• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Citadarque 2112: Michael's Marauders

W.T.

Donw with CIPHET!
Onyx
Better late then never, you say to yourself as you push off of Island #1 in the direction of the (very nearby) Citadarque Complex. Massive and inhospitable though the island might be, there doesn't even seem to be any way into it yet.

You are just going through the motions, trying to imagine a way that you might be able to get into the Complex... when a fully functioning Shadow minion's jacket drifts right beside you. You are unsure whether to pick it up, but decide, Hey, why not? At least he didn't lose his shirt. You earned 15 points!

Do you put on the jacket?

C.S.
The Buizels power up using Agility, then deck you repeatedly with water in their fast and furious states. Even so, seeing as they're unevolved, your Bite and Swift give them decent damage. It seems as though they're now powering up for a bunch of Sonicbooms... maybe you should keep that in mind.

Shade
The Ultra Ball hits defiantly on Doduo's head, but it remains uncaptured as it breaks out on the second wiggle. Its stats are still too high; you'll still have to do something else with it before you

Doduo, being free and able to move again, unleashes a quick Fury Attack volley toward Charizard. This erodes its health by about a third, but of course, being so powerful this doesn't keep it from torching Exeggcute relatively quickly out of commission. You earned 1 point!

PIRATE GRUNT EDSEL sent out SPHEAL!

Dude
About 13% of the shadowy aura is quickly cleansed away by the use of the Joy Scent. You step out into the wild blue yonder (namely, the sea...), but just as you do, you spot a girl who has clearly just come up from a place that is familiar to your whole gang. Not only that, she appears to have stolen something...

Like a couple of guys you knew from high school, she always talks in rhymes.
"Trying to go under, you're out of luck.
And I'm going to beat you and... what the...?"
You expect her to finish with the all-too-popular swear word, but she doesn't.
"What the...? DUCK!"
You look over and realize she has good reason for saying it. Her one and only fighter, an Elemental Gyarados, has just popped out and is trying to attack her.
COOLTRAINER SABIN would like to battle!
COOLTRAINER SABIN sent out GYARADOS!

MSE
Inside the cave, it is (by definition) dark and damp, but you very soon come upon an L-shaped piece of metal that appears to form part of a puzzle. Do you pick it up or not?

Albert
Another slash from the ferociously fast bug-type, but this one is not a critical hit, and thus doesn't knock Swampert out. A Close Combat is easily enough to send Lopunny packing. She vanishes in a burst of yellow light and a groan from her trainers. The Ice Punch defeats Ninjask, wrapping up the affair and sealing the deal. You earned 6 points!
Player defeated RIDER DERN and PIRATE GRUNT BARTH!
DERN: "No! Please! Mimik B., save our souls!"
BARTH: "Did you just say that out loud, you freak?"
Albert got his WALLET for winning!

Ah, they've given your wallet back to you, along with all the money in it. They've put a nasty note in there, and they've ripped part of the leather lining, but it's back and (relatively) secure anyway.

Now, reviewing the current state of things... Your nearest available partner is probably Dude. Or you could go ask around and try to find the boat on which Shade and C.S. are trapped (the Ferocity, as they believe it is called). Who do you help next?

Truly Deceptive

It is I: ME!
I put on the uniform jacket, take a picture of myself, and put it on the tag to pass off as a minion.

crazysteve1001

How can you hate it?
vaporeon use dig, Aipom use protect

Plat. Frontier

Epic Mustache
Team Blissful Park?

Shadow Eeveelution

DracLord Dread
MSE : I wonder what this is "PICK IT"

GreenDay4ever

bye!, i had a blast
Wow, is that a pelipper?...
anyways, that gligar is ground type and flying type, wich means that it Hates Ice type moves...
Fangz, finish him off with Ice fang! and you Brute, you just slack off :D

Treeconator11

Ultranumb
Shade takes in what happened, and quickly decides his next moves. He orders Umbreon to Iron Tail Doduo, and have Charizard use Focus Blast on Spheal.

W.T.

Donw with CIPHET!
Update tomorrow night. I had to "worque" until after "darque" today and I'm tired as hell.

AbsolKnight66

The Knight of Dark
"Absol, use Swords Dance!" Aaron ordered, as the Absol did a frantic dance, boosting its Attack. "Now, use Quick Attack!"

W.T.

Donw with CIPHET!
Onyx
You have gotten very lucky. Wearing your heatproof, bulletproof Shadowy jacket, you’re able to pass by a gauntlet of unsuspecting grunts. You drift along with your Surf HM, seeing first nothing but the stormy seas and constant waves...

And then it rises, directly in front of you. You gasp as you take in the mighty size of the Citadarque Complex. A large domed island, sandwiched between two even larger pyramids, rises out of the sea ahead.

What’s that thing ahead? It’s the drain that pushes lava out of the island. You can’t believe it... you’ve found a way in! Of course, you won’t be able to make it inside without passing by a fair number of peons first, even if you are dressed up as one. Three men, one large and bulky, the others thin and weak-looking, drop in from high above. “Friendly fire! It’s a monster house!” they yell, as the two flunkies step forward to double-battle you.

SHADOW MINION ASIS and SHADOW MINION ORELS would like to battle!
SHADOW MINION ASIS sent out ZOROARK!*
SHADOW MINION ORELS sent out MURKROW!

*I’m just going to guess at what moves this thing has.

Simon
Brrrrr-badaboom! Sneasel goes down very rapidly to the Blast Burn assault. You earned 1 point!

“It’s our one last chance...” groans Muehl, “It’s all we’ve got left... Unleash the power of the Shadow type!”
PIRATE GRUNT MUEHL sent out SNOVER!
**SHADOW ALERT! SHADOW ALERT! SHADOW ALERT!**

You’ve been really strong. Now comes the hard part: being just strong enough.

Aaron
The Machoke is gearing up for another Focus Punch, but she is halted in her tracks as the Quick Attack surges across with incredible speed. She seems to be trying that same move over and over as her strategy.

Moomy
You turn your head to the side once more. The Pelipper, who introduces himself (in perfect human language) as Newman the mail carrier, delivers you a map, clearly showing the routes of the ships as well as the diving spots and a mysterious “X” out on that Inaccessible Island. (OOC: I’ve just sent the map out to you via PM.)

A combination of hard work and slacking-off leads to a huge profit as Gligar, despite being able to Slash, fails to injure you as it misses.

Player defeated CHASER JALIS and CHASER GREND!
JALIS: “NOOOOOO!”
GREND: “You’re worthy of our very best NOOOOOO! sound effect!”
Moomy got P677 and a P*DA MEMORY CARD for winning!

You earned 15 points (for winning & the map!)

The Memory Card may come in handy later if your P*DA fails or gets fried. Taking your map up with you, it’s time to decide which direction to go in next.

Cirno
You reach the patch of deep water without much interference, aside from the fact that you hit a small rock and drop P50 from your pocket. Ah well, should’ve had it in your wallet.

Diving under the water, you see instantly that this is the place to be. There are Shadow minions in here, talking about the “puzzle gates”! You radio the messages to your friends, then swim along the hall of the underground chamber, which is decorated with strange logos. You’ve reached the centre, which is huge and empty. There are two exits: one to the north, and one, which is more secret and heavily guarded, to the south. You move south, seeing as it’s clearly the correct direction.

You hear quiet classical music -- more specifically, the 21st-century composer Gaga’s famous song “Bad Romance” -- coming from one side of the room.

You discover that it’s a ring tone coming from the phone of a Shadow minion. Unfortunately, she hangs up before you can catch any of her words to her boss, but fortunately, she seems pretty easy to beat. She’s only got 1 Pokémon, and Shadow minions tend to let things slip when you defeat them.
SHADOW MINION BAKU would like to battle!
It’s your choice first. Who do you send out?

C.S.
Both Buizels give you minor pains with Sonicbooms (less than 50% of max HP taken away), but in the end they are dispatched just as easily. You earned 2 points!
WORKER GARR sent out FLOATZEL!
Ooh, he’s upgraded.

Shade
Iron Tail is effective, and drags Doduo’s HP bar into the yellow. However, it tries to avenge Exeggcute’s defeat by unleashing a neutrally effective Drill Peck on Charizard. The Focus Blast proves an unfortunate miss, and Spheal begins a Rollout journey against your fire dragon.

Dude
“Thunderbolts of lightning... will be very, very frightening to you,” warns Sabin as the similarly-named attack strikes Starmie for two-thirds damage. Starmie is not paralyzed, however, and taking advantage of its high Special Attack lets loose a stream of attacks that quickly get Gyarados down by almost half.

(Electrike is waiting in the wings, and currently has Shadow Mist, Shadow Sky and Thunder, if you’re interested.)

MSE
As you seize the L-shaped piece of metal (and earn 1 point), the very walls of the cave begin to ring with an alarm. Who would’ve thought that thing could be rigged? A heavily muscled male Bodybuilder enters the room and uses a rope, just as would be used on a staircase, to seal off the front of the cave.

“We on the Avenger have finally caught one of your crowd!” the man rejoices. “Yes! YES!”

It’s gonna get ugly in here. In a majorly big way. The trainer lets loose a huge Pokémon.
BODYBUILDER BISON would like to battle!
BODYBUILDER BISON sent out ONIX!

**SHADOW ALERT! SHADOW ALERT! SHADOW ALERT!**

Albert
Re-walleted and restored by your recent victory, you begin to head south toward the Ferocity. A man, however, drifts up to you. He is tall, wearing a tight blue jacket and a curly beard painted half red and half white. You can’t even tell whether he’s good or bad yet.

“Excuse me,” he says, “but I think I may know a way to save Dr. Gooden and crack the mysteries of this place. Would you mind giving me a quick interview... oh, let’s say over there?” He points at a nearby sand bar to your southeast.

Do you trust this guy?

Treeconator11

Ultranumb
Shade curses under his breath, and decides to end it. He launches another ultra ball at Doduo, and orders Charizard to use another Focus Blast on Spheal.

Truly Deceptive

It is I: ME!
*sends out Rhyperior and Alakazam*

Rhyperior, Rock Wrecker Murkrow.

Alakazam, Focus Blast Zoroark.

Shadow Eeveelution

DracLord Dread
MSE : I know you have enough rest Procher..now get out and Iron Tail

robincool98

I am Iron Man!
(I trust him)
Albert: Sure...but no funny business. Or else.