• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Clampearl - - Evolving

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staryu

I know, I know..
I'm kinda confused on how to evolve Clampearl.

I want Huntail & Gorebyss. I've caught enough C-pearls to have one of each, and I looked in the serebii.net Pokédex, and it says

Clampearl --> Deep Sea Tooth --> Huntail
Clampearl --> Deep Sea Scale --> Gorebyss

Firstly, where would I find the Deep Sea Tooth & Scale?
Second, once you attach it, does it automatically evolve or something?

Please help me out!

---Ryan ;120;

DFK

Eevee fanboy
You get either the Deep Sea Scale or the Deep Sea Tooth from Capt. Stern in exchange for the Scanner. The Scanner is inside the Abondoned Ship, but you must be able to use Dive outside of battle to reach it.

As for evolving Clamperl, you must attach the Deep Sea Scale/Tooth and then trade Clamperl to another game.

WhiteWizard42

Master Breeder
you can only get one per game, so you're going to need to trade with another R/S/E game to get both.

Zora

perpetually tired
WhiteWizard42 said:
you can only get one per game, so you're going to need to trade with another R/S/E game to get both.

Correction: One per Saved Game. So you could go through and get it, send it to another 3rd Generation game, then start over and get the other one.

Kikas123

What 'bout My Star?
Wow this kid is smart, Thats the beauty of multiple versions, dumb Nintendo, and thier "Cooperation Required" games

Staryu

I know, I know..
So, I could do this:

Get the Tooth, and trade to another game.
Reset my gameboy (Not start a new game) and do it again with the Scale?

Liam-Kun

My precious!
if you trade you save, don't you?

WhiteWizard42

Master Breeder
doesn't work, you'd need to start a new game to get another one.

you only get one per save file, and only on R/S/E.

Zora

perpetually tired
Staryu said:
So, I could do this:

Get the Tooth, and trade to another game.
Reset my gameboy (Not start a new game) and do it again with the Scale?

If save after you trade. Would not make a difference.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Here's the deal.

First, you need to go to Abondoned Ship East of Dewford and have Surf and Dive. After you complete the puzzle, you are supposed to give the scanner to someone in Staleport (I believe it is Captain Stern). He will give you the option of the Scale or Tooth (sorry can't get both). You attach the item to Clamperl and trade it to evolve.

Overheat Hothead

Custom User Title
Psychic Politoed said:
Here's the deal.

First, you need to go to Abondoned Ship East of Dewford and have Surf and Dive. After you complete the puzzle, you are supposed to give the scanner to someone in Staleport (I believe it is Captain Stern). He will give you the option of the Scale or Tooth (sorry can't get both). You attach the item to Clamperl and trade it to evolve.
Don't you give the scanner to a guy on the ship?

WhiteWizard42

Master Breeder
no. if you show it to him, he just says "hey, that's a scanner! can i get you to give that to capt. stern?"

all you actually get out of that room is the key to the TM13 room.

Status
Not open for further replies.