• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Clamperl of Wisdom (369)

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
What would have been nice was Spoink could have been Max's and Clamperl May's. But I guess I'm thinking too far into my butt.

I'm amazed at how Spoink is able to keep large things, even really big things like Wailmer, easily on it's head like that. Larger items would be pretty heavy after a while, wouldn't they? Random observation, I know.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Ash and friends randomly finding Spoink on a log in the sea was strange, and I gasped for air when Ash's Torkoal dropped into the ocean. Seeing Spoink attach random round Pokemon like Azurill, Castform and especially Wailmer to its head had me howling and I thought that Team Rocket's plan to give the blue pearl to Giovanni was hilarious as well.

pokefreak18

Nathaniel
Custodian James: Out of nowhere, Spoink lifted that pearl onto his noggin and out the window it bounced!
Custodian Jessie: I was afraid we'd been inhaling to many fumes.
CJames: Oh if I could bounce like that.
Ash: Yea, What if?
CJames: Well...I could be a bouncer!
My favorite line in the episode. TR was hilarious.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I loved seeing the Spoink again especially how it kept putting round pokemon and things on its head ha ha. Clamperl are kind of boring in the games, but I was glad that one of them gave Spoink a pearl. :D

JudySpell

Banned
I didn't like Spoink much because to me him losing his pearl wasn't interesting and Clamperl was just there as a convenient plot device. 4/10

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I didn't like Spoink much because to me him losing his pearl wasn't interesting and Clamperl was just there as a convenient plot device. 4/10

Well at least it made lots of logical sense that Clamperl had a spare pearl for Spoink, which isn't as bad as some of the other highly convenient scenarios that we've seen in the anime. ^^;

Clamperl helping Spoink out by giving him its pearl was a touching moment + this would've been a good chance for Spoink to join the cast.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
I was bugged to see that weird little Spoink again. Having it around again was like having Jigglypuff's random appearances all over again. Clamperl was cute though since it's my favorite Hoenn Water-type.

Alloutℯ

Banned
Spionk was like Hoenn's version of Jigglypuff and it was funny to see it take other Pokemon mistaking them for its pearl, and seeing Team Rocket have problems with opening Clamperl was hilarious.

ZilverLox

Banned
I think this episode proves that the writers were running a little low on ideas for pre-7th badge filler. Having to see Spoink go through losing it's pearl AGAIN wasn't very interesting, and it's seems to me like the plot with the research scientist and the blue pearl was kind of tacked on, because it seems like they barely spent any time on it compared to how much time they spent on Team Rocket. Speaking of TR, I think they saved this episode.

Leonhart

Imagineer
It was nice to see Baneboo again, even though we didn't find out how it got stuck in the middle of the ocean. The plot about its lost pearl felt way too repetitive since we had seen this before, but the inclusion of Pearlulu was fitting. My favorite moment was watching the Rocket-dan trying to open the Pearlulu with the blue pearl.

Shayuin

Banned
Since this was a Clamperl episode, I was half expecting to see Huntail and Gorebyss show up. But I guess Spoink's dilemma was more crucial.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Since this was a Clamperl episode, I was half expecting to see Huntail and Gorebyss show up. But I guess Spoink's dilemma was more crucial.

This episode didn't focus on Pearlulu's branch evolution because there was already an upcoming episode about Sakurabyss and Huntail in production.

ZilverLox

Banned
What a shame that Ash didn't catch Spoink though. I mean we all saw how Torkoal was his buddy, so why didn't Ash just catch Spoink to keep those two together? :(

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
What a shame that Ash didn't catch Spoink though. I mean we all saw how Torkoal was his buddy, so why didn't Ash just catch Spoink to keep those two together? :(

Hmmm well Spoink was cute and funny, but since he wasn't caught the first time he showed up, I didn't think his chances of ending up being caught here were big any ways. He was simply a recurring Pokemon.

Leonhart

Imagineer

Even though Satoshi's Cotoise was the wild Baneboo's friend, it wasn't Satoshi's responsibility to appease him. Besides, Baneboo didn't seem to want to join Satoshi's group anyway. He just wanted help getting his lost pearl back.

Zamin

This was a cool episode. At first I found having Spoink lose its pearl again and put random things on its head a bit repetitive as we have had that before but the episode got more interesting as it progressed and Team Rocket had some good scenes in this episode. I think that the new opening is amazing, it is one of the bests I have seen. I love the mix of legendaries and season regulars in it.

Leonhart

Imagineer
This was a cool episode. At first I found having Spoink lose its pearl again and put random things on its head a bit repetitive as we have had that before but the episode got more interesting as it progressed and Team Rocket had some good scenes in this episode.

I felt the same way regarding Baneboo's lost pearl routine in the beginning, although I did cheer up when the plot moved forward and began to involve that Pearlulu. That plot twist was actually pretty clever.