• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Clannad anyone?

Jolteon91

iDOLM@STER Fanboy
I never get a chance to play the Visual Novel. Usually anime type games tend to be short that's why.

As far as content gies the Clannad visual novel (and pretty much every other visual novel that gets an adaption) make their anime adaptions look short in comparison

FinalSynFrey

As far as content gies the Clannad visual novel (and pretty much every other visual novel that gets an adaption) make their anime adaptions look short in comparison

These type of games, maybe I can finish in less than 24 Hours. I'll probably consider playing It I suppose.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
These type of games, maybe I can finish in less than 24 Hours. I'll probably consider playing It I suppose.

Noooooo, you won't be able to finish Clannad's visual novel in 24 hours. You have to play through it numerous times to get different story arcs, and even then you can mess it up very easily. There's a guide available online that shows you what to do and how to get to certain story arcs for rewards (required for further advancement).

Jolteon91

iDOLM@STER Fanboy
Well technically he might be able to if he didn't read it and just ran through. But there's not point in that really.

He still wouldn't be able to get through Clannad completely that fast, you have to do every single route to get the true ending, and as you say there would be no point in going through them that quick because you wouldn't get any of the story.

I don't play VNs but if I ever get the crazy idea to I think Clannad will be my first.

*cough**cough*Little Busters!*cough**cough*

Last edited:

FinalSynFrey

He still wouldn't be able to get through Clannad completely that fast, you have to do every single route to get the true ending, and as you say there would be no point in going through them that quick because you wouldn't get any of the story.

*cough**cough*Little Busters!*cough**cough*

Alright, you guys win. If I ever have time to get Clannad, then for sure I'll do It.
Since I already finished the series, It shouldn't be too hard.

Simipour

<('.'<) (>'.')>
I think Clannad takes 100 hours at least. I dont know exactly how long ive played, but I'm not even up to After Story yet.(That said, ive completed many scenes from the after story anime, it's just how the VN is structured.) I was planning to play Kanon next, but I could probably push that to the side for Little Busters. The Kanon VN has pretty bad animation from what I hear, plus ive seen the anime(2006). Anyway I'll decide after Clannad, still got Toshio and Nagisa's route + after story.

Jolteon91

iDOLM@STER Fanboy
I think Clannad takes 100 hours at least. I dont know exactly how long ive played, but I'm not even up to After Story yet.(That said, ive completed many scenes from the after story anime, it's just how the VN is structured.) I was planning to play Kanon next, but I could probably push that to the side for Little Busters. The Kanon VN has pretty bad animation from what I hear, plus ive seen the anime(2006). Anyway I'll decide after Clannad, still got Toshio and Nagisa's route + after story.

The reason you see scenes from the After Story anime adaption before getting to After Story in the VN is because there are only three routes in After Story, you get Akio's route plus the normal (I don't really know what to call it) route where
Nagisa, and later Ushio die, only after going through that can you get the true end route where Nagisa survives

And yeah, Little Busters! Is the way to go, it's Key's best if you ask me.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
I got Clannad as an early birthday present from Dad, so my parents and I watched the first three episodes just now.

They're still very confused, but I think they're finding themselves liking it. Dad laughed (well snickered) whenever Akio and Sanae came on-screen, most of Sunohara's beatings, and the fat cat reveal (compared it to our cat). And Mom has been paying enough attention to ask questions about why it's so weird and why Nagisa looks like a bug (though she's smiled a bit herself). So next week when I come home from my grandparents, we'll be finishing the first disk. I would've continued on, but I did promise two episodes (purposefully let it continue for the third episode).

[IMG139]http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/088/113/plan2jh7.jpg[/IMG139]

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Glad to hear your family enjoyed it somewhat. Did you watch it dubbed?

Yeah, we have the dub. I didn't expect my parents to read subtitles for longer than five minutes, and I do enjoy the dub. They actually thought Sunohara's voice actor was Bobby Hill's voice actor XD.

Whiskas

Cat Food
EDIT.
Yes. I've seen it. It's a really good anime.

Last edited:

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
...um... nzn123... only that's only true for, like, three characters... possibly more depending on how you played the route. And even then, you didn't put spoiler tags around that. There are some people who haven't seen the show or played the visual novel yet. Be a little considerate for them.

Anyhoo, haven't made much progress with the family since I'm waiting until Friday night to continue on with the first disk, but it looks like I got another brother into it. It's weird, he looked like he was going through withdrawals yesterday since he wanted to watch the next episode (episode four) before I left the house for the week. I told him he had to wait until Friday, and he was rather upset over it. I'm not worried about it, since I see CLANNAD as appropriate enough to watch it with the whole family (compared to other anime series). I'm sure there are some thirteen-fourteen-year-olds who watch CLANNAD. And Mom and Dad didn't object to him sitting with us, so yeah.

It's kinda funny he got into it so quickly, since he walked in in the middle of episode two where Tomoya meets Kotomi. He had no idea what was going on xD.

Ansem1013

4768-7457-8661
I just started watching the anime not too long ago. On episode 11 I think.

Is it worth it to play the game and watch the anime? I've been hearing about the game and it kind of intrigues me...

Banana Knight Arthur

NEGATIVE MINUS
Oh, and I'm pretty sure that nearly everyone who actively posts in this section has seen Clannad.

'Cept for me, but it is on my 'list,' so to speak....

I decided I should watch it because of the rave reviews it gets, and last time I payed attention to rave reviews, I discovered Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica and Mirai Nikki.