• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Clans & Leagues are back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Hey all

I know many of you got mighty ****** when certain mods here went and removed clans and leagues without approval. As such, I've worked on a comprimise to get them back without the mods moaning too much.

As such, I've created new forums as sub-forums of DP Battles forthem; One for Clans and one for Leagues. There are some restrictions however. Moderation is now utilised in those forums so you have to have a mod moderate your threads before they get active. Post Counts are also not going to count in these forums.

Advertising other sites/forums is not allowed; Attacking other clans/leagues is not allowed; Spamming PMs and Profile messages to others to get them to join is not allowed

Follow these rules and everything will be fine

Sorry for the inconvenience caused by the mods, and let your friends know about this if they have left due to the situation last week

Thanks and I hope you have fun

~Serebii

Links;

http://www.serebiiforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=166 - Clan Forum
http://www.serebiiforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=167 - League Forum

goldfan

playing an ish game
Thankyou very much for this compromise. I was all for having clans and Leagues Moderated, as they were spamholes. But I thought a separate section was the answer. Thankyou Serebii!

umbreunatic

No they didn't

Maybe it is about other moderators aswell. But I believe you are talking about Volteon and Erik Destler (at least they are involved, I know). But Volteon came back from three weeks of vacation to notice that there were a lot of things to be watched and to be watched by a moderator. Erik Destler has close to no internet connection.

They couldn't simply do all things at once. That is why they closed it iirc. And even if that is without approval. If this section turned out to be a big spam hole, they would have done it wrong aswell.. :(

Mandude

This is a great compromise thank you for taking the time to fix the situation.
*Bows*

Last edited:
A lot of people are going to be VERY happy about this. :)

And, I don't fully understand what happened, but I'm sure they meant well, even if they should've put a bit more thought into what they were doing.

goldfan

playing an ish game
I just tried to post a wall of text in the DP Leagues section asking people if they would like to re-start the USL, do you know where it could have gone? It didn't post.

Dawn_Hero

Written Insanity~
I had PMed Volteon and Erik Destler about the possibility of having a sub-forum for clans and leagues. Im so glad that it actually happened, even if it wasnt due to my PMs :p

In the end, thank you so much for all this ^.^

EDIT: Goldfan, topics require moderators to approve it or something. I posted Team Dawn in the clans section and it didnt come up, either. Once a mod approves it, they'll both be in ^_^

umbreunatic

Then instead of doing all things at once, they should have asked for help and not undermined me and just gone through and done something detrimental to the forums. Simple as.

Okay I get what you are saying now, and I do have to add that I kinda agree. I don't know if they asked for help to the staff as whole. But I know they are not the only moderators in that section. And even with their own problems, they tried to do allright.

They might have maded the wrong decission. And they did undermine you, with that decission. But in the end they did it to help you. And maybe they were scared admitting they couldn't handle the situation, since I know they have like 5 other staff members working in the same section. Maybe they were affraid you would say, 7 is enough, it should be easily done. Or maybe they were affraid of asking you help, since form modding at other forums, I know you have to take your own decissions at times.

Btw last I think they have been punished enough of getting hate-mail, hate-pms or other things in that category. Don't be to harsh on them, cause they actually do a lot of work. And I could know from being befriended with them..

P.S I don't (and most probably won't) know how the staff forum of you works, so if there is some thread to ask for assistence, then most of this doesn't count.

Thank you, Serebii. Simple as that. Restored my faith in this forum's battling (forgive my now-archaic sig) and we can now go about business as normal. *bows*

~Fatale

pirate555

Word.
A lot of people are going to be VERY happy about this.

And, I don't fully understand what happened, but I'm sure they meant well, even if they should've put a bit more thought into what they were doing.

And I am definitely one of those people ^^
I had already migrated a league to a new site, but with a new individual sub-forum, I may well be coming back soonish, if the mods accept my league :p

Thank you very much for coming to a compromise, I hope nobody - the groups, the mods, the members - comes out too badly affected by this last week.
Pirate

Conquistador

Vive la Revolution!
Lol, Leagues weren't ever really gone... There's about fifty of them xD.

However, I am pleased that Clans have made a return! =D

EDIT: It would seem I completely misunderstood this announcement. *facepalm*.

I should probably have looked at the Battle section before replying.

Last edited:

zapdragon14

High as the sky 8D
Thanks serebii! It will be interesting to know how the new sub-forums turn out. I was never going to fully leave here, just battle on a different forum, but now everything's back to normal. Cheers!

Misaki-chi

loves Rutger
How about we stop discussing how badly Joe thinks all his staff suck in this thread, seeing as it's irrelevant and it's kind of undermining us too? ^_^ What we did was what we felt was for the betterment of the forum. Evidently Joe disagreed but we weren't aware until too late due to a communication error. I hope you lot are happy you got your spamhole back.

firepokemon

Fire and Ice
^ Sorry Kylie but can't.

Good to see that after nearly nine years you still undermine staff. Well done. I mean your new pokemon fans are so important to the welfare and sheer stupidity of this pokemon community.

Doctor Is

iWinner of all Time
Are we therefore allowed to post in there right now?
What does it mean by the fact that moderators have to...ur, moderate our threads? O_O

umbreunatic

How about we stop discussing how badly Joe thinks all his staff suck in this thread, seeing as it's irrelevant and it's kind of undermining us too? ^_^ What we did was what we felt was for the betterment of the forum. Evidently Joe disagreed but we weren't aware until too late due to a communication error. I hope you lot are happy you got your spamhole back.

Okay I shall stop for you, Misaki-chi and the staff people, I know, if you say it is bad for the staff as whole, then I will quit it, as I do know about 5 staff people, and I know they do their best.

One more question (not concerning what I have said previously), concerning the people that send hate-mail etc, and that received warnings/infractions for that. Do the people keep those infractions?

It should be so I think, considering the fact that they played for own judges. Which kinda undermines the no minimod rule. (btw you might give me an infraction for saying this xD). But I think hate mail is as worse as the bulleying mentioned like previous week.

Edit: to the poster above me, it means that moderators have to approve the threads before they show up.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.