• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Claydol, Big And Tall (381)

MidnightScott

Super Gamer
I also noticed they cut up the Opening - they finally got smart and left out Manyula and Rukario & Mew's scenes.

I thought the episode was kinda weird and just like a rip-off of The Ancient Legend of Pokémopolis. But - it was still pretty funny - the women getting dissed, the wobbuffet as the maiden, Team Rocket spinning around - their faces. May & Jessie's reaction to the old man's comment about them not being "gorgeous", Ash & James reaction to the Eggplant costumes being destroyed, Swellow's reaction to the Wig "WTF!?" - I liked the song - haven't heard that for a while. Claydol's voice fit it perfectly.

9/10

~Scott;229;

WaterDragon trainer

Freak Like Me
I thought this episode was fairly hilarious, like...
1. TR's faces when Claydol used rapid spin(especially James)
2. James' quote about Jessie saying she's about to lose her lunch(don't worry, you'll soon have mine)(something like that)
3. Swellow's expression when it only got Wobbuffet's wig
4. Wobbuffet running for dear life from Claydol
5. Meowth getting hit by Claydol's ice beam("you cold hearted Claydol")*lol*
6. Ash and James' expression when Claydol flattened their eggplant costumes

Medea

Excalibur
A pretty funny episode IMO. I just loved it when Jessie, May, Meowth, and Wobbuffet are all dressed up the same. And when Ash and James are in the eggplant costumes. Overall...like I said before, a very funny episode!

Silver Ryu

~Aqua Dragon~
This was very good for a filler. I loved the expressions, especially with Team Rocket when they were spinning around. And James and Ash dressed as eggplants=priceless. XD (this is random, but I just finished reading Lord of the Rings for the first time. So when there was that part about the "white sage" I instantly thought of Gandalf. XDD) And I noticed that when Jessie, May, Meowth, and Wobbuffet were dressed up, they were playing Lugia's song! :D That sage cracked me up. "To prove yourself worthy.....BUY SOME OF MY SOUVENEERS!" XD (and I know I spelled souveneers wrong. not sure how to spell it) Wonder how those stone Pokeballs work?

Anyway, 10/10. Best filler I've ever seen.

Tazzler

The reason claydol fell for wobby is that the illiustration of the maiden in the book looked like wobby.

10/10

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
I love when Claydol is goign through the "maidens".

Meowth: Obviously Giant Claydols prefer my kind of fun personalty.
Then Claydol sounds like it says "no I don't".

And yes, they didn't beat any of the gags to death and had so much material to work with. I wish more fillers could be like this.

Addydo

X-Men/Pokemon Fan!
They got rid of Manene and Manyula in the intro! NOW it looks weird seeing TR getting scared by nothing.

Don't worry, if 4Kids takes the new TR scene from the new Japanese intro, they would only have to remove Manene because Dustox was added, and Manyula was removed, and they don't get scared anymore!

Addydo

X-Men/Pokemon Fan!
Corvair said:
Don't worry, if 4Kids takes the new TR scene from the new Japanese intro, they would only have to remove Manene because Dustox was added, and Manyula was removed, and they don't get scared anymore!

Dustox wasn't added in either!?

D

Dr. Sun

The Big Al said:
They only botched the Trainers choice for the first part of the Groudon/Kyogre episodes. They said Mudkip was the best choice of the Hoenn starters to battle Plusle and Minum

Well, it makes more sense than you might think, considering that Mudkip's evolutions are part Ground, which would make Plusle and Minun's electric attacks worthless.

Anyway, this was a hilarious episode, but for two blunders:

1) Claydol should have chosen Jesse in that gorgeous ballet costume.

2) May should have been in a ballet costume too.

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
Dr. Sun said:
1) Claydol should have chosen Jesse in that gorgeous ballet costume.
But where would the humor be in that?

Samayowa

you amaze me.
For me this episode was a needless filler (granted most fillers are needless). I hate it when they have episodes like this...it makes me emo..lol

V Faction

www.faction.com
Dome Superstar Tucker said:
For me this episode was a needless filler (granted most fillers are needless). I hate it when they have episodes like this...it makes me emo..lol
That's pretty sad.

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
V Faction said:
That's pretty sad.
It is. How can you hate this? I hate fillers with a passion but I think this is the best episode of the season.

V Faction

www.faction.com
It's not just the hating it part. He gets "emo"....

Now tell me, how exactly does an anime like Pokemon get you emo?

G

Geki

Great episode, one of the best fillers I've seen in a long time. Ash and James were hilarious when they dressed up as Eggplants. Claydol had a nice dub voice. Everything went well.

4/5

Tazzler

Ash:I'm delicious.

V Faction

www.faction.com
Ash: Why does the keep happening to me....

My favorite line. Yes, I'm looking at you Apple Ash....