• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Clean or Kill?

Clean the birds or kill them?

• Clean

Votes: 10 90.9%
  • Kill

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters

Dan The Poke Man

MEGAMEGAMEGA
(Excuse myself if there is a thread like this already)

http://cosmiclog.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2010/06/07/4475943-clean-the-birds-or-kill-them

So, these birds were major victims in the oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico. A German scientist thinks it would be better to just kill the birds, instead of investing hours in cleaning them.

Out of respect, I would say to clean them. But there are other things that need attention too.

I'd like to hear others opinions, as I actually found this quite interesting.

Profesco

gone gently
Clean them. Either let activists do it, or boost the economy a bit by making jobs out of it.

Or wring them out into bottles and sell at profit.

Aquadon

TCG Trainer
The obvious idealist would say 'clean', and as Profesco said it would give some environmentalists a job, if only for a short time. If that's completely impossible though, I wouldn't want those birds to suffer.

An00bis

Wicked Witch
There's no point in cleaning the birds, releasing them, and then having them covered in oil again since the spill isn't completely stopped. Mind that the Gulf will be like this for months even after the spill is contained while they clean things up. If they can't find a place to contain the birds until this is all over (and I doubt it) they should just let them go. Resources can be put forward to prevent anymore animals from suffering in the time it'd take for them to clean up a handful of birds.

Even the biologists who are supporting the cleanup effort admit that it's a long-shot for any of these cleaned birds to survive in these conditions.

Dattebayo

Banned
Save the birds, they could be part of the endangered species list.

ianflowforever

Coordinator Plus
I guess we could give the birds 'Showers', but, we all know how bad that can go.
Sorry, that was horrible. Though, I think we should try to clean them, but it depends on the condition, and if they're surviving.