• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Clamperl of Wisdom (369)

Tazzler

spoink is one of my fav pokes now
9/10

Saironi

Banned
Anyone notice this is another episode where they gave a pokemon a gender? James refered to Spoink as "him" or "he" in the episode.

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
We never see the captain. Not once. Torkal jumps off the ship into the MIDDLE OF THE OCEAN. Wouldn't that cause the captain to come out of the cabin? It's not like it's a big ship...

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
Pika Hikari KT said:
And I squealed(in shock) when they showed the Wailmer on Spoink...how the heck can Spoink balance it on its head without using Psychic?!o_0;
It does use Psychic (or Confusion) to balance things on its head, even without the pearl it has that power, they're just not as strong. The pearl doesn't give it power, it merely enhances the existing power.

It was a fairly average episode to me, the best part was Grovyle's awesome backflip dodge. ^_^

umbreot said:
Clampearl... Why does clampearl look like a a weird, idiotic pokemon before it evolves??
Have you ever seen what the inside of a clam or oyster shell looks like? Basically its a bunch of muscle that can be used as a "foot" by some kinds. With what they had to work with they couldn't do a lot without making it all dark and mysterious like another Shellder/Cloyster.

wobbanut

Team Awesome
At least this episode had me laughing throughout. It was great to see Team Rocket's entire lineup in the episode, the new credits, and the whole thing with spoink. My two cents:

-- The scene where Team Rocket kept trying to get clamperl to open up was ROFLOL hilarious. :D I liked James having Chimecho try to get it open, Jessie's head swelling in anger, and her breathing fire (Jessie breathing fire never fails to crack me up).
-- The random chibi moment with Jessie was odd, but it was funny.
-- Brock dragging Max away, thinking he was clamperl, was hilarious. I forget what other episode he did the same thing in before, though.
-- I loved spoink putting all the various pokemon on his head. The part where he put wailmer on his head had to be the funniest. :D
-- I wish we could have seen spoink again, it was a pretty funny two-time character.

8/10 for me, a strong season opener.

Kthleen

Wayfaring stranger
It was a tad dull to me.

umbreot said:
Clampearl... Why does clampearl look like a a weird, idiotic pokemon before it evolves??
Would you rather it look like one of these? A slab or two of meat, perhaps with a pearl?

wobbanut said:
-- Brock dragging Max away, thinking he was clamperl, was hilarious. I forget what other episode he did the same thing in before, though.
I Feel Skitty!

wobbanut

Team Awesome
Kthleen said:
I Feel Skitty!

Thanks! :D I was wracking my brains all weekend on that. I appreciate it. :)

Also, one other thing I liked about the episode is the usual boss fantasy turned around to being a bad thing. Now *that* was a welcome change. I know they'll do that a few more times this season.

W

WaluigiCubed

This episode was pretty good, and it was a nice start to the 8th season of the series. Torkoal's kind-heartedness almost got him into trouble xD. Also, it was pretty funny to see Spoink put a Wailmer on its head. And the expressions on Team Rocket's faces when they were reading James' attack cards were pretty funny as well. So overall, it was a pretty funny episode.

Rex Kamex

Okay. Spoink is starting to become a total loser. I'm sorry, Spoink, but come on! It meets Ash and co., and doesn't keep track of its pearl for a few seconds. You'd think due to last time it would've learned a lesson in responsibility but nooooo. (Okay, so maybe I exaggerated a little bit.)

wobbanut said:
Also, one other thing I liked about the episode is the usual boss fantasy turned around to being a bad thing. Now *that* was a welcome change. I know they'll do that a few more times this season.

Yeah, that was a funny part. I also liked the scene where Torkoal jumped into the water and basically ignored the fact that it was a fire type. I don't know which Spoink episode I like better, because I liked the Magikarp Salesman's appearance in the other one.

Tazzler

Most likely a hyper beam.

WaterDragon trainer

Freak Like Me
To reply to Rukario639, could that move Regirock used in the intro be Zap Cannon?

WaterDragon trainer

Freak Like Me
I highly doubt it's ancient power. Regirock shot some sort of beam. Seeing as how this beam isn't hyper beam, zap cannon would be the next best thing. Afterall, Regirock's beam did seem to have electrical sparks in it.

WaterDragon trainer

Freak Like Me
I'm telling you Rukario639, that move Regirock uses is Zap Cannon. It shot an electrical beam and besides, Superpower is a move that makes physical contact with the opponent.

Inuyasha639

? ? ? ??* ? ??* ? ? ? ?
I guess you're right. There were some electric sparks when Regirock fired Zap cannon. So that's pretty possible.;rukario;

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior

I loved this episode, good to see Torkoal again!

TR trying to get the clamperl to open was good

and I was wrong it was Mewtwo, a normal human can't jump that eye, but he had a huge purple zit! for people I argued with over that, Sorry! everyone makes mistakes

I would give it 9/10

the relicanth realy can tommorow