• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Claydol, Big And Tall (381)

£añkaÑ

~Thîrûttû R⚢âl~
Serebii said:
People stop posting pics, you know our stance on that :p

They'll be up on the site in a few mins

opps..i'm so sorry...i didn't know that...

i just wanted to show you ppl those 2 pics, as they were REAL FUNNY...sorry again....

*goes of to work on his FANFIC*

EDIT: SEREBII...just put the pics up...there pretty much the same as the ones i saw...but a bit different...they look cool...LOL

Last edited:

Space Skitty

Hoenn Champion
Well, I just got to see the pictures. BOY, this episode looks funny! Wobbuffet... It was just unpleasent looking! XD How the Claydol liked it the most, I'm not going to ask. Wobbuffet will always be that crazy, loveable Pokemon we all know! ^_^

Alfonso

Derpgull
Murgatroyd said:
One of the best humor eps in a long time.

This isn't complete by any means, but here are a few of the good parts:

The "wise man"/souvenir vendor...
The ancient book which told of the sealing of the "great power" (the huge Claydol) by a wise man of long ago...
"I'll tell you about it if you buy something"...
"Team Rocket? Who are they?" / "It would take a long time to tell you everything, but to be brief, they're bad guys."...
"We'll help. We've got to protect the world from devastation"...
"When attacking it failed, the wise man lured it away with its favorite food, eggplant" (They try to lure it away with a basket of eggplant)...
"But small ones didn't work" (James and Ash dress up as giant eggplant)...
(James and Ash reach a dead end) "Then the wise man realized that the Claydol didn't like eggplant; it hated it"...
(James and Ash get out of the costumes and away, fast)...
"There was a priestess in the village, a woman of great beauty, who led the Claydol away"...
[img135]http://homepage.mac.com/murgatroyd314/priestessesS.jpg[/img135]
Jessie: The story said a woman of great beauty. I'm the only one needed here.
May: But a priestess should be a pure maiden...
Jessie: (very angry) Are you trying to say I'm not!?
Brock: Do we really need four?
Wise Man/Vendor: Well, we don't know what sort of beauty the priestess was, so we needed some variety.
[img135]http://homepage.mac.com/murgatroyd314/ladiesS.jpg[/img135]

...that's enough for now.

OMFG. May in a nurses outfit= BLATENT FANSERVICE. Look's like Pokemopolis was right after all. About May being one of the most blatent peices of fanservice, I mean.

But it's true. So FRIKKEN true. XD

V Faction

www.faction.com
Cloud Strife said:
I didn't think he tried it other than with Snorlax (both of them, the one blocking some river in Kanto, and the one he did capture in the Orange Islands) and there were other times this could have worked, the ancient Pokemon of Grandpa canyon is a perfect example. But I digress
From what I heard, this episode looks great. Can't wait a year or so till it is in the US.

Oddly enough, you're right about the Snorlax thing, as the most recent Snorlax episode (the Banana-Slakoth one) has him at least harboring the idea of catching the Snorlax to stop it. Ash seems to like those Snorlaxs, huh? And after checking to make sure, Ash also tried to capture the giant Gulpin-zilla with a Pokeball (with its size though it didn't work though). AAANNDD, while it wasn't Ash, the Great Fisherman tried to capture Whiscash with that Master Ball, again to no avail. Man, what is it with big Pokemon and capturing them...

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
But, why was the giant Claydol so destructive that it had to be sealed away forever? It didn't seem like it was evil or anything. And on another note, why were two giant stone Poke Balls made if only one was used? Obviously it provides some insurance but it still seems odd. What would happen if this other ball was destroyed? And why was the ball it was sealed in origianlly floating on the surface of the pond anyway?

Still, one of the craziest and funniest episodes ever. ^_^

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
This is one of the strangest episodes of all time. We've a got a giant Claydol, crossdressing, Pokemon, and said Giant Claydol falling for one of said crossdressing Pokemon. How they ever came up with this episode is beyond me.

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
The Big Al said:
This is one of the strangest episodes of all time. We've a got a giant Claydol, crossdressing, Pokemon, and said Giant Claydol falling for one of said crossdressing Pokemon. How they ever came up with this episode is beyond me.
I just hope they try and do this sort of thing a little more often myself. I like the weird, random sense of humour in the show, it really does make me laugh :p Strange is good if its pulled off correctly, and it seems the pokémon writers have got it under control when it comes to all-out wackiness ^.^

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
Yeah, they also didn't get hoaky. Except for the ancient Poke' Balls and over sized Claydol, this episode was reasonable on the realism. It was totally absurd but still had a sense of realism.

EDIT: It would have been funny if Ash, Brock, James, and the old fart made bets on who Claydol fell for.

Last edited:

Murgatroyd

Dull Manga Avatar
Pokemon Fan said:
But, why was the giant Claydol so destructive that it had to be sealed away forever? It didn't seem like it was evil or anything.
We don't know. All we know for sure was that it was too dangerous to be allowed to run loose.

And on another note, why were two giant stone Poke Balls made if only one was used? Obviously it provides some insurance but it still seems odd. What would happen if this other ball was destroyed? And why was the ball it was sealed in origianlly floating on the surface of the pond anyway?
The one on the mountain was the original. Long, long, long ago, the giant Claydol was sealed in it, but someone trying to use its power released it. Unable to get it back in, the wise man mentioned in the book somehow summoned the second one, which landed in the lake after resealing the Claydol.

JazzJazz

Geodude said:
Turns out TR had only done so so they could conveniently take away Claydol in the other Pokeball, but they got owned in the end.

As predicted and as usual... there's always that 30 seconds little turn where Team Rocket become villains again and are quickly dispensed of.

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
It's giant Claydol that knows, Hyper Beam, Psychic, and Ice Beam. Do you really want that thing in your neighborhood? So, of course it would have to be sealed away. If only they could have shrunken it down to normal size, then it wouldn't have been such a danger and could remain loose.

Murgatroyd

Dull Manga Avatar
The Big Al said:
It's giant Claydol that knows, Hyper Beam, Psychic, and Ice Beam.
...And Rapid Spin, apparently.

Changing the subject entirely, what was that music when the giant Claydol first appeared? It sounded very familiar, but I don't think it's one of the ones that usually plays in the series.

W

Wierdo

I didn't think he tried it other than with Snorlax (both of them, the one blocking some river in Kanto, and the one he did capture in the Orange Islands) and there were other times this could have worked, the ancient Pokemon of Grandpa canyon is a perfect example. But I digress
From what I heard, this episode looks great. Can't wait a year or so till it is in the US.
There was also the episode when Pidgeot evolved. He tried to catch that Fearow to stop its rampage, remember?

EDIT: Marsh Trainer! Woohoo! *Does the chicken dance*

OMFG. May in a nurses outfit= BLATENT FANSERVICE. Look's like Pokemopolis was right after all. About May being one of the most blatent peices of fanservice, I mean.

But it's true. So FRIKKEN true. XD

When I first heard of that, I thought it was for "fanservice" too, but after seeing the pics, it really is not that bad. There were much worse (or better depending on what way you look at it) nurse outfits they could have worn.

ROFL.

It was really funny when Swellow tried to grab Wobbuffet, but only got its wig instead.

The facial expression on Swellow was priceless!

AG104.bmp

F

FISSURE

Question, ok in the episode when claydol throws may and ash and co catch her she says something in japanese, does anyone know what she says?