• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Clemont's Got A Secret (812)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Retaking the Lumiose Gym! Clemont's Secret!!

Returning to Lumiose City, Ash & co. bump into Clemont & Bonnie's father, who inadvertently reveals to Ash and Serena that Clemont is the Lumiose City Gym Leader. However, they soon learn that a machine created by Clemont, the Citroid, which was to guard the gym, has instead taken over it. Clemont is eager to stop the Citroid and infiltrates the gym, only to find that the Citroid demands a battle. Will Clemont be able to retake the gym?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Last edited by a moderator:

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
The episode starts off with Ash and co. walking into Lumiose City.

Ash has a flashback to when the gym attacked him.

A man and an Ampharos then run into Ash and co.

Clemont and Bonnie tell Ash and Serena that the man is their father, Limone.

Limone freaks out and then cries tears of joy.

Bonnie introduces Limone to Dedenne.

Limone and Ampharo take off on a scooter after telling saying something, that makes Ash and Serena learn that Clemont is the Lumiose Gym Leader.

He sits on the rim of a fountain in the city and tells them a bit of his backstory and how he built a robot called Citroid.

Clemont soon notices that their something wrong with the robot and that it is out of control. I think it is supposed to quiz the challengers, like Bonnie does in the games. The robot locked Bonnie and Clemont out of the gym after the ran screaming from it.

People outside the gym are angry about the robot and how it is unfair, or something like that I think.

Ash yells at Clemont in order for Clemont to gain some confidence about battling the robot.

They then sneak into the gym and are soon attacked by a Magnemite.

Ash sends out, Froakie and uses Froakie's bubbles to attack the Magnemite.

They then run into a Magneton, which Serena's Fennekin tries to take care of, but instead Froakie is the one to defeat Magneton.

Dare Da? Bunnelby.

Clemont notices a dent in Citroid's head and soon after, Clemont battles the robot.

Clemont sends out Bunnelby and Citroid sends out Heliolisk.

Clemont's eyes flash as he gets an idea.

He tells Bunnelby to use Double Team.

Heliolisk uses an Electric attack that zaps all the clones, including the real Bunnelby.

Bunnelby uses dig and Bonnie is worried for Clemont.

Bunnelby uses Double Team as it jumps out the hole.

Citroid gets confused.

Bunnelby finishes Heliolisk off with Mud Shot.

After the battle, the electric Pokemon in the gym have stopped trying to attack Ash and co.

Ash puts his arm around Ash and after feeling happy, he the realises something.

As the sun sets, Clemont tells his dad that he wishes to travel with Ash, Bonnie and Serena.

Limone isn't really happy about it, but Clemont pleads and I think even Citroid pleads.

Limone then accepts Clemont's decision and gives his son a hug.

Bonnie is wearing a Tyrantrum pajama suit as she sleeps and Clemont wears a night cap.

The makes Blaziken and his Blaziken then jump off of a building nearby, in Lumiose city.

To be continued.

Last edited:

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Only saw the end of the episode but if there was any doubt, yeah the kids father is the supah hiro!

I juust saw the epsiode from the battle onwards, battle was ok.

Question the japanese speakers, so he reprogrammed the robot and the robot will stay defending the gym while he travels?

Clemont has an Heliolisk, Magnemite and Magneton I believe since the pokemon should belong to him.

I wish he would bring Heliolisk with him but I guess he let those 3 for the Robot to defend the gym if my assumption is rigth.

MedievalMovies

Absolute Power
Nice to finally hear the Gym Leader theme from X/Y in the anime.

PortugueseLynx

What, really, then Heliolisk was taken by granted by a mere robot and is not even wanted by Clemont? No bond at all?
Wow some gym leader. Trading his supposed best and closest mon for a collection of rodents.

DaDonYordel

The Gazing Eye
Entire episode was overflowing with friendship. Nice to see Clemont's character arc isn't over yet seeing as Ash has yet to challenge Clemont's gym. It's development was subtle but it is clear if one pays attention to his actions in the previous episodes (to which the anime helpfully provides flasbacks for those who didn't notice).

Nice touches of callbacks to Ash and Clemont's episode 1 battle there, using sand to block thunderbolt. Battle was awesome with those erupting Double Team Bunnelby.

Also:
-Dat Magneton dodging
-Dat Serena and Bonnie sleeping together
-Dem Tyrantrum pyjamas
-Dat Clemont's eyes shimmering as he listens to Ash talk while in their futons
-Dat superhero dad

Two things that caught my eyes in this episode:

1. Magneton split into three Magnemite to dodge Froakie's move.
2. Bulldoze. Didn't see that coming. Does this means they have lifted the ban from these type of moves?

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
2. Bulldoze. Didn't see that coming. Does this means they have lifted the ban from these type of moves?

Same thing i thought as well.

I guess they are most likely going to showcase most of the Ground type moves now like Earth Power or Fissure, but i think that Earthquake would remain banned (since that is sort of a touchy subject from the Japanese people point of view).

DaDonYordel

The Gazing Eye
What I would like to know is what Bonnie whispered to Clemont after Ash and Serena decided to aid them recapture the gym. Something about being relieved that Ash and Serena are with them?

Same thing i thought as well.

I guess they are most likely going to showcase most of the Ground type moves now like Earth Power or Fissure, but i think that Earthquake would remain banned (since that is sort of a touchy subject from the Japanese people point of view).

If that is the case then it is probably wrong time for Ash to not have a Ground type Pokemon.

What I would like to know is what Bonnie whispered to Clemont after Ash and Serena decided to aid them recapture the gym. Something about being relieved that Ash and Serena are with them?

I thought they were talking about some hidden path that can lead them into the gym. But that's just me, it could be anything.

MedievalMovies

Absolute Power
I thought they were talking about some hidden path that can lead them into the gym. But that's just me, it could be anything.

I heard Bonnie mentioning something about Ash and Serena, and I would like to know what the context is as well.

Sushi

unspecified
Staff member
Super Mod
She said that they (Clemont and herself, or just Clemont) were lucky Ash and Serena are with them.

Such an adorable episode. I'm slightly worried that they went so high on the friendship scale this early into the series - but seeing all those cute scenes showing their newly-formed bond was worth it. I mean,

[img139]http://i43.*******.com/29bgchx.jpg[/img139]

Gah :'D

LilyTwo

Nice episode! I have to say, Froakie is quite a tough one for Handling that Magneton the way he did. Here's hoping Ash does get a Greninja.
Also, Tyrantum pajamas. Bonnie is such acutie! :)
Yes, this series is already shaping up to be more to my liking than DP and BW.

(P.O.K.E.M.O.N)

AshXSerena = Canon
Isn't it amazing how a positive group can change someone's perspective of a series? Everyone in XY is just so happy and supportive of each other, it just seems like everyone belongs together, infact this is the first group dynamic that i feel isn't forced.

It's just so fantastic to see such great friendship in pokemon, and i hope to see more episodes like this in the future.

10/10

Last edited:

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Though they still followed the Citroid's orders for some reason, I'm glad that Clemont's pokémon were at least happy to see him, especially after hearing the theories about how they were mad at Clemont about something to attack their own trainer

Also, did anyone else notice how Bonnie had her own bedroom, while Clemont just slept on the living room floor since he gave Ash the couch? What do you think that tells you on who's the favorite in the family?

Last edited:

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
Though they still followed the Citroid's orders for some reason, I'm glad that Clemont's pokémon were at least happy to see him, especially after hearing the theories about how they were mad at Clemont about something to attack their own trainer

after all citroid was created by clemont, it just happen to go berserk

Everlasting

Everything stays.
Amazing episode! I will surely do my review later! So now, I'm giving some of my favorite pictures!
[spoil][IMG139]http://filb.de/content/anime/xy/009/051.jpg[/IMG139]
Sorry Clemont, she belongs to Ash. I like how kind and calm Serena is; she doesn't seem to be shy and laughs at Clemont's father for being teasing him. So sweet!

[IMG139]http://filb.de/content/anime/xy/009/067.jpg[/IMG139]
"Woooooobbuffet!"

[IMG139]http://filb.de/content/anime/xy/009/073.jpg[/IMG139] [IMG139]http://filb.de/content/anime/xy/009/075.jpg[/IMG139]
CLEMOOOONT !

[IMG139]http://filb.de/content/anime/xy/009/136.jpg[/IMG139]
They are cute, aren't they?! :3

[IMG139]http://filb.de/content/anime/xy/009/273.jpg[/IMG139]
I love their girl relationship!

[IMG139]http://filb.de/content/anime/xy/009/460.jpg[/IMG139]
"Hum, you see.. Well, I mean..."

[IMG139]http://filb.de/content/anime/xy/009/509.jpg[/IMG139]
Aaaaaawh!![/spoil]

p96822

Evolve me please
[IMG139]http://filb.de/content/anime/xy/009/509.jpg[/IMG139]