• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Claydol, Big And Tall (381)

PDL

disenchanted
the dub title, "Claydol, Big and Tall" reminds me of Sam Gamgee's rhyme about the Oliphaunt...

Grey as a mouse,
Big as a house,
Nose like a snake,
I make the earth shake,
As I tramp through the grass;
Trees crack as I pass.
With horns in my mouth
I walk in the South,
Flopping big ears.
Beyond count of years
I stump round and round,
Never lie on the ground,
Not even to die.
Oliphaunt am I,
Biggest of all,
Huge, old and tall.
If ever you 'd met me
You would never forget me
If you never do,
You won't think i'm true,
But Oliphaunt am I,
And i never lie.

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
Well, I was wrong on Claydol as well. I thought the "o" was long.

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
CyberCubed said:
Just wondering have the trainer choices been right in all these new episodes?
Toonami doesn't show the trainer's choice portion of the show. They basically just cut to the commercials whenever they damn well please, and completely edit out any eyecatches.
Toonami is crap like that x.x

Sharpshooter

Battle Factory Champion
CyberCubed said:
Just wondering have the trainer choices been right in all these new episodes?

Lol I doubt if Toonami even bothered to play trainers choice for any of these episodes, sometimes the opening theme song doesn't even get played. Always a bad editting job with Toonami. Bring back Sky One imo, asap and I don't care if they don't do 3 new episodes a week.

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
They only botched the Trainers choice for the first part of the Groudon/Kyogre episodes. They said Mudkip was the best choice of the Hoenn starters to battle Plusle and Minum

F

Factory Head Noland

I missed it at 5:00 and at 7:30...I'll just have to record it on Friday! =D

B

Blaziken master

Wobbufet when he found out his wig: Hilarious! His scream is so cute!

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
Best filler ever. It's so insane I can't stop laughing. I especially loved Wobbafett's face when Claydol was spinning. I'll post more when its over. Asuming I don't die laughing first.

CoolTrainerTerry

Rising Trainer
This was a good episode.

Pros:
Wobbuffet as the prettiest maiden.
James and Ash in grapefruit costumes.
The Sage always talking about souveniers.

Funny Quotes:
Team Rocket: Ca-ching!
May: Uh, what did you say?
Team Rocket: Uh, a magical thing!

(When Claydol is Spinning)
Jessie: I think I'm losing my lunch.
James: Don't worry, you'll soon have mine.

9/10

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
I survived. *cheers*

This was incredible. This is as insane as the Primeape episode way back to early Kanto. I wish they made more fillers like this.

The Big Al rates the episode
10/10

A unique episode which is too hard to come by in the Pokemon anime.

Atari

Did it on 'em
Pretty nice episode. A lot of parts made me laugh my head off, like the Claydol-Spinner and the ''Wobbufett, the Beautiful Maiden'' scenes. And the ''Egg-Plant Runners'' cracked me up. Ash and James had no clue what was coming to 'em! 9/10 Although the Claydol voice was kind of freaky. Rated best filler epidode in a while :D!
CoolTrainerTerry said:
I also forgot about The Guardian's Song. It's been forever since I heard that song.
Yeah, it's been a long time since I've heard it too... I was really surprised that Jessie and May actually knew how to play it :p

Last edited:

WaterDragon trainer

Freak Like Me
I thought this episode was pretty good. Claydol was awesome, but that Sage was VERY annoying with the souvenirs. I don't think Ash would use such a dangerous pokemon, IF HE CAUGHT CLAYDOL(but it would be funny to see the expression on the Sootopolis gym leader to face a Claydol the size the Empire State Building*LOL*). BTW, I have the same question as Ash. WAS THAT REALLY A CLAYDOL?(it seemed too powerful for one).

XD This episode>all.

Swellow's reaction was one of the many highlights of this episode. Seriously. It just screamed, "WTH!?!" XD

Mudkip and Lombre were actually put to some use :eek: That's something you don't see every episode. Granted, they didn't do a whole lot, but still.

May in the nurse's outift was a surprise. I thought 4Kids might have their way with that scene, but I stand corrected.

Wow, the maiden was hideous. Can't believe Claydol liked her ._.

James's and Ash's reaction to the eggplant killing were excellent:D

Claydol's voice was actually quite menacing, really. I liked it.

Overall rating:
9.5 out of 10
It's episodes like these that really show you what Hoenn's about. Even the fillers are quality material.

~*CB*~
The 8th Champion

Last edited:

PDL

disenchanted
is it just me, or was Ash's remark about the eggplant costume a reference to the apple costume he wore way back in that orange islands episode with Snorlax?

anyway, it was a halrious episode...

"Run Wobbuffet Run!"