1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We're currently having an issue where e-mails sent to gmail accounts are not going through and are bouncing back. We're currently working to resolve this matter and apologise for any inconvenience
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Classic SNES Mini

Discussion in 'Other Video Game Discussion' started by AuraChannelerChris, Jun 26, 2017.

1. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris Hee hee...

The next Mini iteration will arrive this Sept. 29, 2017.

It contains the following 21 games:

Contra III: The Alien Wars
    Donkey Kong Country
    EarthBound
    Final Fantasy III (It's Final Fantasy VI)
    F-ZERO
    Kirby Super Star
    Kirby’s Dream Course
    The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
    Mega Man X
    Secret of Mana
    Star Fox
    Star Fox 2
    Street Fighter II Turbo: Hyper Fighting
    Super Castlevania IV
    Super Ghouls ’n Ghosts
    Super Mario Kart
    Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars
    Super Mario World
    Super Metroid
    Super Punch-Out!!
    Yoshi’s Island

One of these is not like the others...

Last edited: Jun 26, 2017
  2. Vipsoccermaster

Vipsoccermaster Well-Known Member

And once you blink, sold out already. Just kidding. Seriously, be quick if you really want one.

Very nice that you have Star Fox 2, a finished game that was never released. It's pretty cool to see this. I never owned SNES, so this would be nice if I ever get my hands on it.

3. Pokemon Power

Pokemon Power Well-Known Member

I wonder if this means we will eventually get Star Fox 1 and 2 and Yoshi's Island on the Wii U VC. By the way, is it too early to start predicting the Nintendo 64 Classic Edition?

4. Excitable Boy

Excitable Boy is a metaphor

so, Nintendo has the licenses for Super FX games and classic Squaresoft RPGs, but the only confirmed official release is on a superfluous $80 device that will inevitably be impossible to actually obtain

What the hell kind of monkey paw wish is this

5. Trainer Yusuf

Trainer Yusuf VolcaniNO

I guess SF 2 being released for realz this time will mean integrating SF 2 characters to current SF games.

6. AuraChannelerChris

Best Buy has placed a placeholder for the console.

But it's not available.

7. -Raiga-

-Raiga- Well-Known Member

It's scary just how good that game list is. And even scarier when you factor in there are about 10-20 more titles of almost the same caliber they could add onto it if they had to.

8. Nibbles4Ever

Nibbles4Ever 1 more day ^^

I'd get it if it had lufia 1 and 2 and evo. I have all the games I like on that list on my wii already..

9. AuraChannelerChris

Practically impossible since Natsume lost the Lufia license to Squenix.

10. Clamps

Clamps Warning: Jokes!

I'll probably get one of these, scalpers be damned. The only thing it's missing that I'd personally want is Dream Land 3, but a Japanese copy of that is relatively cheap so I'll probably grab one of those instead of the absurd $90-$100 the US release is going for.

Don't see why that'd make it impossible, Final Fantasy VI is on here.

11. AuraChannelerChris

You wanted to preorder one of these?

Sorry. They sold out immediately around 3am in the morning when they opened.

12. Pokemon Power

I'm just gonna wait and see if the Switch is gonna get any of these games.

13. Clamps

Clamps Warning: Jokes!

Yeah, except for the places not taking preorders, like TRU. And apparently very few of Gamestop's supply went towards preorders, though I trust Gamestop about as much as I trust Nintendo on these.

14. KillerDraco

KillerDraco The Enforcer Staff Member Super Mod

It's rumored that Amazon might get another round of preorders, based on the fact that they put quantity limitations on their preorders so a lot of people who ordered multiple ones got their orders cancelled. But time will tell, I suppose.

15. AuraChannelerChris

16. Void Ventus

Void Ventus Sic Parvis Magna

Just wanna chime in I did get an SNES Classic in on Amazon, but they cancelled it like a week or two later because "it was dangerous" to ship here in Hawaii because of dangerous materials or something. Sucks so much but whatever.

17. Genos

Genos Ultimate

18. Pokemon Power

19. BCVM22

BCVM22 Well-Known Member

There was never any suggestion of this. And there is a BIG leap between emulating NES/SNES games, and emulating N64 games. It's not just an incremental increase.

20. AuraChannelerChris

IGN has reviewed Star Fox 2 and given it 5 out of 10, and cited it for having primitive graphics.

What do you expect when you buy a console that has 20-year old games.