• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Clash of the Connoisseurs! (741)

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
So, let me sum up this episode:

- Cilan defeats Pinot Noir with Zeustle, of course.
- Cabernet gets zero development and is blasted off just like that.
- Cilan turns out to be right, now that's a shocker.

Zero Cilan/Cabernet development.

The only development we got here was the Opelucid/Tachiwaki city one.

Oh, and the irony, Cilan is the one who convinces Ash to go there. xD

He did show off his skills, like for the FIRST time. We got to have a bit more inside info of how they do that, and also, Dento reconfirmed his Purrloin phobia. XDD

Dento's perfect like Tama-chan. If he's a Stu so be it. As long as he reminds me of my Tama-chan. <3 The "Dento's too perfect rant" obviously won't effect my Dento lurv

Still though, a very cute episode.

I had a feeling not much development would happen after I saw Cabernet involved. Though, I'm happy that it showed his Purrloin fear. One day we'll get to the bottom of this i hope so far we are just scratching the surface of Pokemon Sommeliers.

Last edited:

dman_dustin

- Cilan turns out to be right, now that's a shocker.

ONLY because Cilan picked up on the subtle nuance that Momocici (whatever the hell she's called) had already chosen a Pokemon partner.

Even though judging by Momoicici's apology she wasn't supposed to.

So Cilan didn't so much choose Momoicici's partner, he just sided with Momoicici's choice.

Raptor_Crow

I lied to you all
Oh god, I really hope Pinot Noir returns. That guy is such a fabulous freak, he reminds of Harley.

Btw I'm currently only talking through the pictures and did Pinot actually kiss Dent's hand?

So Cilan didn't so much choose Momoicici's partner, he just sided with Momoicici's choice.
That's almost close to one of the theory's I had which would make Dent not seem negative in this episode.

Last edited:

Raptor_Crow

I lied to you all
No he sniffed him. But that freaked me out. It looked like Dento was going to slap him. Death by fanboys? Check.
Ah okay, still weird. And yeah I thought Pinot Noir did sniff Dent's hand, but I wasn't fully sure. I don't know why I didn't say that as well.

Raptor_Crow

I lied to you all
So what was actually said in regards to the group not being able to go to Soryuu City?

I'm glad we didn't find out the reason for Dent's Choroneko phobia in this episode, because this is only the second time it's been brought up.

Well third if you count the 14th movie, but that was breif.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I'm glad we didn't find out the reason for Dent's Choroneko phobia in this episode, because this is only the second time it's been brought up.

We do? What was it?

Raptor_Crow

I lied to you all
I said we didn't and it's been brought up as in it's the second time Dent's shown his phobia over Choroneko. It would have been too soon.

Graham Aker

Hey Cilan, use something other than Crustle please. Shell Smash + Attack has seriously gotten beyond old. But no, gotta keep having Crustle steal the spotlight from something that actually needs it...like Stunfisk.

At any rate, I enjoyed Burgundy quite a bit, and Pinot Noir was kinda fun too I guess. I wish the former would move up in rank already though. At least a B-class, wouldn't be too much to ask would it?

Last edited:

gliscor&yanmega

Btw I'm currently only talking through the pictures and did Pinot actually kiss Dent's hand?

No he sniffed him. But that freaked me out. It looked like Dento was going to slap him. Death by fanboys? Check.

I wasn't sure if he kissed his hand or not either, but ok he sniffed it...that makes...more weird...but I like weird so :3

Pinot seems pretty interesting, wouldn't mind if he returns with a bag over his head, although I don't know, seems like Cilan and him are on good terms from the looks of it, don't really see much of a rivalry coming from him, still wouldn't mind if he returns though.

The episode looks interesting to me, can't wait to watch it.

Hanto

Water Addiction
That. Creepy. Dot. Eyes X_X
I`m glad to see Cabernet, girl doesn`t give up despite writers actually hate her and don`t want to give poor Somellier some development. Tricky tactics in disguise ala Team Rocket is sweet, but... that`s all?
That Pinot guy is not my cup of tea, he is just the bad version of Dento.
Zero development for Dento. Another boring win for Zeustle. NO FLASHBACK TO ROOTS OF DENTO`S PHOBIA. Just another luckluster filler filled with fabulousness and sparklez. I`m really disappointed.

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
I wasn't sure if he kissed his hand or not either, but ok he sniffed it...that makes...more weird...but I like weird so :3

That was pretty weird.

Pinot seems pretty interesting, wouldn't mind if he returns with a bag over his head, although I don't know, seems like Cilan and him are on good terms from the looks of it, don't really see much of a rivalry coming from him, still wouldn't mind if he returns though.

Remember how he and Cabernet was on good terms? Lol! He does need a bag on his head.

He just needs the Purrloin to return. Just a Purrloin. One day, something will come up and say he can't be a good Sommelier if he can't open up to all Pokemon.

Chomper4

What did Nurse Joy say in terms of Opelucid Gym closing

gliscor&yanmega

That was pretty weird.

Remember how he and Cabernet was on good terms? Lol! He does need a bag on his head.

He just needs the Purrloin to return. Just a Purrloin. One day, something will come up and say he can't be a good Sommelier if he can't open up to all Pokemon.

Well Burgundy is crazy...her actions never make sense :3. But seriously, I still feel trolled by that till this day D:

I'd still wouldn't mind Pinot coming back, even if it wasn't meant to be a rival. It's too bad the Purrloin didn't really do much for Cilan's problem with it, leaves me with hope Burgundy will get one though and Cilan will develop from that.

Pinot Noir is such a creep. He shakes his butt.... and he sniff's Cilan's hand...

Well look at it this way, at less he doesn't shake Cilan's hand and sniff his butt, I mean...shaking his hand would make him a total creepy freak weirdo >:p.

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
Well Burgundy is crazy...her actions never make sense :3. But seriously, I still feel trolled by that till this day D:

I'd still wouldn't mind Pinot coming back, even if it wasn't meant to be a rival. It's too bad the Purrloin didn't really do much for Cilan's problem with it, leaves me with hope Burgundy will get one though and Cilan will develop from that.

I always thought she might be PMSing everytime she meets up with them. xD jk Burgundy's pretty cool though. I think she's mad at Pinot now, so she might start to respect Dento a little bit more.

Yeah. I'm happy that he showed irrational fear. I admired him though, he was trying not to cower. He seemed to relax when he sent Crustle out to murder it. XD I hope it's brought up that he can't move up to S Class if he doesn't get over that fear of his. Then we find out why he's scared etc. This was good, for re-establishing his fear at least. After all, it'd be WAY too soon for my tastes if they had his Purrloin fear end here. :) So, in a way, I'm happy they are taking baby steps. xD

Well look at it this way, at less he doesn't shake Cilan's hand and sniff his butt, I mean...shaking his hand would make him a total creepy freak weirdo >:p.

Oh lord....being a dog lover, I'm not sure what's weirder anymore. xD

Last edited:

RickHoenn

Banned
It was an ok episode, we found out the reason Ash is heading to Homika's Gym and it's reasonable :) Iris was happy btw. Burgundy was her usual self and she got blasted off LOL.

The blond freak was going kiss Cilan's hand WTF!?? That was weird as hell O_O Cilan got a little angry hahah. I thought Cilan was going to lose this one but Crustle shows again how much of a powerhouse it is.

Raptor_Crow

I lied to you all
Dent was sweet and adorable in this episode, yeah there was no character development, but at the same time there was nothing to be nitpicked about him here. He respected the fact that Momocchi already had a Pokémon friend who she bonded with. I love it whenever Dent helps someone out as a Pokémon Sommelier as he always puts on a kind demeanour that's impossible to hate, also Dent is so nice around children (whether it's human or Pokémon children) he will never do anything forceful to a little kid. I loved this ep for the adorableness, campiness and crazy Cabernet.

I would have preferred it if Dent used and won with Magyo, that was my only gripe with this episode. But at same time I really do like Iwapalace.

It's funny when you realize out of those three Pokémon Sommeliers in this episode Dent was the most normal. Cabernet had her pretending to be an S-Class Sommelier, sniffing Momocchi (freaking the poor girl out) and basically some Team Rocket-like moments, Pinot Noir had his hip shaking, butt thrusting and smelling Dent's hand and the only odd thing Dent did was sniff the ground like a dog trying to find the scent that came from Momocchi.

Last edited:

thekorean

That little girl looked freaky. Its probably the eye, dont think Pkemon creators ever drew a character like that, scary.