• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Clash of the Connoisseurs! (741)

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
A boring filler episode, Im surprised Nurse Joy didn't report the kidnapping. Burgundy is just extremely annoying & embarassing. The little girl was weird looking. All in all nothing exciting happened I guess this is how all Cilan focus episodes are.

It wasn't boring! IT WAS THE CUTEST EPISODE EVER. Like seriously? Is this how non-fangirls view his episodes? I have like an emotional connection to the guy HE GOT ON HIS HANDS AN KNEES AND SNIFFED OUT THE FOONGUS (THAT IS SO PRO.). fjrklgargh They didn't even want Dento to be right. ;-; IT HAD TENSION. I thought that Purrloin would get the best of him. XD

Tron Bonne

Eevee fanatic
I thought this was a funny episode, but incredibly creepy. I never knew people had an issue with Cilan. He's so over-the-top and out there, it's refreshing to me, so anytime he goes into his it's evaluation time thing or anything like that, I just accept that he's crazy (in a good way) and enjoy it for what it is. This episode was no different, with all the sniffing and odd behaviour. I am curious about his Purrloin fear though, hopefully it's an interesting reason.

Last edited:

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
A boring filler episode, Im surprised Nurse Joy didn't report the kidnapping. Burgundy is just extremely annoying & embarassing. The little girl was weird looking. All in all nothing exciting happened I guess this is how all Cilan focus episodes are.

Since when is an episode focusing on Dent dream and his showing his Sommelier skills a filler?

wobbanut

Team Awesome
I loved this episode. I don't remember if we see that other connoisseur guy again, but it was interesting to see Cilan have *two* fellow connoisseurs around and all three of them trying to find a good pokemon for the little girl. Burgundy's always a hoot, too. :) The driver manhandling Cilan into the car was funny too. The little girl's animation was a little... creepy, though. I think it's those big black eyes, they just look odd.

8/10

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I liked this episode. I hope we don't see Richard again though.

NPT

Just a member
"Clash of the Connoisseurs!"

After beating the Icirrus City Gym Leader Brycen and winning the Freeze badge, Ash and Co. arrives in Opelucid City....only to find the Opelucid Gym closed. So the group decides to go Virbank City so Ash can challenge the Virbank Gym instead. But then a with limousine pulls up in front of the group and a man comes out of it, asking for Cilan. When Cilan introduced himself, the man forcefully throws them in the limo. Tbh I thought he was kidnapping them or something until the man said that his master a.k.a Mr. Hatterly requested a skilled Pokémon Connoisseur and his pick is Cilan. I liked seeing Burgundy again, it was funny how she was banging her head on the entrance gate for getting the permission to help Mr. Hatterly. Being a 'C' class connoisseur must be awful to her. She made me LOL many times in this episode.

It turns out that Cilan wasn't the only 'A' class connoisseur who's is invited by Mr. Hatterly, there was another 'A' class connoisseur named Ricard Nouveau. Tbh Ricard's appearance creeped me out. It's weird when he was shacking himself like that, it was even more weird when he sniffed Cilan's hand. Cilan didn't seem to like it at all.

Mr. Hatterly explained he called the connoisseurs because it's time for his daughter Marigold to have her first Pokémon, so he needs the connoisseurs to pick a perfect first Pokémon for her. I liked Marigold, she was kinda cute.

Seeing "the legendary S class connoisseur" Burgundy.....I mean Fauxgundy was funny and weird at the same time. It's creepy when she he bagan sniffing Marigold all over, making her freak out. It's funny when Lilipup revealed Burgundy's C class badge and the butler threw her out.

I liked the battle between Cilan and Ricard. Even though he was afraid of Ricard's Purrloin, it's cool how he won the battle with Crustle. It's funny when Burgundy blasted off and Ash made a comment about it. It was nice to see Cilan figuring out who would be the best Pokémon for Marigold, it showed his connoisseur skills.

Overall, it was an interesting episode focusing on Cilan and his connisseur skills, I enjoyed Cilan's rivalry with Ricard. Tbh I think Ricard would've been a good rival for him, but sadly he didn't appear again after this episode.

Shego

The Pokémon Explorer
I'm so glad that Cilan done well in Pokemon Connoisseur Association. Defeating Ricard and to help the young girl who choose the pokemon that is best suited for her. Sending Burgundy into a blast off? Serve her right. At this rate, Cilan will be promoted to the S-Class connoisseur in not time. Keep up the good work Cilan sweetie. As for Burgundy, she needs to be demoted (like demoted to mop-up duty) for forcing fellow trainers like Ash and Iris to give up their pokemon that they cared about instead of helping them strengthen their bond, her bad evaluations and ignoring the duties of C-Class to assist the A or S-Class. Or any kind of punishment to throw at that stuck-up connaisseuse.

Last edited:
It only turned out to be a Foongus in the end.
I don't know what I expected.

So, I guess we'll be going down the B2W2 route in the show starting with Virbank City pretty soon. :)

JudySpell

Banned
Cilan came off as self centered again but that Ricard dude was even worse. If I was that kid I wouldn't have chosen Foongus though. 6/10

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Aww poor Burgundy wasn't allowed in the mansion and sneaked in disguised. Ricard sniffing Cilan's hand was awkward and Marigold was cute. I thought her choosing Foongus as her first pokemon was sensible.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Pinot Noir and Dent arguing over what decision Momocchi should make for her first Pokemon was unpleasant since they both made such a big deal over it. And once again, Dent came face to face with a Choroneko and we didn't find out why he dislikes the species so much. This was a decent filler.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
I liked this episode, kinda. What pissed me off was the bad drawing of the dude's face and the little girl's eyes. I also didn't like how there were so many cuter cooler Pokemon there and one of the most ugliest ones were picked.

Alloutℯ

Banned
Ricard was probably one of the best dubbed characters on the show and there were plenty of brilliant lines throughout. Burgundy was great as always as well and even Iris was good throughout.

Leonhart

Imagineer
While I did like Pinot Noir's character and how he was almost acting as Dent's rival in this episode, I pitied Cabernet since she was treated as a gag character and wasn't given a serious role.

Daizy

I call you honey
Burgundy was like the best part of this episode for me, although I wish she had been allowed to move up in rank as a Connoisseur by now. But I hope for Stunfisk's sake that Crustle will be released in a future episode. Why is this thing so overused.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Daizy said:
Burgundy was like the best part of this episode for me, although I wish she had been allowed to move up in rank as a Connoisseur by now.

It seemed to me that the writers avoided developing Cabernet because they wanted to keep her as bitter as possible for the sake of her interactions with Dent. She was practically an underdog here and throughout the Best Wishes saga even though I wasn't really happy about that.

Burgundy: blasts off
Ash: I could've sworn I've heard this before
AWESOME TEAM ROCKET REFERENCE!!!!!
The little girl was weird with her black eyes. We were robbed of an Ash vs Dreyden or Iris gym battle, idk why that didnt happen