• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Clefairy & The Moonstone! (006)

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Quite disappointed that Zubat was caught off-screen. Clefairy evolving was exciting, despite that. Otherwise, a decent one.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
It would have been nice to see Brock catch Zubat on screen since we rarely see the sidekicks battling.

Yup agreed I can only guess that time was a factor and the show's writing staff didn't have enough time to show him catching it which is a shame however. ^^;

keepitsimple

site of lies
Yup agreed I can only guess that time was a factor and the show's writing staff didn't have enough time to show him catching it which is a shame however. ^^;

Well like Lorde said, there was that long Clefiary dancing scene at the end which could have been made shorter to save time for the capture of Zubat.

JudySpell

Banned
Watched this the other day. Better than I remember. Meowth inflating like a balloon is funny; Seymore's rhymes are annoying. Clefairy are cute. This episode has a nice magical vibe.

Seymour's whole character felt annoying to me since his voice was grating and the Clefairy evolution scene was the only memorable part to me.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Seymour's whole character felt annoying to me since his voice was grating

Ha ha iirc Maddie Blaustein voiced Seymour the scientist and although I liked the voice, I didn't think Seymour was needed other than to explain Mt Moon's environment to Ash's group.

JudySpell

Banned
Ha ha iirc Maddie Blaustein voiced Seymour the scientist and although I liked the voice, I didn't think Seymour was needed other than to explain Mt Moon's environment to Ash's group.

I didn't know who his voice actor was but this is interesting. And he also explained what the Clefairy were up to like when they used Metronome so he did have a purpose after all.

Gillachu

Banned
I loved Ash seeing Gary's taunt on the sign post at the end. Total episode highlight for me since the Clefairy stuff was a snoozefest.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Seymour's Pokemon coming from outer space theory makes sense and I wish that Brock had been shown catching Zubat, but nooooo.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I liked how Mt. Otsukimi looked like a cone, which made it distinct from most mountains in the anime. And while Rikao was a nice character and all, his presence here didn't add much to the episode. The Pippi dancing around the Moon Stone was enjoyable however, as was Kasumi's short bout against Nyasu.

Bananarama

The light is coming
For a filler episode, this was pretty entertaining. I thought it was funny how Seymour was triggered by being called "mister" at the beginning.

DatsRight

That added a bit of convolution retroactively, especially when Seymour butted heads with Meowth. XD Too many of Blaustein's early voices were just Meowth's but with a different accent (see also Damien in Charmander's debut).

Similarly after the voice switch, Nathan Price voiced the professor in the Slowpoke episode where he reads a cue card sucking up to Meowth.

Poor Onix's track record is brutalised again by being outstrengthed by Koffing. :p

Last edited:

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
How did Koffing even injure Onix? Like I vaguely recall James telling him to use Counter, though Koffing never even used said attack after this episode.

I liked the Clefairy; I thought they were really cute. And the part where some of the Clefairy evolve after being exposed to the Moon Stone was pretty neat.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Poor Onix's track record is brutalised again by being outstrengthed by Koffing. :p

In defense of Takeshi's Iwark's loss, it was facing off against a slightly more competent Kojirou than we're used to seeing these days. So I found it somewhat believable that Kojirou's Dogars would be able to take on Iwark without much difficulty.

This episode was confusing since we found out from Seymour that Moonstones originates from Mt. Moon yet that doesn't explain why we will see other Moonstones later.

Leonhart

Imagineer
This episode was confusing since we found out from Seymour that Moonstones originates from Mt. Moon yet that doesn't explain why we will see other Moonstones later.

My personal head-canon is that the Moon Stone present at Mt. Otsukimi's summit is the source of all Moon Stones, at least in Kanto.