• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Clemont's Got A Secret (812)

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
It used both Thunderbolt and Parabolic Charge. It even showed the recovery effect.

Oh, well still don't get the Electro Ball design being part of it lol.

Hjörung´s wrath

Merovingian relic
I thought the same! In all of his years I don't remember Ash ever actually putting his arm around anybody lol

Ash kind of did that to Brock when he introduced him to May and Max.
But yeah, I really like all these sweet buddy-buddy moments in XY. It makes the characters more realistic and human.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
Another enjoyable XY episode, with a nicely thought out battle to fit with the interesting plot! I had a feeling Clemont would leave Heliolisk there for now; it'll probably join the team after the gym battle with Ash.

Heliolisk had a pretty cool moveset, Citroid wasn't nearly as creepy as I feared, Limone is the Blaziken guy (as we suspected).. and omg, the scene with Tyra-Bonnie and Serena in bed was adorable!

I actually really love XY so far.. Characters, Pokemon and all!

BlueDragonfangirl

Well he couldn't really do something like that with Brock & Cilan since they were taller and were more mature than him.

While though Tracey never had that type of interaction with Ash, since he was mostly in his own world.

I don't know, one thing I liked about Tracey / Ash's relationship was he kind of looked up to him and respected the guy more than the others did. Remember that episode Tracey got his first Pokemon? He was trying to copy Ash's ways of catching Pokemon style LOL. I never for some reason thought Ash and Brock were that close, I only saw that in movie three, he had more of a bond with the girls than him in my opinion, heck in the D / P films Brock would always get left behind, he even made a comment on that in one of those filmsXD

I love every thing about the interactions in the new cast, they all kind of seem like a family right now, well every one but Ash and Serena of course for obvious reasons LOL. I hope we get some moments between Ash and Bonnie next :)

Is it me or did the animation seem like it was animation from the films? Maybe that's only me. over all, fun episode :)

KumaPanda

Psyduck is cute <3
Though they still followed the Citroid's orders for some reason, I'm glad that Clemont's pokémon were at least happy to see him, especially after hearing the theories about how they were mad at Clemont about something to attack their own trainer

Also, did anyone else notice how Bonnie had her own bedroom, while Clemont just slept on the living room floor since he gave Ash the couch? What do you think that tells you on who's the favorite in the family?

I actually thought Clemont gave the bed the Ash because he was considered a guest. I also imagined that Ash would have objected to this, except Clemont would insist that he gets the bed instead. As for Bonnie and Serena, I have a feeling Bonnie doesn't mind sharing a bed with a sister like figure, even if they just met recently, lol.

Dylz

Trainer since 1997
Anyone know where to watch this with english dubs?

Sephora

yes I'm back
The episode was great and I enjoyed it. As usual, the XY episodes have met my expectations. Some highlights:
- The group dynamics and interactions with one another: Satoshi and Citron's bromance. I thought it was adorable how Satoshi put his arm around Citron. They seem closer than even Satoshi and Takeshi which is interesting. Not to mention Eureka and Serena's sisterly bond. The end scene when they both slept in the bed was adorable!
- Their father, Limone, is funny. I like how someone so big and burly cries so much LOL. I also loved the part where he teased Citron about Serena. It is a very fatherly thing to do, embarrass your child XD
- The battle between Bunnelby and Heliolisk was great. The animation was superb as usual.

Overall, this episode was very entertaining. 8.5/10

RVD_fan

Didnt think we'd get a Blaziken-man reveal this early, wonder what they'll do with him throughout the show.
I'm actually glad they didn't hold it out as a big mystery, I knew as I soon as I saw he had an Ampharos that he was gonna be the mega evolution guy. I am still curious to see where his character goes and how he ended up getting a Mega Ring, assuming they're as rare as they are in the games.

I was for certain Clemont was going to lose and end up going on a journey to strengthen himself. While I think that would've been a good plotline, I enjoyed this angle enough to not be disappointed. I am a little disappointed he doesn't seem to be taking Helioisk with him though. Clemont continues to be the stand-out character for me, I hope he gets a lot more development before the battle with Ash.

If anyone can understand any Japanese, did Clemont say he was building the robot because he was tired of Gym battles?

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
I was for certain Clemont was going to lose and end up going on a journey to strengthen himself. While I think that would've been a good plotline, I enjoyed this angle enough to not be disappointed. I am a little disappointed he doesn't seem to be taking Helioisk with him though. Clemont continues to be the stand-out character for me, I hope he gets a lot more development before the battle with Ash.

his heliolisk seems to be the powerhouse for the upcoming gym battle with Ash , that maybe the reason why he didn't bring it on his journey.

Hadn't seen the episode yet, but I'm glad I read this! I'm a sucker for spoilers.

Didnt think we'd get a Blaziken-man reveal this early, wonder what they'll do with him throughout the show.

It makes me think that since he has a Blaziken and an Ampharos that he knows something about Mega Evolution, something really important.

Sephora

yes I'm back
his heliolisk seems to be the powerhouse for the upcoming gym battle with Ash , that maybe the reason why he didn't bring it on his journey.

Exactly. Plus they need a strong pokemon to remain at the gym anyway.

KumaPanda

Psyduck is cute <3
How do we know if Clemont isn't bringing a pokemon with him? The episode ended with the group sleeping at Clemont and Bonnie's house and the preview for the next episode only shows Clemont with Chespin.

shac

This was a really good episode.

Things of note:

The battle between Citroid and Clemont. Awesome new animation for dragon-tail. Also loved bulldoze and parabolic charge. Clemont was using unconventional strategy to win. Give Citroid a pattern and then break the pattern to make him confused. Good job Clemont. I also liked how Pikachu could sense that bunnelby was still underground during the second dig. That was cool. That's one strong bunny though. Cant wait for the inevitable Ash vs Clemont now. Wonder if he will use bunnelby against Ash, or if it will be strictly electric pokemon.

The group interaction was really well done too. :)

Good job writers!

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
A fairly nice episode. Clemont and Bonnie were gold here, but they always were. Their dad was alright, nothing to write home about. At least he was more lively then half the characters mothers. We don't have enough fathers in this anime, my goodness. Citroid wasn't what I expected, but I did love his robotic eye squint making him look all smug and superior to anyone. Didn't see it subbed so I have no idea what they were all talking about or why Citroid went rogue, but I very much enjoyed the battle. Bunnelby has got to be one of the coolest sidekick Pokemon to ever grace the anime. It's probably my favorite male sidekick Pokemon, along with Croagunk of course. It's battle with Heliolisk was good. I hope Clemont takes it with him after the 5th Gym match. No Team Rocket here, just lots of Clemont and Bonnie goodness :D

The ending with them spending the night at Clemont's place was cool. I guess Clemont doesn't want anyone sleeping in his room so he and Ash had to camp out on the couch. I won't blame him if that was the case. I'm a clean freak myself. Serena and Bonnie sharing a bed was beyond adorable and if it wasn't for Clemont's Gym match I'd say Bonnie stole the show again with her Tyrantrum PJ's. Is this the first time a sidekick won a Gym match? If so mark it down in the history books of Pokemon. Funny how a girl hasn't unless Iris did in BW, I wouldn't know. Poor Fennekin's been useless for two straight episodes. Better pick up the pace, little fox. With Chespin coming, you might get swept under the rug. But to be fair, who knew Magneton could do what it did? A pretty nice episode and I'm happy for Clemont screentime and development.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Eek, the Citroid was creepier than I imagined. I really didn't like the actual battle between Clemont and the Citroid aside from Bunnelby's Dig and Double Team combo. The whole battle just felt redundant especially given the sappy ending with the Citroid turning "good" and the Gym's Pokemon ceasing their attacks on Ash and friends. Seeing Limone hug Clemont was cool though; I'm glad he decided to accept Clemont's decision to continue traveling. There's not much else to say about this episode; it was predictable tbh.

nuzamaki90

I'm really loving the group dynamics this saga. Being a four person group is great and it's even better now that there are two boys and two girls. Ash and Clemont act like brothers, along with Pikachu and Dedenne, and Serena and Bonnie are a loving sister duo. Along with that, Froakie and Fletchling seem to have a really good bond with Froakie acting like the older brother patting(or slapping) Fletchling on the back and giving him some of the poke puffs. It really makes the group look like a big family traveling together and it's really enjoyable to watch.

After watching the last few minutes of the episode, I'm really excited to see Ash and Clemont face off when they get back to Lumiose City. Clemont could be using his Heliolisk, Chespin/Quilladin, and Bunnelby/Diggersby or even use the Magnets or even Dedenne. The possibilities are endless now that he officially has 7 Pokemon (by the time of next week it will be). It's going to be an exciting bout and hopefully nothing goes wrong.

I loved seeing Clemont's old Pokemkn and it was great seeing that they didn't hate his guts like it was speculated. The battle was also amazing and it's like every battle that happens in this saga is a gift for the eyes.

Limone is also awesome, and I'm glad he's proud of his son. Still hoping he battles Ash sometime, but I'm ready for next week to see him shine once again.

All in all, this was a 10/10 episode for me, everything was great and it was well worth the wait.

How do we know if Clemont isn't bringing a pokemon with him? The episode ended with the group sleeping at Clemont and Bonnie's house and the preview for the next episode only shows Clemont with Chespin.

Because then Citroid wouldn't have three Pokemon to battle with as Gym Leader

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I'm really loving the group dynamics this saga. Being a four person group is great and it's even better now that there are two boys and two girls. Ash and Clemont act like brothers, along with Pikachu and Dedenne, and Serena and Bonnie are a loving sister duo. Along with that, Froakie and Fletchling seem to have a really good bond with Froakie acting like the older brother patting(or slapping) Fletchling on the back and giving him some of the poke puffs. It really makes the group look like a big family traveling together and it's really enjoyable to watch.

After watching the last few minutes of the episode, I'm really excited to see Ash and Clemont face off when they get back to Lumiose City. Clemont could be using his Heliolisk, Chespin/Quilladin, and Bunnelby/Diggersby or even use the Magnets or even Dedenne. The possibilities are endless now that he officially has 7 Pokemon (by the time of next week it will be). It's going to be an exciting bout and hopefully nothing goes wrong.

I loved seeing Clemont's old Pokemkn and it was great seeing that they didn't hate his guts like it was speculated. The battle was also amazing and it's like every battle that happens in this saga is a gift for the eyes.

Limone is also awesome, and I'm glad he's proud of his son. Still hoping he battles Ash sometime, but I'm ready for next week to see him shine once again.

All in all, this was a 10/10 episode for me, everything was great and it was well worth the wait.

Because then Citroid wouldn't have three Pokemon to battle with as Gym Leader

Apparently he left the gym to his father so I'm guessing he is the new gym leader. He has an Ampharos so technically Clemont can take on of the pokemon. I kind of hope for Magnemite myself. Course I've always wanted one on the main cast so I could be bias lol.

diakyu

So when Clemont tells bunnelby to block a move with a dirt wall Ash says something. Is he talking about how it was the same tactic used against him in XY1?

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
I haven't watched it yet, but is it ever explained why the Pokemon obey the Citroid against their own trainer?

Isn't it amazing how a positive group can change someone's perspective of a series? Everyone in XY is just so happy and supportive of each other, it just seems like everyone belongs together, infact this is the first group dynamic that i feel isn't forced.

Realistic friendship isn't this flawless and perfect. Forced is exactly the word I'd use.

Last edited: