1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

*clears throat* Err... hello? I'm new!

Discussion in 'SPPf Help & Newbie Lounge' started by Aurea, Apr 3, 2012.

1. Aurea

Aurea Sees into your soul!

First off, let me introduce myself, I am Aurea. I'm a really big Pokemon fan, and have been into the games since I found an abandoned Ruby game on the floor somewhere, I decided to give the game a try and have been a faithful fan ever since! Although I never watched the show, I've got most of the games, but I'm mostly interested in the Fan-fictions and artwork.

I do sprite Pokemon, and as you can see from my *Cough-Fail-Of-A-Cough* signature, I'm trying to animate my work. Although I can't scratch sprite, I'm okay at TrainerMons and Fusions.

I'm a big reader, and I really hope I can contribute to the FanFic section, with my own work and reading other people's.

Anywho, I'm starting to ramble..... so I just posted this thread to say hello and hopefully make some friends! ^-^

2. KingWiggins

KingWiggins Well-Known Member

Well, Welcome to Serebii :)

I hope you enjoy your stay :)

3. Hi, welcome to SPFF!~ :D

Read the rules and stickied stuff of course, it'll help ya.

Otherwise I'm here if you want to talk or something. I love the animtaion in your sig :eek: I love Sabrina and Espeon is cool.

4. G50

G50 No longer posting

Hello Aurea, Welcome to the Forums! :)

I recommend you get aquainted with the FAQs, rules, and stickies of the Forums and sections.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

5. Gelatino95

Gelatino95 Not a tool

If you like fan fics, then check the "Supernova" link in my sig. It's my fic that's still in progress, though I haven't worked on it in a while. I still plan to continue it though.

Also, your spriting work looks acceptable. I find the best way to learn how to scratch is to use a macro image, resize it to 94x94 (5th gen sprite size) and trace over it.

6. Aurea

I'll be sure to check out your fic!

And thanks for the advice! I plan to learn how, so that's been very useful, thank you.

@ Shadow PKMN Trainer, thanks for the compliment, Espeon sure is cool!

7. Gelatino95

Gelatino95 Not a tool

I have to warn you, the beginning parts aren't very well written. Superficially I think it's great, but the writing is rather shallow and the characters aren't well developed for their purposes. I was pretty hasty, churning out two or three chapters a day. I improved later, though.

8. Aurea

Ah, don't worry, if it's a good story and well written at the end, I'll be happy. And you learn while doing with writing, so it's understandable if early work is not quite as good as more recent work.

9. Gelatino95

Gelatino95 Not a tool

Also, one thing that I forgot to say is thank goodness you don't watch the show. We have far too many weeaboo freaks on these forums.

10. Guywhoiam

Guywhoiam Dr. Researcher Man

Welcome! Well, not much else I can say now without echoing everyone else...

OH! I know! I have every Pokeymanz on my White version, so if you need anything let me know. I frequently give free Pokemon away.

11. Darato

Darato (o,..,o)

Welcome to sppf!

If you need any help or just want a friend feel free to ask me.

L.F.D.

12. Eternalserenity

Eternalserenity Wanderer

*gives Aurea a glass of water and a cough drop*
    Oh, and welcome to SPPf. Espeon is a good avatar choice. It's my favorite of the seven.

13. Ambre

Ambre Power of Water

OMG!!! YOU FOUND THE ONE I LOST!!! No, I really lost mine back in the day though. But Welcome.

14. Hi There!!!

:D