1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Clamperl of Wisdom (369)

Discussion in 'Pokémon - Advanced Battle' started by Serebii, Oct 23, 2004.

1. Serebii

Serebii And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared... Staff Member Admin

Clamperl of Wisdom!

While on a ferry to the next Island, Ash & Co. come across the Spoink they met a while back, and it's lost it's Pearl again. Once again Ash & Co. decide to go look for it, but when Spoink gets one from a Clamperl, it gets protective of it. Will it find it's original Pearl?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

2. That sounds cool, but wouldn't that hurt clamperl if its pearl was taken?Edit:sorry I just figured out the pic. anyways how do those pearls get in there?

3. Geodude

Geodude Well-Known Member

The same way pearls get inside an oyster in our world. They grow, basically.

4. ZTcrazy

ZTcrazy Guest

It really disappointed me that this episode was a filler. I was really hoping for Ash to catch Spoink or May/Jessie to catch Clamperl. Oh well, can't have everything in life ;)

5. I never saw this episode but it looks quite good and we get to see Spoink again! Clamperl looks like an interesting Pokemon.
    That Spoink just loses things! lol.

6. Arnold

Arnold <<< Epic Avatar

I liked it...mainly for Torkoal and his Jumpng into the Ocean for Spoinks pearl ^^;

7. Hahahahahahaha! This episode was soooo funny ^_^
    I think, Torkoal has a little crush on Spoink LOL
    Also, TR was finally funny. Jessie tried to open Clamperl`s shell.
    Haha. I think, TR`s fans should see it :)

8. Tate+Liza

Tate+Liza Guest

I'm sure they will. LIZA! How many times do I have to say this, stop writing bad comments about me while I'm in the washroom1

9. ChaosMage

ChaosMage Izit cuz I is black?

Dub Title- The Pearl is Your Oyster!

10. Dub Title Prediction:
    A Spoink's Best Friend is Gone Again!?

This title was made to go with the offical dub title for spoink episode 1 being "Pearls are a Spoink's best Friend"

11. I guess that this is the Season Priemere for Advanced Battle!!!!

12. Yes this is the start of PAB, how cool!

Now, I have picked up information about one of the VA's in this episode. The character who will be dubbed as Michael will be played by Richard Hoggard, he's the cousin of the lead singer of the new Canadian rock band Hedley, Jacob Hoggard. Jacob finished 3rd in Canadian Idol last year, and he's a breakout sensation now!

13. Alfonso

Alfonso Derpgull

Hopefully, we'll soon see Tom Jones in a few episodes as Harley.

14. Just seen the episode... not bad for a Season Premiere... the part where Torkoal jumped into the sea was funneh... =D

15. V Faction

V Faction www.faction.com

A quick comment about the episode before it ends: Grovyle getting some battle action is hot stuff. The little backflip it did owns any Psybeam or generic Pin Missile that the other Pokemon mustered.

Clamperl gets a B+ for its voice, but is it ever annoying to hear the regular word 'pearl' and 'Clamperl' in the same sentence.

16. RandomCharizard

RandomCharizard i hatez pokemonz

It was freaking funny xD

The rest was good. The thing that intrest me the most is the intro. SPOILER PLZ

17. Lil Brother

Lil Brother Just kinda there.

So ****** about the theme... o.o

Yay! 4Kids kept the Pokeball-into-Ash's-badge-case opening!

Trainer's Chocie was a bit different...

Whatever. Pretty good episode. Had some great humor. The scene with Clamperl and TR made me laugh twice. XD

18. The intro kinda irked me with all the spoilers with the 4th Generation Pokémon. But otherwise, a great filler.

P.S. Did anyone notice that the Pokéball on Ash's badge case was left untouched in the episode intro?

19. CyberCubed

CyberCubed Banned

Pretty decent opener.

As with all opening episodes, this episode showcased most of the Pokemon owned by the main trainers. Team Rocket actually used every single one of their Pokemon in this episode, besides Wobbufett who appeared anyway. All of Ash's Pokemon were shown too, Grovyle, Swellow, Corphish, Torkoal, all got screentime. Brock's Lombre and Mudkip appeared, but too bad May only sent out Beautifly. :(

Grovyle had a nice battle scene at the end, I actually like it when TR battles with "real" battle strategies, Seviper actually put up a decent fight against Torkoal.

Good ep, I love how the new title screen show's Ash badges and May's ribbon case. As if that's not proof enough that May co-stars the series with Ash.

Trainer choice also got a nice revamp with different questions.

20. Pinky the Mew

Pinky the Mew I am a master!

I loved that intro! Even if it were a few Seconds Me seeing Mewtwo again is comforting that they haven't forgotten him

*sigh* ;151; ;) ;150;

Thank God! The Trainer's Choice has changedfor the better now I hope they can be accurate this time!

Either how this episode was wonderous! I'm getting the feeling that Spoink is going to be Jigglypuff's troublemaking replacement for this season/generation.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2005