• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Classic SNES Mini

Vipsoccermaster

Unfortunately I couldn't go out on release night and look for the SNES Classic. I had to work that night. In the morning when I arrived home from work I checked every major retailer for the SNES Classic. Well, every store was sold out.

However, I'm in luck. My brother went to Meijers on release night and bought one for me. I just have to pay him back the 79 dollars. He said they only had 10 consoles in stock, and he was 9th in line. In about two weeks when he comes up here from college he's going to give me the console.

Also, I'm not trying to tell anyone what to do, but I would highly advise all of you to not purchase the SNES Classic from scalpers. If you can wait that's what I would highly recommend.

Do as you please, though. Eventually there will be more in stock. Paying anything over retail price isn't worth it, but that's just my opinion.
Good for you! And you're not the only one about not paying scalpers. Reggie (NoA president) said the same thing.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
Good thing Black Friday is two months away, and an equally good thing that they'll continue to produce the SNES Classic well into 2018.

I wouldn't get my hopes up if I were you.

If I had the slightest confidence in Nintendo when it comes to retro system releases I'd believe that they might keep making them into 2018, but I don't. Pretty sure they'll have one, maybe two more shipments tops, and then move onto the next big Nintendo release.

Last edited:

Vipsoccermaster

If I had the slightest confidence in Nintendo when it comes to retro system releases I'd believe that they might keep making them into 2018, but I don't. Pretty sure they'll have one, maybe two more shipments tops, and then move onto the next big Nintendo release.
Not get your hopes up? Nintendo confirmed that they will continue to produce the SNES Classic and NES Classic in 2018.

BCVM22

Pretty sure they'll have one, maybe two more shipments tops, and then move onto the next big Nintendo release.

http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20170912005798/en/

REDMOND, Wash.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Due to incredible demand for the upcoming Super Nintendo Entertainment System: Super NES Classic Edition system, Nintendo plans to ship the retro-inspired product into 2018. Originally, shipments were announced to cease at the end of this calendar year.

In addition, more units of Super NES Classic Edition will ship on its Sept. 29 launch day in the U.S. than were shipped of NES Classic Edition all last year, with subsequent shipments arriving in stores regularly.

And then what happened

SBaby

Dungeon Master

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
I have a majority of the games included on the SNES Mini and would only buy one to be able to play Super Mario RPG since the Wii Shop is now closed and it isn’t on the New 3DS eShop And FF IV (or VI or whatever you want to call it). Mega Man X I could get on the Switch and same with Street Fighter’s Anniversary Collection coming out soon. The others barring Star Fox 2 can be found easily still on the 3DS eShop. I honestly see no point in getting one myself. I wish it had Mario Paint and a SNES Mouse. If it did I might get the system to relive childhood memories of days past.

Pokemon Power

Good to know that they'll both be available at the same time this summer. On a related note, I bet Nintendo's gonna reveal the Nintendo 64 Classic Edition in August.

BCVM22

I bet Nintendo's gonna reveal the Nintendo 64 Classic Edition in August.

I don't think they will. Two reasons.

1. If they were done producing both the NES and SNES Classics, I'd be more inclined to believe it. But they just announced specifically that they'll continue making both available through the end of this year. They stopped producing the NES Classic's first run in part so that they could devote production resources to the SNES Classic - they can only produce so much at one time.

2. A self-contained system that emulates 20-30 Nintendo 64 games has significantly higher demands as far as components and memory than an NES/SNES equivalent, and I'm not rightly sure that we are at the point where they can do that in this $60-$80 sweet spot price point for the Classic systems.

Obviously, I could be wrong, and if and when they get to that point, it'll make meeeeeeeeellions of dollars, but don't fall into the trap of "well, X happened, so Y absolutely must be coming next, right now."

R_N

I don't think they will. Two reasons.

1. If they were done producing both the NES and SNES Classics, I'd be more inclined to believe it. But they just announced specifically that they'll continue making both available through the end of this year. They stopped producing the NES Classic's first run in part so that they could devote production resources to the SNES Classic - they can only produce so much at one time.

2. A self-contained system that emulates 20-30 Nintendo 64 games has significantly higher demands as far as components and memory than an NES/SNES equivalent, and I'm not rightly sure that we are at the point where they can do that in this $60-$80 sweet spot price point for the Classic systems.

Obviously, I could be wrong, and if and when they get to that point, it'll make meeeeeeeeellions of dollars, but don't fall into the trap of "well, X happened, so Y absolutely must be coming next, right now."
The former doesnt mean anything. Each Classic system is in demand and has their own fans.

I'll also say for point 2 you're probably overestimating the innards needed for good emulation. They've probably had it cooking for a while.
But also the virtual console, which will probably be the games they go with, barely got any n64 titles.
DDRrmG8VwAAbdxg.jpg

I could easily see them just going with the 17 that got into both VCs and calling it a day.

BCVM22

The former doesnt mean anything. Each Classic system is in demand and has their own fans.

Absolutely. But there's still a limit on their production, however transfinite that limit might be.

As for point no. 2, I might be overestimating the innards but I don't think I'm overestimating the price. I'm quite sure they can do it, but the question is, can they do it at the right price point? And maybe they can. It's entirely possible I'm wrong and we're getting an N64 Classic announcement after E3 this year and it will be this holiday season's hottest seller and that'll be that. I don't at the moment see any indicator that will be the case, is all.

Pokemon Power

I'll also say for point 2 you're probably overestimating the innards needed for good emulation. They've probably had it cooking for a while.
But also the virtual console, which will probably be the games they go with, barely got any n64 titles.
DDRrmG8VwAAbdxg.jpg

I could easily see them just going with the 17 that got into both VCs and calling it a day.
Probably, though I think they'd also add some of the games that were exclusive to either Wii or Wii U, like Donkey Kong 64 and Super Smash Bros..