• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

CLAMP Manga Discussion

Ryuusei

the sakura trainer~
Yeah, since like two of their stories have chapters published each week must as well merge them. Anyway, to cut it, let's just start already, D:. Read Chapter 168 of Tsubasa, have to say it gave us one whole ton of mysteries.

Since it's the Manga Section I assume you've read the latest chapter already or you can skip this part of my post anyway.

Firstly, I wasn't partly surprised when Yuuko mentioned that the journey's coming to an end, means Tsubasa isn't gonna be one of those uber long series like Naruto. Anyway, am rather surprised Tomoyo had a hand in paying for the wish. Wonder what she paid and more so, why. Cause Yuuko mentioned she paid a huge price for it.

Ooh, more Watanuki and Syaoran connection? <3. I'm happy Sakura's being mentioned on and off, at least she's recognized to be living. Interesting with this latest chapter. Wonder what significant thing is gonna occur in Nihon though, since it seems more like a rest stop but yet has the aura of importance.

Bleah, I rambled enough, *flees*

Tiffany

Staff member
Super Mod
Yay, finally a CLAMP thread!
But I definitely agree with the mysteries of 168 in TRC. I wonder what
the link is between Syaoran (real) and Watanuki. Also, I wonder what the current state of Sakura's mind/body is. However, I'm not really worried about Kurogane leaving even though they are currently in Nihon. He has a bone to pick with FWR and he is Fai's life support - so to say. So he can't leave them behind. He has also learned the meaning of strength which in a way is the concept of sacrifice. I think he'd sacrifice staying in his home to help out the people whom he has grown to care for.

Hakajin

Obsessive Shipper
I've read so much CLAMP manga. CCS, Chobits, X, Wish, Tsubasa, xxxHolic, The Legend of Chun Hyang, Angelic Layer, Magic Knight Rayearth, The One I Love . . . I think there's more, but . . .

Anyway, I'm currently reading Tsubasa and xxxHolic. Although I'm really stuck with Tsubasa right now. I'm at the Piffle World arc, and it bores me. I want to get onto the next part, but I don't feel like reading the part I'm stuck on. I really prefer Holic anyway though. I recently read the tenth volume. You know, the one where you find out about what's wrong with Himawari-chan? I have to say that I liked her a lot better after I saw her true personality. She kinda bugged me before that. But afterward, I was like "Wow. She's really kinda cool . . ."

Last edited:

Shuko

Pippi! Pi!
These are all the CLAMP Manga I've read:
Angelic Layer
Tsubasa
XXXHolic
CLAMP School Defenders Duklyon
CLAMP Campus Detectives
Man of Many Faces
Magic Knight Rayearth
Cardcaptor Sakura
Chobits
Legend of Chun Hyang
Miyuki-chan in Wonderland
Shirahime-Syo: Snow Goddess Tales
Tokyo Babylon

I love them all. :3 There are a few good CLAMPs I haven't read, mostly because I've heard they're sad (I hate sad endings). :p They suckered me into a few of them though, lol.

Hakajin

Obsessive Shipper
Oh yeah, I read CLAMP School Detectives and Man of Many Faces too, and I own Shirahime Syo. I love that one a lot. The art is so beautiful. I even brought it with me to college.

I like the twists CLAMP puts on their manga, like the end of Magic Knight Rayearth. I also really liked how it wasn't exactly a battle between good and evil in X- one group was trying to save people, and the other the earth. That was really innovative. And some of the twists in X are really good too. I especially like the one with the lady who had the photograph of herself pushing another woman off a cliff. The price she paid for it was really cool. Well, not for her, but you know what I mean.

Tiffany

Staff member
Super Mod
Oh yeah, I read CLAMP School Detectives and Man of Many Faces too, and I own Shirahime Syo. I love that one a lot. The art is so beautiful. I even brought it with me to college.

I like the twists CLAMP puts on their manga, like the end of Magic Knight Rayearth. I also really liked how it wasn't exactly a battle between good and evil in X- one group was trying to save people, and the other the earth. That was really innovative. And some of the twists in X are really good too. I especially like the one with the lady who had the photograph of herself pushing another woman off a cliff. The price she paid for it was really cool. Well, not for her, but you know what I mean.

I most definitely agree with the twists that CLAMP manages to pull on us. They may be "wtf" at the time being but sometimes there is some foreshadowing leading up to that event - but hey, that's my opinion.

I'll suggest a topic.. just to keep this place going.

What was the first CLAMP manga you read?

As like many others, Cardcaptor Sakura was my first CLAMP manga. I picked it up quite a few years ago and the character design and the focus on magic really got me to love CLAMP's work.

Draco Malfoy

-REaction
I read a few. CCS, Tsubasa and Holic are the ones I read.

The first CLAMP manga I read was Card Captor Sakura. I was intrigued by the concept of "recapturing" tarot-esque monsters back into their card forms.

I'm thinking of reading Tokyo Babylon but since it's discontinued, I'm not quite sure if it's worth the look. I don't know

Here's a better topic:

Which incarnation of Sakura do you like better? The CCS Sakura Kinomoto, or the Tsubasa Princess Sakura?

I know both Sakuras are the same person, having the soul soul basis and personality, the Tsubasa Sakura just being more quiet because she's older... But I like the CCS Sakura better- I love Sakura's routine "HOE!! I'M LATE!!" morning routine. XD

I've read CCS, Chobits, Wish, Tsubasa, Magic Knights Rayearth,.....ummmm, i think that was it, but they were all good books, I think I read Chobits first....

Hakajin

Obsessive Shipper
I'm thinking of reading Tokyo Babylon but since it's discontinued, I'm not quite sure if it's worth the look.

Huh? Tokyo Babylon wasn't discontinued. It's finished. All 7 volumes are out in the US. X was discontinued, if you're confusing it with that.

Eh, I like . . . Sakura in CCS better, I guess. I dunno though, I like her older incarnation once she starts becoming an active member of the Tsubasa team. She's more like her old self after that.

Ryuusei

the sakura trainer~
I think that masterwannabe got mixed up. X was the one discontinued anyway, but there's still hope for it. =D

As for the first CLAMP Manga I read, it was Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE. Yeah, I dislike the anime version of it cause it blatantly sucks in my opinion but if it's considered, Cardcaptor Sakura, cause it was the Anime Version I saw that got me engrossed with CLAMP stuff and when I saw Syaoran and Sakura on the cover of Tsubasa, I bought the Manga, D: and then continued my CLAMP craze, moving on to buy the whole X series currently released and all. I need to buy Tokyo Babylon and Chobits sometime soon, =X.

As for which incarnation of Sakura I prefer, I generally like her as the original Sakura from Cardcaptor Sakura. Her personality has changed (from her original Cardcaptor Sakura one) in TRC, having turned rather quiet (especially evident upon the arrival in Tokyo) instead of the youthful fun personality she had when she was younger in TRC, which made me feel that she doesn't seem like the Sakura I knew but her personality changed, so meh~ It's growing up but I like fun Sakura better~

Hakajin

Obsessive Shipper
I read the first chapter. It seemed had really pretty artwork, and it seemed interesting. I hope someone publishes it outside of the magazine, because Newtype really isn't my favorited. It's too geared toward guys for my taste.

Tiffany

Staff member
Super Mod
Who is your favorite CLAMP character?

I bet everyone knows this, lmfao.

Fai from TRC, obviously. His character is great, and the development he is currently going through is also a nice thing (even though depressing to some extent). He's hilarious but mysterious at the same time because he constantly has that mask on. He's also attractive. *shot*

Hakajin

Obsessive Shipper
Yeah, I like Fai, and Kurogane too. I can't decide which one I like better though. I mean, Fai's cute, but wise, and also jaded. Kurogane's got that whole cool badass thing going on, but he cares about his friends in spite of himself (a character type I love). It's hard to compare them... but I think Fai is the more original character.

Tiffany

Staff member
Super Mod
Might as well answer this topic. :p

Which incarnation of Sakura do you like better? The CCS Sakura Kinomoto, or the Tsubasa Princess Sakura?

I'm going to have to say CCS Sakura. Tsubasa Sakura seems really passive and she isn't as vibrant and full of character as CCS Sakura. I also knew of CCS (obviously :p) before Tsubasa, so naturally I was introduced to CCS Sakura first. I loved how CCS Sakura was always like "HOEE!" and she was full of spunk and spontaneity. Tsubasa Sakura just seems to lack that. :( I love them both, though...don't get me wrong.

I agree that Kurogane is also an awesome character. The character development (of both him and Fai) is definitely amazing. Kurogane learned true strength while Fai has finally erupted from that mask he has been hiding under all of this time.

Last edited: