• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Clans & Leagues are back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Yes fp, I'm undermining the staff by doing something they should have done and should have consulted me in regards to. Good job

umbreunatic

Yes fp, I'm undermining the staff by doing something they should have done and should have consulted me in regards to. Good job

not meant to go into discussion, but I think he means (anyway I did mean that) by putting it in this thread visable for all people. Since I do get that you are, lets say, negtative about what they did. But he probably means to say, you could have told them in the staff forums. And I say, I do get that they have done something wrong. But "punishing" them "en public" you can make the people that send hate-mail, pms etc. feel like they have done the right thing (by sending the hate-mail).

But I should shut up, probably :(

Last edited:

Misaki-chi

loves Rutger
Are we therefore allowed to post in there right now?
What does it mean by the fact that moderators have to...ur, moderate our threads? O_O

To stop spammy and stupid threads, mods have to approve them first. So when they don't show up, don't panic; a mod should get to them soon. Don't keep reposting. >> And don't deprecate yourself, umbreunatic. It's okay. ^^

firepokemon

Fire and Ice
No I don't umbreneutic. This is classic Serebii. Ignores when people are trying to consult things with him and then finally when some noobish dipshit pokemon fan complains, what does he do? Why he berates the moderators and goes about making sure he services the most innate users of his forum and site.

Its exactly like when people decide to +m #spp. Normal practice really, people have been doing it for years. You do it when the chat gets a bunch of morons and kicking/banning them doesn't cut the mustard. But of course the fact that some of his stupid idiots that cause most of the disruptive crap in both channels can't talk for a period of time upsets the **** out of him so he has to go ahead and berate the op and then sets a lock on it so no one can use +m. And wouldn't you know some clever person starts flooding #spp and is seemingly able to evade the bans because the bans are pretty simple to start off with and thus keeps doing **** in the channel. Now +m would have put a periodic stop to it and could have been used for a small period of time till the chaos ends. But they couldn't use it because Serebii locked that mode.

Now the ops were able to set that aside and do other modes and certain bans to get rid of the pest. But still sometimes the channel gets pathetic as a bunch of idiotic users most of whom are the pathetic javatards and so in times of this +m can sometimes be a refuge but of course Serebii can't handle them not being able to talk even if its for a small period of time. It isn't like +m is abused or anything by the ops.

The problem with Serebii is he can't help but undermine staff and often treats them like children when really if you have ever seen him in the chat when serebii.net is down and listen to him moan about it, you would think he was twelve. Not to mention his insane reasoning that things like sleep clauses etc are pathetic and that ubers should be allowed in any battle.

That and I am sure he ignores a lot of crap both here at the forums and at the chat. And then I suspect ***** about it when people try to do things. Often people can't do anything whatsoever because Serebii has to be consulted so that it doesn't affect his pathetic newish people that are lets face it retards.

There isn't anything new in this. Its just Serebii being Serebii. He may have lost a bunch of weight and he may now have some type of social life. And yeah he's the webmaster of the most popular pokemon website. But he's still a **** and through close to nine years still has much to learn.

mimefan

Banned
Wait so is this about the fact that Serebii and all the staff sucks or about the topic in hand. People if you wanna go moan go into politics. But I think this is a good idea. Just as long as he doesn't undermine the staff anymore then that's all right.

mimefan

Banned
Ohhh now I get it but whatever I might as well see if they're good or bad.

Ethan

Banned
Well, I understand how you feel Joe. As the owner of the site it's probably going to be frustrating to recieve complaints from people in regards to something you did not even explicity authorize. However, as far as I'm aware you have not explicitly stated how you preferr to be contacted in the mod forum. (I know now that I've asked you about it in the chat.) There was a topic about it. As you said earlier, their heart was in the right place but they went about it the wrong way. So perhaps you could talk it over with them on a one-on-one level as opposed to publicly critisizing them? Well, the whole situation really doesn't concern me much, but I just thought I'd throw in my 2 cents. If it was worth anything. =P

Flamer

I'm pleased there back, even if I didn't use them that much, they were still enjoyable. This might be pushing it, but any chance of having some of the clubs back? I know some were full of spam and one liners, but some, (like the PMD Club v3) were excellent clubs with dedicated owners and didn't really deserved to be shut down.

D

Deleted member 11515

Please note, I figured a lot of this would happen. :p
And I only said they'd be gone from DP Battles ~!

Enjoy your organization ~! ^^;

Serebii

Staff member
Admin

Before next time, remind me Tyler to give you a primer on what seamless transitions are for

Serebii

Staff member
Admin

Before next time, remind me Tyler to give you a primer on what seamless transitions are for

Locke Yggdrasill

Eustis on reddit
That was an awfully short permanancy @ "clans and leagues are hereby put on permanent hold". :p

^ Sorry Kylie but can't.

Good to see that after nearly nine years you still undermine staff. Well done. I mean your new pokemon fans are so important to the welfare and sheer stupidity of this pokemon community.
Wouldn't he technically be overmining? :O

Last edited:

CyndaquilRules

I personally don't battle much but this seems like a cool idea, I wasn't around when they were taken off but I'm sure a lot of people went crazy over that.

I find it funny that people think Serebii undermines Staff, his site is his to do anything with and it's not liek his staff have to be staff, they're lucky to get to be staff in the first place..

xXPorygonXx

Sort of active
No I don't umbreneutic. This is classic Serebii. Ignores when people are trying to consult things with him and then finally when some noobish dipshit pokemon fan complains, what does he do? Why he berates the moderators and goes about making sure he services the most innate users of his forum and site.

Its exactly like when people decide to +m #spp. Normal practice really, people have been doing it for years. You do it when the chat gets a bunch of morons and kicking/banning them doesn't cut the mustard. But of course the fact that some of his stupid idiots that cause most of the disruptive crap in both channels can't talk for a period of time upsets the **** out of him so he has to go ahead and berate the op and then sets a lock on it so no one can use +m. And wouldn't you know some clever person starts flooding #spp and is seemingly able to evade the bans because the bans are pretty simple to start off with and thus keeps doing **** in the channel. Now +m would have put a periodic stop to it and could have been used for a small period of time till the chaos ends. But they couldn't use it because Serebii locked that mode.

Now the ops were able to set that aside and do other modes and certain bans to get rid of the pest. But still sometimes the channel gets pathetic as a bunch of idiotic users most of whom are the pathetic javatards and so in times of this +m can sometimes be a refuge but of course Serebii can't handle them not being able to talk even if its for a small period of time. It isn't like +m is abused or anything by the ops.

The problem with Serebii is he can't help but undermine staff and often treats them like children when really if you have ever seen him in the chat when serebii.net is down and listen to him moan about it, you would think he was twelve. Not to mention his insane reasoning that things like sleep clauses etc are pathetic and that ubers should be allowed in any battle.

That and I am sure he ignores a lot of crap both here at the forums and at the chat. And then I suspect ***** about it when people try to do things. Often people can't do anything whatsoever because Serebii has to be consulted so that it doesn't affect his pathetic newish people that are lets face it retards.

There isn't anything new in this. Its just Serebii being Serebii. He may have lost a bunch of weight and he may now have some type of social life. And yeah he's the webmaster of the most popular pokemon website. But he's still a **** and through close to nine years still has much to learn.

Geez, someone is stuck in the past. ><

Anyway, glad to see the Leagues back up. Took alot of fun out of DP Battles, having them gone.

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
I find it funny that people think Serebii undermines Staff, his site is his to do anything with and it's not liek his staff have to be staff, they're lucky to get to be staff in the first place..
S'cuse me, you shouldn't be talking about that when you have no clue what you're talking about. Most of the people who posted saying that either were staff members on either the chat or the forum, or are close to people who are/were. Unless you're a staff member or used to be one, you can't say how he treats them. So why don't you just post more kissing up/praise that they're back like the rest of these members and not insult the staff more than we already have been?

blisseymaster

Cyberdark_Zero
Great to see the clans and leagues are back. You're doing a hell of a job Serebii. Oh and people like firepokemon, stop bashing others. Honestly, it's pathetic.

CyndaquilRules

S'cuse me, you shouldn't be talking about that when you have no clue what you're talking about. Most of the people who posted saying that either were staff members on either the chat or the forum, or are close to people who are/were. Unless you're a staff member or used to be one, you can't say how he treats them. So why don't you just post more kissing up/praise that they're back like the rest of these members and not insult the staff more than we already have been?

I wasn't insulting staff. I was pointing out my view. I'm sorry if I offended anyone, it was never meant to.

I never said how he treats you either. I just said that i don't think it's possible to undermine what you control.

Well I'll stop now, I don't want to get in an argument I can't win.

Sorry to anyone I offended.

Status
Not open for further replies.