1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Claydol, Big And Tall (381)

Discussion in 'Pokémon - Advanced Battle' started by Serebii, Nov 20, 2004.

1. Geodude

Geodude Well-Known Member

I still don't get what the difference is. These pics are only gonna be posted in other threads anyway.

2. £añkaÑ

£añkaÑ ~Thîrûttû R⚢âl~

opps..i'm so sorry...i didn't know that...

i just wanted to show you ppl those 2 pics, as they were REAL FUNNY...sorry again....

*goes of to work on his FANFIC*

EDIT: SEREBII...just put the pics up...there pretty much the same as the ones i saw...but a bit different...they look cool...LOL

Last edited: Nov 26, 2004
  3. Space Skitty

Space Skitty Hoenn Champion

Well, I just got to see the pictures. BOY, this episode looks funny! Wobbuffet... It was just unpleasent looking! XD How the Claydol liked it the most, I'm not going to ask. Wobbuffet will always be that crazy, loveable Pokemon we all know! ^_^

4. Alfonso

Alfonso Derpgull

OMFG. May in a nurses outfit= BLATENT FANSERVICE. Look's like Pokemopolis was right after all. About May being one of the most blatent peices of fanservice, I mean.

But it's true. So FRIKKEN true. XD

5. V Faction

V Faction www.faction.com

Oddly enough, you're right about the Snorlax thing, as the most recent Snorlax episode (the Banana-Slakoth one) has him at least harboring the idea of catching the Snorlax to stop it. Ash seems to like those Snorlaxs, huh? And after checking to make sure, Ash also tried to capture the giant Gulpin-zilla with a Pokeball (with its size though it didn't work though). AAANNDD, while it wasn't Ash, the Great Fisherman tried to capture Whiscash with that Master Ball, again to no avail. Man, what is it with big Pokemon and capturing them...

6. Pokemon Fan

Pokemon Fan Knuckle Trainer

But, why was the giant Claydol so destructive that it had to be sealed away forever? It didn't seem like it was evil or anything. And on another note, why were two giant stone Poke Balls made if only one was used? Obviously it provides some insurance but it still seems odd. What would happen if this other ball was destroyed? And why was the ball it was sealed in origianlly floating on the surface of the pond anyway?

Still, one of the craziest and funniest episodes ever. ^_^

7. The Big Al

The Big Al I just keeping Octo

This is one of the strangest episodes of all time. We've a got a giant Claydol, crossdressing, Pokemon, and said Giant Claydol falling for one of said crossdressing Pokemon. How they ever came up with this episode is beyond me.

8. Gravy

Gravy Contaminated KFC

I just hope they try and do this sort of thing a little more often myself. I like the weird, random sense of humour in the show, it really does make me laugh :p Strange is good if its pulled off correctly, and it seems the pokémon writers have got it under control when it comes to all-out wackiness ^.^

9. The Big Al

Yeah, they also didn't get hoaky. Except for the ancient Poke' Balls and over sized Claydol, this episode was reasonable on the realism. It was totally absurd but still had a sense of realism.

EDIT: It would have been funny if Ash, Brock, James, and the old fart made bets on who Claydol fell for.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2004
  10. Murgatroyd

Murgatroyd Dull Manga Avatar

We don't know. All we know for sure was that it was too dangerous to be allowed to run loose.

The one on the mountain was the original. Long, long, long ago, the giant Claydol was sealed in it, but someone trying to use its power released it. Unable to get it back in, the wise man mentioned in the book somehow summoned the second one, which landed in the lake after resealing the Claydol.

11. JazzJazz

JazzJazz Well-Known Member

As predicted and as usual... there's always that 30 seconds little turn where Team Rocket become villains again and are quickly dispensed of.

12. The Big Al

It's giant Claydol that knows, Hyper Beam, Psychic, and Ice Beam. Do you really want that thing in your neighborhood? So, of course it would have to be sealed away. If only they could have shrunken it down to normal size, then it wouldn't have been such a danger and could remain loose.

13. Murgatroyd

Murgatroyd Dull Manga Avatar

...And Rapid Spin, apparently.

Changing the subject entirely, what was that music when the giant Claydol first appeared? It sounded very familiar, but I don't think it's one of the ones that usually plays in the series.

14. Wierdo

Wierdo Guest

There was also the episode when Pidgeot evolved. He tried to catch that Fearow to stop its rampage, remember?

EDIT: Marsh Trainer! Woohoo! *Does the chicken dance*

15. Missingno. Master

Missingno. Master Poison-type Trainer

Ash threw a POKEBALL at the Claydol? Shoot, that disproves my theory of him obtaining a Master Ball in the Barboach eppie, seeing as he would've used it then....

16. Cloud Strife

Cloud Strife JElliot

When I first heard of that, I thought it was for "fanservice" too, but after seeing the pics, it really is not that bad. There were much worse (or better depending on what way you look at it) nurse outfits they could have worn.

17. Geodude

Geodude Well-Known Member

Good point.

This episode is definitely the funniest in a long time. I can't wait for the dub either, in order to fully understand it. :) I've seen the Japanese version.

18. frednmethod

frednmethod Banned

ROFL.

It was really funny when Swellow tried to grab Wobbuffet, but only got its wig instead.

The facial expression on Swellow was priceless!

[​IMG]

19. FISSURE

FISSURE Guest

Question, ok in the episode when claydol throws may and ash and co catch her she says something in japanese, does anyone know what she says?

20. Ditzy_Blonde

Ditzy_Blonde Guest

Question: What is meant by the term "fan service"? :)