• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Classic SNES Mini

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
The next Mini iteration will arrive this Sept. 29, 2017.

It contains the following 21 games:

Contra III: The Alien Wars
Donkey Kong Country
EarthBound
Final Fantasy III (It's Final Fantasy VI)
F-ZERO
Kirby Super Star
Kirby’s Dream Course
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
Mega Man X
Secret of Mana
Star Fox
Star Fox 2
Street Fighter II Turbo: Hyper Fighting
Super Castlevania IV
Super Ghouls ’n Ghosts
Super Mario Kart
Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars
Super Mario World
Super Metroid
Super Punch-Out!!
Yoshi’s Island

One of these is not like the others...

Last edited:

Vipsoccermaster

And once you blink, sold out already. Just kidding. Seriously, be quick if you really want one.

Very nice that you have Star Fox 2, a finished game that was never released. It's pretty cool to see this. I never owned SNES, so this would be nice if I ever get my hands on it.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
so, Nintendo has the licenses for Super FX games and classic Squaresoft RPGs, but the only confirmed official release is on a superfluous $80 device that will inevitably be impossible to actually obtain

What the hell kind of monkey paw wish is this

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
I guess SF 2 being released for realz this time will mean integrating SF 2 characters to current SF games.

-Raiga-

It's scary just how good that game list is. And even scarier when you factor in there are about 10-20 more titles of almost the same caliber they could add onto it if they had to.

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
I'd get it if it had lufia 1 and 2 and evo. I have all the games I like on that list on my wii already..

Clamps

Warning: Jokes!
You wanted to preorder one of these?

Sorry. They sold out immediately around 3am in the morning when they opened.

Yeah, except for the places not taking preorders, like TRU. And apparently very few of Gamestop's supply went towards preorders, though I trust Gamestop about as much as I trust Nintendo on these.

KillerDraco

It's rumored that Amazon might get another round of preorders, based on the fact that they put quantity limitations on their preorders so a lot of people who ordered multiple ones got their orders cancelled. But time will tell, I suppose.

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
Just wanna chime in I did get an SNES Classic in on Amazon, but they cancelled it like a week or two later because "it was dangerous" to ship here in Hawaii because of dangerous materials or something. Sucks so much but whatever.

Genos

The Indigo Disk

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
It's IGN. I stopped taking them seriously when they gave the Hoenn remakes a 7.8/10 because of "too much water."

I'm hoping to find a SNES Classic in the store tomorrow. I don't like my chances, but we'll see what happens.

BCVM22

I'm hoping to find a SNES Classic in the store tomorrow. I don't like my chances, but we'll see what happens.

Tomorrow, your chances aren't necessarily great (though they're better than they were). The important thing is that unlike the NES Classic, you'll be able to check again next week, and the week after that, and so on, and your chances will improve each time until you snag one.

BCVM22

Good thing Black Friday is two months away, and an equally good thing that they'll continue to produce the SNES Classic well into 2018.

Mew2

Team Rocket's Enemy
So, did anyone else have as easy a time as I did yesterday in getting a Classic SNES Mini? I just walked right in and got one from a Target; no line at all and no reservation. Granted it was around 8:30 in the morning and someone came up to get one right after I did but there looked to be several consoles available. And that Target opened at 8:00 so there was a good half hour for people to make a run on them.

Sαpphire

Johto Champion
So, did anyone else have as easy a time as I did yesterday in getting a Classic SNES Mini? I just walked right in and got one from a Target; no line at all and no reservation. Granted it was around 8:30 in the morning and someone came up to get one right after I did but there looked to be several consoles available. And that Target opened at 8:00 so there was a good half hour for people to make a run on them.

Unfortunately, lines at all GameStop and Target locations in my city exceeded available stock well before the opening of any store or location. Many of these units then ended up on eBay for double the original price, or more, as most of these people waiting for the system - and many who had preordered them - were scalpers looking to take advantage of gamers and exploit their willingness to pay for scarce items.

As you might be able to tell, I'm not particularly satisfied with how the situation turned out in my area!

Last edited:

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
Unfortunately I couldn't go out on release night and look for the SNES Classic. I had to work that night. In the morning when I arrived home from work I checked every major retailer for the SNES Classic. Well, every store was sold out.

However, I'm in luck. My brother went to Meijers on release night and bought one for me. I just have to pay him back the 79 dollars. He said they only had 10 consoles in stock, and he was 9th in line. In about two weeks when he comes up here from college he's going to give me the console.

Also, I'm not trying to tell anyone what to do, but I would highly advise all of you to not purchase the SNES Classic from scalpers. If you can wait that's what I would highly recommend.

Do as you please, though. Eventually there will be more in stock. Paying anything over retail price isn't worth it, but that's just my opinion.

Last edited: