but talented as a trainer and actually refreshing in how little he tolerates Ash. (If anyone fell on the Pokemon I was trying to catch, ruining my chances, I'd be pretty hacked off too).

Re: the Pawniard battle, gah I dislike when the anime pulls stupid stunts like that to ensure the 'hero' wins the battle. There was no way under normal circumstances that Pawniard would've lost, and the writers knew it, so what do they do? Have it get its blades stuck in the ground. Yuh-huh, that's a fair way to win.

On the plus side, I sort of want to raise a Pawniard now. They're kinda cute :3

wobbanut

Team Awesome
The best part of this episode was Burgundy and her dying to see Cilan lose. LOL Plus, I loved the ongoing storyline with Bianca and Zorua. I liked Iris's comment about Ash and Stefan making a contest out of eating too.

7/10

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
-_-

You're joking, right? Please tell me you're joking.

No I'm not. Iris doesn't seem like she cares, so she should have a rival like Trip who isn't really all that interested. But Georgia looks like she can get Ash to battle well. But that's the way I see it.

Bananarama

The light is coming
Is it just me, or was it extremely unexpected that Bianca lost? It's only a minor battle, but still...

p96822

Evolve me please
Really in a way when it come to the intreactions with the charaters it was more intressing then Trip's mopping about his lost.

NPT

Just a member
This episode has some good character intreactions, I found it funny when Burgundy was hoping to see Cilan lose. The battles were good too.

J Ken

RAVE
Really in a way when it come to the intreactions with the charaters it was more intressing then Trip's mopping about his lost.

The thing is that aside from Georgia none of the friendly rivals are interesting in the slightest. I would prefer Trip wasting 5 minutes talking to Ash about how pointless staying would be then enduring 2 more episodes seeing Bianca fangirl over Zorua.