• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Classroom Training (594)

uber gon

Accept Change
Nobody noticed? There was a Diglet sitting on the bench next to the bald headed punk dude! We were so close to seeing its lower part!! Soooooo close!!!

Darn I WANT to know what the bottom looks like.

Selfdestruct Togepi

Fangirls Beware!
Aside from the funny Diglet part, did anyone noticed that baby Glamoew has pretty much the same face expretion thoughout the flashback.
It might be just me or does He/She look happy enough in the box (then again I was only looking at the episode pic's so I can't really tell)

anyway a cute and funny episode I thouht it was.

Shego

The Pokémon Explorer
It's nice that Ash and Co. made it into Snowpoint City which is Zoey's hometown. I wonder what she'll do next? I have to admit that Zoey's a cool character. Candice's kind of cute. But I do know that Ash will win a Gym Battle against Candice. Zoey also obtained four ribbons.

TeddiUrsa

Atleast for me, the Zoey hate was always tongue-in-cheek.

Well, I never hated Nozomi, it is just that she is terribly bland and boring as a rival. I don´t think it really works. Even Suzuna mentions that ;)
I like that she is a Haruka-esque ( from Sailor Moon :p) character though, and her design. Her team however is with the exception of Missy nothing I really like. She is however not a character who deserves to be hated. That´ll be Hiroshi.

Anyway, I am very, very late with my review, but at least I could watch this episode one day before the next new one, so it is still fine ^^

I agree with every one who said that Nozomi was a lot more interesting in this episode. I liked her backstory and her chemistry with Suzuna a lot. Chibi-Nozochi was very,very cute and Suzuna is workshipped by Suikun for a reason after all.
Her character reminds me a lot of Natane, but in a very good way. Filthy fanart inspiration? You bet!

I was a bit disappointed that the CotD´s Skutank didn´t do ****, I guess we´ll have to wait for Jupiter´s skunk again. The school plot could have been a lot better but I wasn´t expecting a the ultimate test-like episode anyway.

Am I really the only one who scratched his head when that DIGLETT sat on the chair in the school??? It even had dirt around its body BUT was coming out of the chair...what the ****?! O.O
It reminds me what a strange and idiotic concept the diglett-line really has.

For a Kinoshita episode the animation were really not bad. Out of shape faces and body shots aside, I really think that Kinoshita is getting better.

JD

Yeah that confused me but I bet digglett is just a baby mole with a cyndaquilish body

^ASH^

Beginning Trainer
So we finally got translation for the explanation about Zoey's problem with doing both things at the same time... apparently this came from Sushi's sub so it's likely accurate:

When they were little Suzuna decided to do battles and become a Champion, while Nozomi wanted to do Contests and become a Top Coordinator. They promised each other to only follow one path and come out on top for each. So she looked down on people who did both because to her it just looked like they were fooling around.

If that's the reason then... it's pretty stupid, but Paul's reason for his own problem was also stupid (seriously, Reggie is NOT a failure having all these badges)
I guess they realized that unlike Paul's problem, Zoey's problem wasn't something they could stretch to the end of Sinnoh since it's not as exciting as Paul's and eventually would make her a boring character... so they "resolved" that quickly with Nando beating her and Zoey being ok with Ash in the Wallace Cup...

I think Zoey/Paul rivalry (not Gym/Contest rivalry, just relationship like what might be next ep) should have been there since the beginning, it could make Zoey much more interesting... but I guess it's better late than never

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
As brief of an explanation as that sounds for something that had a lot of weight put on it for Zoey's character, I'm glad the whole badge/ribbon exclusivity got some sort of closure. It may not even be brought up again from this point, which is fine, as the writers came up with an acceptable back-story for something that didn't have a whole lot of purpose.
So it is all Candice's fault for Zoey being they way she is/was. How sad.
So if I hated Zoey but love Candice, yet Candice made Zoey evil in the first place, then by the transitive property, must I hate Candice? I may have driven myself bonkers over such a paradox if it weren't for the fact that I have no bones with Zoey anymore. Would have been a frightening thought indeed.

Shego

The Pokémon Explorer
Oh come on. Zoey's not evil. She just a person that clearly make good choices.

Poeple saying that candice is a lesbian because the way she sees dawn! How Funny! lol
Plus, Zoeys cute in childhod and her glameow to. Them two just friends, I like there friendship.

Geodude

Anyways, for those who absolutely adore Piplup...

http://i44.*******.com/5uitg3.gif
I love cute little scenes like this where Pokemon become fascinated with mundane objects. There's just...something about them. :p And this GIF pretty much created itself, Piplup really did repeatedly go in and out through that pet door.

Shego

The Pokémon Explorer
Candice and Zoey do have a lot in common. And she's the reason why she likes to compete in contest.

Didn't enjoy this episode at all. There has already been at least one school-centric episode this generation, and frankly, I'm tired of it.
Interesting back story of Glameow (even though I can't stand it anyway)...
Yes, I did wonder at that Diglett, as I always do when it is on screen. I think it was just hiding its arms and legs under the table...
And that gif of the penguin truelly cements the idea in my head of its stupidness.

STICKTOPIA

It never even occured to me to wonder where Zoey was from. It was nice to see how she got Glameow.

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
Gotta few notes. I actually thought this episode was awesome!

-Yay! The episodes are finally in HD for me. :D Must go the same for others as well.
-Candice's VA was awesome. I can totally see that's Kether Donahue I believe. Since her voice is just the same as Lily from Kappa Mikey.
-Woah, looks like that Chef and his Lickilicky got a cameo appearance. Didnt see that coming. :p
-
Oh, during that Quiz, a picture of Cyndaquil. Hmm... wonder if that's like a hint to Dawn's Cyndaquil.
-Nice to see Zoey's past with Glameow. It was pretty sweet. =) Both Young Glameow and Zoey were so cute.
-Too bad Abomashow hasn't made much of a lot of apperances in this episode. But next episode he should though.
-With this city being pretty calm and quite, like said, not much music for this episode. There is still music though, but I like how it related to this episode.
-O_O Ice Aqua Jet again. Havent seen that since... can't rememer. :p Either Wake's Gym or a few episodes later.
-Piplup's Whirlpool to save all the Poke balls was pretty nice.

Well, Gym battle is next week. Can't wait so bad!

Last edited: