1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We're currently having an issue where e-mails sent to gmail accounts are not going through and are bouncing back. We're currently working to resolve this matter and apologise for any inconvenience
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Clarification for Hidden Abilities

Discussion in 'Pokémon - Generation VII Discussion' started by Trixys, May 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trixys

Trixys Member

Hi,

Just a quick question. I was always under the assumption that a Pokemon will have either one of its normal abilities (if there are more than one options) OR a Hidden Ability if you acquired it by some way that allows this (like a lengthy SOS battle).

In this gen, can it have BOTH a hidden and its normal ability?

I ask because I was chaining an SOS battle with Ditto, and came across a Ditto with Impostor - its hidden ability. I decided the chain was long enough and attempted to catch it but it resisted multiple attempts. To ease my task, I tried to paralyze it before catching it [Stun Spore] but I got told that its Limber prevents paralysis. So I'm confused. Is this just a Ditto thing or did something change?

2. Sceptile Leaf Blade

Sceptile Leaf Blade Well-Known Member

When Ditto transforms it also copies the ability of the pokémon it transforms into.

3. Trixys

Trixys Member

Oh I see. Makes sense now. Thanks so much!

4. xEryChan

xEryChan Picture Perfect Staff Member Moderator

Please use the Help thread for any questions you have next time. Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.