• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

CLAMP Manga Discussion

~*Sailor Satun*~

*~*Water Prince*~*
I need to get to these threads quicker. <<

Anyway, I've read/am reading:
xxxHOLiC
Chobits
TSUBASA RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE
Cardcaptor Sakura
Wish
Magic Knight Rayearth
Angelic Layer

Wow, it's such a puny list. ;_;

To answer the topic, CCS Sakura. For all the reasons stated. >> And, 12 more days till Tokyo Relevations...12 more days...

Tiffany

Staff member
Super Mod
I need to get to these threads quicker. <<

Anyway, I've read/am reading:
xxxHOLiC
Chobits
TSUBASA RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE
Cardcaptor Sakura
Wish
Magic Knight Rayearth
Angelic Layer

Wow, it's such a puny list. ;_;

To answer the topic, CCS Sakura. For all the reasons stated. >> And, 12 more days till Tokyo Relevations...12 more days...

I'm counting down also. I've never been so excited for something like this.

And I also saw CIW2. It's so awesome. The song is really catchy and I love how the combination of all the characters worked really well.

On topic:
I like both Sakuras !!!
There is not much of a difference (other besides on being a 5th grader and the other a princess, that is basically it)

Hakajin

Obsessive Shipper
Really? What a let down... I've only got the first DVD of the anime anyway. I think I'd really just rather read the manga, because one of the main reasons I like it is the art. The other reasons are Fai and Kurogane... But I think I would like to see the... arc with the town that was like medeival Europe. I forget what that town was called though.

~*Sailor Satun*~

*~*Water Prince*~*
Jade if I remember correctly...

That one was awesome.

Countdown to TR: 10 Days/11 Days(Depends on where you live)

For those who haven't kept in catch with the English TRC, volume 15 came out a few days ago.

I am addicted to that cover...oh cover...<3

charlotte881

*Squeals*
Hmm right now Im reading cardcaptor sakura again beacause I read it when I was little
and i didn't understand it, so now i'm reading it again.

Shadow Ichigo

Left On A Journey
Reading xxxHolic right now and I love it 8D. Monoka is awesome and hilarious XD. The way Watanuki spazzing over everything is priceless. Well its the only Clamp series I'm reading. I wanted to read Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle but the book store always there sold out.

LittleRedRodeo

Candy Apple Red
I've been trying to keep up with Tsubasa, but I lost track of it already. There's so many volumes, too, that it's hard to keep up. I read xxxHolic, though. The art is so pretty~! Also, it's much easier to follow because the chapters are more episodic. Anyway, I'm going to have to see if my library keeps Tsubasa so I can start reading them both again. I like seeing how the two stories intertwine.

Other than that, I've never really been much into CLAMP series.

Tiffany

Staff member
Super Mod
Tokyo Revelations is out tomorrow.
I seriously cannot wait. I want to go to Kinokuniya and buy it as soon as it reaches stores in the US. :x

Edit: I lied :p. I just preordered it on Amazon. I should be getting it later this week.

Last edited:

~*Sailor Satun*~

*~*Water Prince*~*
It's already the sixteenth over here.

I'm getting it when my mother keeps that promise of taking me to Japan for my birthday, which is when the second TR comes out. o.o ;;;

Hakajin

Obsessive Shipper
I bought and read the first volume of Clover recently. It's all right. I mean, it's not much on story or characters, but it's got really nice artwork. The use of negative space is really interesting. The blocky text is out of place, but that's a problem with the typeset the translators used, not the original. I love the motif of wings. It's a little ironic, because wings in literature usually represent freedom. But Sue has lived in a cage all her life. It's sorta like, power is usually freedom, but Sue's power is the reason she's been imprisoned. I guess she's seeking to be free though. Anou... I especially love the mechanical look to the wings CLAMP has drawn in Clover though.

Tiffany

Staff member
Super Mod
Where did you find Clover? Your store has stock? Or found a used book?

They have some copies at Kinokuniya. I found the second one there. It is really hard to find though, I'm not gonna lie. You just gotta keep looking.

To anyone who has seen Tokyo Revelations - what did you think? I thought it was amazing and the music was very nice. Synchronicity and Saigo no Kajitsu are such good songs.

Last edited:
Gah! If I knew this thread was here I would have posted wayy earlier!
>_> Anyways, I got into CLAMP when I was four. Yes, four! ^_^ I watched Carcaptor Sakura since then, and now I read Tsubasa Rc & xxxHolic and have read Chobits aand...something else.

My favourite character is Kurogane (you might have guessed >_>), because of his tough-guy outside and offhand kindness inside, along with his will to protect.

EDIT: I've only read up to Vol 15 (ch 116) of Tsubasa, which was plaiin awesome! But wasn't Kamui and Fuma's groups from X reversed? I've never read X so I wouldn'r know.

Last edited: